fadouasalam

please help I receive RFE about my CG

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife was given a copy of her DS-3025 at her POE in Chicago, and we took that paperwork along with us to a civil surgeon to have that information transcribed to the I-693 and put in a sealed envelope. Unfortunately for us there are only two civil surgeons in my city and we wanted to get our AOS package sent off in a timely fashion, one of the doctors wanted us to wait two months for an appointment, and the other was available the next week. The only problem was the one that was available right away wanted $325.00 to basically do a simple exam, a TB skin test, give one missing vaccination, and to transcribe the DS-3025 form to the I-693. I thought about not getting the I-693 done and taking a chance of an RFE, because I didn't want to pay the $325.00, but in the end I just went ahead and paid the big fee so we could get everything sent off as quick as possible.

Even though you had the medical exam abroad within one year of your adjusting your status, from what I understand that DS-3025 form still needs to be transcribed to the I-693 form by a civil surgeon. So just take all your vaccination records, and the DS-3025 form to a civil surgeon and have them complete your I-693, shouldn't be a big deal. I've seen several people on here just send the DS-3025 only and get their green card no problem. But in your case you received an RFE, so you basically have no choice but to make an appointment with a civil surgeon and have them transcribe the DS-3025 to an I-693 form. As long as you already have all your vaccinations then you shouldn't need any additional shots and they will probably complete it at minimal cost and in a timely fashion.

Best of luck to you, I hope everything works out for you.

Our Story
[February 23rd 2011] Met online
[March 2012 - June 2012] made travel plans, bought plane ticket, planned Vietnamese tea ceremony, bought engagement ring / wedding rings
[July 16th 2012] Met each other for the first time in person in Vietnam
[July 29th 2012] Had non-legal Vietnamese Tea Ceremony in her hometown
[August 16th, 2012] Left Vietnam to come back to the US
[August 20th - September 2nd] Prepared 1-129F packet to send to USCIS

K1 Journey
[september 4th 2012] I-129F packet sent
[september 9th, 2012] received text message from USCIS, stating that I-129F was accepted on Sept 7th
[september 11th,2012] received hard copy of the NOA1 in the mail
[April 17th, 2013] received text message on cell phone of NOA2
[April 22nd, 2013] received hard copy of the NOA2 paper in the mail
[April 24th, 2013] NVC sent packet to Ho Chi Minh City - US Embassy
[May 13th, 2013] Fiance received packet 3 from US Embassy in the mail
[May 20th, 2013] Fiance mailed completed packet 3 back to US Embassy
[July 9th, 2013] Fiance received packet 4 from US Embassy in the mail
[August 16th, 2013] Interview date, Approved!!!!

[sept 11th, 2013] My Fiance left Vietnam
[sept 12th, 2013] My Fiance arrived in Chicago and I was anxiously waiting at the gate for her.
[sept 25th, 2013] We got married

AOS journey starts
[Nov 14th, 2013] sent the AOS packet [i-485, I-765, I-131]
[Nov 16th, 2013] package was delivered
[Nov 22nd, 2013] received NOA1 via text message
[Nov 25th, 2013] check cleared my bank
[Nov 28th, 2013] received hard copy of NOA1 in the mail
[Dec 5th, 2013] received Biometrics appointment letter
[Dec 18th, 2013] Biometrics appointment
[Jan 17th, 2014] EAD/AP - card in the mail
[March 3rd, 2014] received I-797 in the mail, stating that my wife's AOS was approved, and to expect her green card in 3 weeks
[March 7th, 2014] received green card in the mail - we did not have an AOS interview

Having a Baby!!!
[October 28th, 2014] Pregnancy test is positive
[July 6th, 2015] our son is born

Removal of Conditions journey starts
[Dec 8th, 2015] sent the ROC packet I-751
[Dec 10th, 2015] NOA1
{Dec.14th,2015} Checked cleared my bank
[Jan 5th, 2016] Biometrics appointment
[June 1st, 2016] Notified that new card in production
[June 8th, 2016] Notified that card has been mailed
[June 10th, 2016] Received 10 year green card in the mail

US Naturalization (N-400) journey starts
[Feb. 10th, 2017] sent the US Naturalization paperwork - N-400
[Feb         , 2017] NOA1
[Feb.        , 2017] Check cleared my bank
[March      ,2017] Biometrics appointment

This the picture of the RFE

The problem is that you had the medical exam overseas and it was completed on DS-3025 for the vaccination record. The USCIS wants you to put the DS-3025 on THEIR form which is I-693 Supplement A. Even though they contain the same information, one form is for the Department of State and the other is for the USCIS. It is a royal PITA, but you need to find a civil surgeon and get the I-693 Supplement A completed. Hopefully you can find one that will do the transcription only and not charge you an arm and a leg. We found one that would do the complete I-693 for about $180 plus missing shots--total price of about $240. They insisted that my wife get a flu shot which gave her the flu.ranting33va.gif

You need to find a civil surgeon here. Have them complete the I-693 form. Pay the fee and send it off to the USCIS. To do otherwise will cause your application to be denied and you will be out the AOS fee of $1070. Unfortunately you are in their sandbox and must play by their rules if you want the benefit. It sucks but that is the path you have currently chosen.

Good Luck,

Dave

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you guyz I appriate your respenses yes im going to call some doctors hopefully will find one not expensive

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it has to be an actual civil surgeon that you have to see, I don't think you can just go to your family physician.

When we went to the civil surgeon in our area, We used the below link to find one that is approved by the USCIS.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

Good luck.

Our Story
[February 23rd 2011] Met online
[March 2012 - June 2012] made travel plans, bought plane ticket, planned Vietnamese tea ceremony, bought engagement ring / wedding rings
[July 16th 2012] Met each other for the first time in person in Vietnam
[July 29th 2012] Had non-legal Vietnamese Tea Ceremony in her hometown
[August 16th, 2012] Left Vietnam to come back to the US
[August 20th - September 2nd] Prepared 1-129F packet to send to USCIS

K1 Journey
[september 4th 2012] I-129F packet sent
[september 9th, 2012] received text message from USCIS, stating that I-129F was accepted on Sept 7th
[september 11th,2012] received hard copy of the NOA1 in the mail
[April 17th, 2013] received text message on cell phone of NOA2
[April 22nd, 2013] received hard copy of the NOA2 paper in the mail
[April 24th, 2013] NVC sent packet to Ho Chi Minh City - US Embassy
[May 13th, 2013] Fiance received packet 3 from US Embassy in the mail
[May 20th, 2013] Fiance mailed completed packet 3 back to US Embassy
[July 9th, 2013] Fiance received packet 4 from US Embassy in the mail
[August 16th, 2013] Interview date, Approved!!!!

[sept 11th, 2013] My Fiance left Vietnam
[sept 12th, 2013] My Fiance arrived in Chicago and I was anxiously waiting at the gate for her.
[sept 25th, 2013] We got married

AOS journey starts
[Nov 14th, 2013] sent the AOS packet [i-485, I-765, I-131]
[Nov 16th, 2013] package was delivered
[Nov 22nd, 2013] received NOA1 via text message
[Nov 25th, 2013] check cleared my bank
[Nov 28th, 2013] received hard copy of NOA1 in the mail
[Dec 5th, 2013] received Biometrics appointment letter
[Dec 18th, 2013] Biometrics appointment
[Jan 17th, 2014] EAD/AP - card in the mail
[March 3rd, 2014] received I-797 in the mail, stating that my wife's AOS was approved, and to expect her green card in 3 weeks
[March 7th, 2014] received green card in the mail - we did not have an AOS interview

Having a Baby!!!
[October 28th, 2014] Pregnancy test is positive
[July 6th, 2015] our son is born

Removal of Conditions journey starts
[Dec 8th, 2015] sent the ROC packet I-751
[Dec 10th, 2015] NOA1
{Dec.14th,2015} Checked cleared my bank
[Jan 5th, 2016] Biometrics appointment
[June 1st, 2016] Notified that new card in production
[June 8th, 2016] Notified that card has been mailed
[June 10th, 2016] Received 10 year green card in the mail

US Naturalization (N-400) journey starts
[Feb. 10th, 2017] sent the US Naturalization paperwork - N-400
[Feb         , 2017] NOA1
[Feb.        , 2017] Check cleared my bank
[March      ,2017] Biometrics appointment

Probably 50% of AOS applicants that don't send the I-693 receive a REF asking for it, it's pretty common so don't worry, it does not mean that you're going to be denied. Now you have take your vaccination records to a Civil Surgeon, they are the only Doctors authorized by the USCIS to complete your I-693. Find one here: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

The civil Surgeon probably is going to suggest you need a complete medical exam but you don't, the medical exam you had in your home country is still valid. Tell them that all you need is the I-693.

• K-1 Fiancee Visa

• Adjustment of Status

Conditions removal

Naturalization

You definitely can't use just any doctor, please select from the list of approved Civil Surgeons. I would recommend you call a few in your area to see what their prices are, I don't recall what I paid for my exam, but I don't think it was as much as $300. The surgeon I ended up selecting was very friendly and efficient, and his assistant was very familiar with the process as well so it doesn't hurt for you to find out a bit about them before you make an appointment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes I called some of them I find a big list on uscis and the cheap one told me 135 $ and I took an appointment for the next week he said gonna do the TB skin test...I told the assis that I still have my vaccination records as I did it 9 months now shes said u r u dont need again all the shots just come n he will transcribed the i693

Is that good??

Or should I take something with me please guyz guide me dont my green card to be dineid I miss my family and im planing to go on june

Dont want start all over again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You can go ahead and print it out and till out your information at the top in part 1, but do not sign it because you have to sign in front of them at the civil surgeon.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.