jgoodman

CFO Interview Jan 15

21 posts in this topic

Same here (been dead for over 20 yrs) but it's one of their standard questions.... make one up... how would they know. wink.png

If she takes a copy of your tax return to CFO make sure pertinent info is blacked out.

I will be there waiting for her and I would never give them a copy of my tax return. I will look for your CFO link about common questions but if she doesn't know a few of them sounds reasonable. I know all her info because I filled out the forms and the DS-260 asks once again all her family info and have a fairly good memory but is not my time in the hot seat. I filled out the DS-260 in her married name and the embassy finally finally finally responded with such a lame answer saying they process cases based on their passport names and to submit the DS-260 which is already done but in the online appt schedule they asked for the name and it mentioned to use the name used on the DS-260 if different from passport name, passport is maiden name....go figure. SNAFU. I guess I screwed that one up tho....

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Normally with CFO they just want something to prove singleness, it's a game they play. For me I had a previous divorce decree, plus a death certificate of my past wife.

Ya that is a hiccup for sure getting the names correct if you don't update the passport.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

OMG. I got in queue at 5:30 but it started at 2am. Hopefully can make afternoon session. What a messed up country thus is. Wife and i trade off holding baby but what if she were here alone? It is not more fun in the philippines. When this is over i will never come back.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG. I got in queue at 5:30 but it started at 2am. Hopefully can make afternoon session. What a messed up country thus is. Wife and i trade off holding baby but what if she were here alone? It is not more fun in the philippines. When this is over i will never come back.

You and the baby could've just stayed home.

So 5:30am did at least get us into the afternoon slot. There was mass confusion amongst all including the CFO workers, normal for the PI. So 12 hrs later after waiting PATIENTLY she got her pass, not the GCC stamp as no visa yet but made it thru the awful step they make their poor poor citizens endure before they are allowed to exit the country. If I was not there (they gave me a special badge) to help fill out the wifes form she probably would have given up. The form actually asks for the petitioners mothers full maiden name, bloody hell....so it was filled in but the wife would never have known this. This should be a breeze compared to the embassy interview I would think.

A brit who had been in line with his wife since 4am was complaining like myself about no queue control or numbering until the doors opened. I saw him leaving soon after his wife had entered the door to have her papers checked, she was with him so apparently they were missing something. Love makes us do things we would never dream of...

My wife actually has humor enough to text me and say she needed go back the next day they were open. I immediately started calling to the CFO office but they were closed....and she was joking...luckily they were not answering or I may be incarcerated in the metro manila area instead of posting now

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.