53 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Of course, the OP could easily find an immigration attorney who will tell her otherwise...for $400 an hour...but ethics are not the strong suit of immigration attorneys.

Apparently that was the case for the OP already. They had an attorney that had them file for the K-1 anyway.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Maybe a Notario?

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Similar case, mi fiance stay illegaly in usa for 7 months, his entreview was in agost 2013 and they said he canot enter until agost 2014, we are 7 months now from that date, what we should do now?, he call to the embasy and the said not to do all the k 1 process againg, just to reprogram an entreviw, is there anybody with a similar case, i will like to know how to proced. Por favor si alguien tiene un caso similar o ha pasado por este proceso le agradecemos la ayuda que nos brinden, mi prometido estubo illegalmente en usa por 7 meses y en la entrevista le negaron la visa y le dijieron que apli ara a un waiver o perdon, el caso es que estamos solo a 7 meses de cumplir el castigo de 3 años (se cumplen en agosto del 2014), por tal razon preferimos esperar ese tiempo y volver aplicar por la visa, el llamo a la embajada y le dijieron que no tenia que volver a hacer todo el pfo eso de la visa k1 y que solo tiene que reprogramar una cita con la embajada, solo queremos saber si alguien paso por este mismo proceso pues nuestro deseo es obtener la visa el mismo agosto, agradesco de antemano la ayuda y consejos que se nos brinden

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** English only in the immigration forums please. If you wish to post in a language other than English, use the Regional forums. Additionally, please do not "hijack" other member's threads; create your own thread about your own issues *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Similar case, mi fiance stay illegaly in usa for 7 months, his entreview was in agost 2013 and they said he canot enter until agost 2014, we are 7 months now from that date, what we should do now?, he call to the embasy and the said not to do all the k 1 process againg, just to reprogram an entreviw, is there anybody with a similar case, i will like to know how to proced. Por favor si alguien tiene un caso similar o ha pasado por este proceso le agradecemos la ayuda que nos brinden, mi prometido estubo illegalmente en usa por 7 meses y en la entrevista le negaron la visa y le dijieron que apli ara a un waiver o perdon, el caso es que estamos solo a 7 meses de cumplir el castigo de 3 años (se cumplen en agosto del 2014), por tal razon preferimos esperar ese tiempo y volver aplicar por la visa, el llamo a la embajada y le dijieron que no tenia que volver a hacer todo el pfo eso de la visa k1 y que solo tiene que reprogramar una cita con la embajada, solo queremos saber si alguien paso por este mismo proceso pues nuestro deseo es obtener la visa el mismo agosto, agradesco de antemano la ayuda y consejos que se nos brinden

Was your fiancé over 18 while he was in USA for 7 months? If he was under 18 then the 7 months don't count against him because he was a minor.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Our case was complicated to begin with. And it's my fault really for even putting myself through all this. I didn't realize two entries made a difference and I had only put his first one. His last entry hasn't been since 2005 and he has been in mexico since 2010. It is what it is. We had thought about the facts if this could happen, but I really thought we could of done a waiver, but I was wrong. It sucks to have to go back to Mexico, but I like it in Tlaxcala and we will survive and just wait it out till the rest of his 10 years are up. He has 6 more. I'm not ready to live without him for any longer. Being a single mother and doing all this stuff is starting to take its toll on me. So going back to Mexico is going to be the best option for us.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Our case was complicated to begin with. And it's my fault really for even putting myself through all this. I didn't realize two entries made a difference and I had only put his first one. His last entry hasn't been since 2005 and he has been in mexico since 2010. It is what it is. We had thought about the facts if this could happen, but I really thought we could of done a waiver, but I was wrong. It sucks to have to go back to Mexico, but I like it in Tlaxcala and we will survive and just wait it out till the rest of his 10 years are up. He has 6 more. I'm not ready to live without him for any longer. Being a single mother and doing all this stuff is starting to take its toll on me. So going back to Mexico is going to be the best option for us.

Well wishes to you and your family! smile.png

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Enjoy your new life.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.