53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If I were you, I would STRONGLY urge the boyfriend refrain from trying the third time. First step proving the good "potential" of becoming a good citizen is OBEYING to law of the land.

When you chose to break the law, there should be consequences. Now learn to deal with it. Don't try to find a way around it!

Yes but his last entry hasn't been since 2005 and left 2010 so we can try to do things right and for him to be a better person and be able to have his family with me and our daughter.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Here is a site that will help you more than this site can. http://www.immigrate2us.net/

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

This is a support group. So, PLEASE be supportive. If not supportive than keep comments neutral. Thank you.

If I were you, I would STRONGLY urge the boyfriend refrain from trying the third time. First step proving the good "potential" of becoming a good citizen is OBEYING to law of the land.

When you chose to break the law, there should be consequences. Now learn to deal with it. Don't try to find a way around it!

Filed: Timeline

20 yrs non-waivable bans, your lawyer should have known if

you told him/her the truth....an advisory opinion would be a waste

of time and money, because it is what it is he EWI twice, and your

lawyer,or a Congress-person/Senator cannot help.to reverse the DOS

decision, it stands.

Have you thought of moving to Tijuana & obtaining a job in San Diego

U could work US funds and live with your husband in Mexico, crossing the

border twice a day in itself can be tiresome....the next site will also tell

Uno relief until about 15 yts when you can file for a waiver after another

interview and DOS (Embassy) approves you to file waivers

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So sorry for the news this must be a really difficult time for you two. I know you have an attorney already, but i think you should get a second opinion. Also go over to the immigrate2us.net page it has tons of information on waivers and bans. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I have talked to a lawyer about this cause he" thought" my boyfriend overstayed his last visa. Anyways the only way around that is you Have to go to his country and marry him. Then come back to the USA and petition for him here. You MUST prove extreme hardship without him here. Depression, maybe he is the breadwinner of the family you may have to see a doctor to claim depression for him not being here, etc...

Anyways the only way around that is you Have to go to his country and marry him. Then come back to the USA and petition for him here.

You cannot apply for a waiver of a 9C bar until ten years have passed from the most recent departure from the US. In this case the OP's fiancé will not be able to apply for the waiver until 2020.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not to be offensive but if you knew this why would you even try, does it not seem pointless? Couldn't you see that they would say no if you're banned from entering. Go to him, that would be your best choice I believe love

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes but his last entry hasn't been since 2005 and left 2010 so we can try to do things right and for him to be a better person and be able to have his family with me and our daughter.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. It must be so tough. The website and forums at http://www.immigrate2us.net/ have cases similar to yours and you might find some support there.

I gave similar advice to someone who was going through something similar and moved to Brazil to be with her husband because he was barred from entering for 10 years for the same reason: If going to Mexico and living there for a while is not an option, you can try immigrating to Canada if you or your fiance went to college or trade school and can show that you're skilled workers. (Visit the official Canadian government site for more info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp)

Good luck! I hope everything works out for the best!

Edited by skysofialila

NOA1 received: July 30, 2013

Transferred: Jan 22, 2014 (time from NOA1 to Transfer: 5 months 3 weeks 2 days)

Touched: Jan 24, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Alien reg. # changed: Jan 27, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Filed for expedite: Feb 5, 2014

s-event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the denial. I know how you both want to be reunited here and sucks to wait for 10 years.

I second the suggestions from other members to consider moving to Mexico until the ban is over.

Or Canada? That way you are closer to home?

What did your attorney suggest you do now after the denial? Just curious.

Good luck to you both.

Blooms

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would save your money, call off the lawyer, and move on to someone that can be in the same country as you, and work, etc. I know the heart wants what the heart wants, but you have to be logical about it too. If you can't even have this guy in the country, and I assume you wouldn't move to Mexico, what's the point? Have a good cry for a couple of weeks and find yourself an American, although harsh, is my unsolicited advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The point of moving would be so that they could be together.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.