Ali Aziz

engaged while was married to USC wife

54 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Two points about this

1) His new relationship may very well be the bonafide one. If they strictly follow the law, he may be approved for the visa, just based on that.

2) Getting engaged while still legally married to someone else will not likely cause a problem in itself, as long as the relationship is real.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Shame on u seriously! People like u have made all Pakistanis look so bad and we stay apart from our spouses for so long just because of u fraud people! Ur post made me so angry! And then u have the guts to actually ask this on a public forum thinking that people would actually give u advice on how to do this? U shameless man!

Case filed- 3rd June 2013

NOA1- 6-6-2013

Case transferred to NBC- 12-18-2013

NOA2 finally- 4-23-2014

NVC received- 5-7-2014

Case number- 5-31-2014

DS-261- June 10th!

AOS sent- 3rd july

AOS scanned- 11th July

IV paid- 14th July

DS260 submitted- 17th July

IV sent: 19th July

IV scanned: 24th July

Checklist for AOS: Email received 3rd sept :cry:

Response sent: 7th sept

Checklist scanned: 11th sept

IV approved: 17 sept :dancing:

CASE COMPLETE: 4th nov 2014!!! (AT LAST)

Interview: Dec 8th :dance: :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

There is a 5 year rule. Did you look it up?

What 5 year rule are you speaking of? The OP already obtained his US citizenship based on marriage.

Yet another another reason the government needs to do away with the k-1 visa

All visas are open to fraud. Not everyone that applies for one of them plans to/commits fraud. Someone can marry just for a visa. I am sure you would agree that happens all the time. So, why not do away with the CR-1? This OP could have just as easily asked about going to marry the new fiancee and file for a spousal visa(he did also mention an I-130). I am sure if that had been the case, you would not have posted that the government needs to do away with CR-1 visas. Possibly because that is the route you used?

To the OP > You can go right ahead and file an I-129F petition for your fiancee. You can even go ahead and marry her and file the I-130 to start the ball rolling for a spousal visa. However, good luck getting either one approved. What you are asking about is a known fraudulent practice that the consulates watch out for. You marry a USC and gain US citizenship through that marriage, then divorce and file a petition for your 'new love' that happens to be from your original home country too.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'd say buy a one-way ticket back because you're probably going to hit a few bumps in the road.

Agreed.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Shame on u seriously! People like u have made all Pakistanis look so bad and we stay apart from our spouses for so long just because of u fraud people! Ur post made me so angry! And then u have the guts to actually ask this on a public forum thinking that people would actually give u advice on how to do this? U shameless man!

I've seen quite a few posts like yours in this thread. Not necessarily true though. I think perhaps what plays a bigger part in the difficulty of getting visas out of this country might just have a tad to do with terrorism.

Bin Laden for one, was found there. In addition, Khalid Sheikyh Mohammed, Ramzi bib al Shibh, Abu Zubaydah, Abu Laith al Libi and Sheikh Said Masri have all been captured or killed inside Pakistan. Seems to me anyone coming from these parts of the world are going to be open to extra scrutiny. al Qaeda has a tendency to make the USA a little on the jumpy side.

People, genuine ones, trying to get visas might have more to thank that group, and ones similar, for some of the issues they face. THAT is the yardstick the judging goes by, that is more than likely the reason for extended AP. Such as the following:

From the US Department of State, travel warning for Pakistan.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_6064.html

Aside from that, the OP is going to have a major problem convincing anyone here, or at her interview, that his case is genuine. He'd do better to return home, once divorced, and marry his 'fiancee' there.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Allowing for cultural differences, remember he is allowed to have up to four wives in his country so being engaged and married at the same time, MIGHT, not be a thing he gave a second thought.

What bothers me is the: I just got my citizenship and now I want to divorce my wife and apply for my girlfriend to come to the US.

It does sound like premeditated fraud. Only he knows what his true intentions were.

Advice, wait a while before filing for your new woman because if we all think you are trying to scam the system you can bet USCIS will think the same thing.

Yet another another reason the government needs to do away with the k-1 visa

This is the most thoughtless comment I have ever read on VJ.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.