ryandsun

Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, Sponsor Question

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

About us: K-1 fiance visa for fiance in China, already received NOA2 for approval, NVC has shipped materials to embassy in China, currently waiting on package 3.

Question: I very recently got a job and meet the income requirements for the I-134 and have 2 pay stubs and letter from employer to prove it, however, I'm being paranoid about not being approved so I'm having my dad be a co-sponsor just to make sure (and give me some peace of mind). Is this a good idea?

Also, does he need to attach forms proving his income, savings, stocks/bonds, personal property, life insurance, and real estate value? He's already prepared copies of last year's W-2 to prove income, copy of bank statement for savings, and a copy of the financial statement for his stocks. Is this necessary? And what types of documents/forms are necessary for proving personal property and real estate? Is all this necessary? Please help!!!!!

THANKS!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I'm not familiar with China. I was worried that because in 2012 and all years before, I hadn't met the income requirement, they would accept my I-134 for 2013, even though I was currently meeting the requirements. I had a letter from my employer, paystubs (6+ months), a bank letter, and a letter from my supervisor. I was going to get a co-sponsor because I was worried that my 2012 income wouldn't suffice. I ended up submitting the I-134 by myself and I took documents for a co-sponsor to the interview with me just in case they said we didn't qualify. I'm glad I did that route because we qualified. It's based on the income you make NOW and the evidence you submit to show that. Some countries don't allow co-sponsors either. If you're in the clear, I'd send her to the interview with the co-sponsorship documents instead of submitting them both all at once. Whatever you're doing for those documents, give them as much support as possible. Better to be too thorough than not thorough enough. For personal property, he can have some evaluate/appraise the market value of his home less his debt, I believe.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you have enough income to meet the requirement, then no assets need to be used or listed. You can both leave those questions on the I-134 blank, and do not have to provide documentation for them.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.