Thane

G-325A and Tabien Baan

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Another address question, I promise that this will be the last :)

We are currently filling out the G-325A, and unfortunately she does not remember the exact addresses of a few of the places that she has lived over the past 5 years. We know the general area, and we were able to locate everything through google maps, but with our luck there wasn't actually an address in google maps, either. While we can definitely take a trip up through Bangkok and up to Chiang Mai, we wanted to see if it was okay to use the Tabien Baan since that is the official residency registration in Thailand.

The concern that I had was mainly due to the discrepancy that would arise as the previous jobs and their addresses are listed as well, and she is registered in a Tabien Baan that is nowhere near any of the jobs that she has worked over the past 5 years. We will try to hunt down the past addresses, but just in case we wanted to see if anyone had issues with using the Tabien Baan in the past.

Many thanks as always!

-Jan 24th, 2014 sent in I-129F

-Jan 31ist, 2014 received NOA1 via text/email. Arrived at CSC

-Feb 4th, 2014 received Alien registration number.

-Feb 24th, 2014 received NOA2

-Mar 12, 2014 Arrived at Embassy

-Mar 20, 2014 Packet 3 sent to Embassy

-Mar 28, 2014 Received packet 3 instructions in mail

-Mar 25, 2014 Interview date set

-Apr 4, 2014 Interview.. approved :dancing:

-May 21, 2014 - PoE LV NV

-May 30, 2014 - Married

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I used the house book address as her permanent address, and use the city and province for each of her jobs. Not sure if that answers your question.

Slowlyman is correct. I did exactly as he indicates here with no problems.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Another address question, I promise that this will be the last smile.png

We are currently filling out the G-325A, and unfortunately she does not remember the exact addresses of a few of the places that she has lived over the past 5 years. We know the general area, and we were able to locate everything through google maps, but with our luck there wasn't actually an address in google maps, either. While we can definitely take a trip up through Bangkok and up to Chiang Mai, we wanted to see if it was okay to use the Tabien Baan since that is the official residency registration in Thailand.

The concern that I had was mainly due to the discrepancy that would arise as the previous jobs and their addresses are listed as well, and she is registered in a Tabien Baan that is nowhere near any of the jobs that she has worked over the past 5 years. We will try to hunt down the past addresses, but just in case we wanted to see if anyone had issues with using the Tabien Baan in the past.

Many thanks as always!

Like everyone else said, she'll be fine. The Tabien Baan is your permanent house registration book or "blue book." If you move to another province and get an apartment or whatever, your house registration doesn't change. The thing that sucks about that setup is if you ever lose your ID card or need to change your ID card for any reason, you have to go to the Amphur where your registered. This can mean a 400 mile trip just to get a new ID card.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.