TEX_715

CEAC site reads Issued, but Embassy called and wants document

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We got a call yesterday morning requesting us to provide another original police clearance. When I went to check the CEAC website to see if we are back in the dreaded AP it read issued. Confusing.

Timeline

They want a police clearance from Burma, they had us mail in her passport so they already have it, I assumed we were to mail it to IV unit.

Burma has no centralized computerized way to get police clearance. They basically come on scraps of paper from the home township.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

They want a police clearance from Burma, they had us mail in her passport so they already have it, I assumed we were to mail it to IV unit.

Burma has no centralized computerized way to get police clearance. They basically come on scraps of paper from the home township.

I suggested to you once before that the problem was centered in Myanmar which is why the case was put into A P. That's still the case but since someone finally identified the actual problem they were able to take the next step of requesting the police cert.

She can mail it or hand carry it. However it arrives they will place the visa in the passport in about 3 days.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Our flight is scheduled for the 25th of march, so I have time to enjoy the heat for a bit!

Odd questions and rude attitude at time of interview pertaining to Beneficiaries father, people she never met, and places she never went, even though she was not the last to arrive she was interviewed last. All documents submitted and correct but 221g given with no explanation on DEC 17th. So rather than risk not seeing each other I bought a ticket to Thailand which I didn't want to budget this year and had to extend Beneficiaries Thai visa (about 19,000 baht) On about JAN 2nd I received an answer to email from IV unit stating they did not want the Tabien Bann from Burma and no additional documents were required. On the 8th they called and asked us to send in the Beneficiaries passport, On the 9th they called and said they wanted a new Burmese police clearance, On the 10th they Issued the visa but would not send it. We paid the bribes to the village headman and the police to get a new police clearance. Meanwhile the time for the Beneficiary to go to Thai Immigration for 90 day check in was coming up, after several emails they reluctantly allowed us to come to pick up her passport but said they would have to take out her visa. The new police clearance arrived just before we went to the embassy, so we brought it with. When inside they said they didn't need it and just gave her everything. I just feel rather jerked around.

Edited by TEX_715

Timeline

Hey, here is an idea, you come back now I'll stay over there till March. Deal? whistling.gif

Ya, sounds like you had a rough time, but seems to be resolved now. Soon you'll be dealing with getting her adjusted to life here, and dealing with the AOS.

You may want to post your Consulate thoughts in the review section. Might help someone down the road.

Timeline

Yeah AOS, a new fun thing for me to research! And you are correct it is over now we have visa in hand so I feel I will let it go, maybe a junior officer just had trouble with his first non-thai application or something.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.