cobra661266

I had enough with the petitioner, i want to cancel the petition (merged)

59 posts in this topic

You sure he really makes so much more money now. Could he by lying? Could he be embarrased that he still does not make above the poverty line? I thinks there is something wrong here and it's on his end. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me.

Edited by David & Zoila

You sure he really makes so much more money now. Could he by lying? Could he be embarrased that he still does not make above the poverty line? I thinks there is something wrong here and it's on his end. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me.

If he started a new job partway through 2012, that would explain the low income. My husband's tax return for 2012 probably shows something like $16k or less because he started work in July that year.

OP hasn't replied in a while so I assume she is collecting her thoughts. I think she needs to calm down and speak candidly with her fiancé about his behaviour before making a final decision.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

If he started a new job partway through 2012, that would explain the low income. My husband's tax return for 2012 probably shows something like $16k or less because he started work in July that year.

OP hasn't replied in a while so I assume she is collecting her thoughts. I think she needs to calm down and speak candidly with her fiancé about his behaviour before making a final decision.

Yeah...his behavior, or lack thereof... I have a feeling there is WAY more to this story than we are being told. I mean I stayed up night and day filling out forms, FedExing envelopes, calling my spouse constantly making sure she gor everything she needed on her end. We got it done, TOGETHER. There is something wrong woith this guy. What it is I cannot say but somethings fishy...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nobody here can tell you whether to marry the petitioner or not. That is a personal decision for you. You may want to consult with a relationship counselor to help you see things clearly, keeping in mind that whatever decision you make is one you will have to live with for a long time, maybe even for the rest of your life.

If you are clear about going through with this and are confidence his 2013 taxes will show enough income, wait for them to be done. You are very close to being able to get them, as his employer must give him his W-2 on or before Jan 31, and there is no reason he cannot then do his taxes in a few days after that. If necessary you can call the consulate and ask for a later interview date (be sure to ask for an extention of the 4 months if it will push you over your I-797 expiration date). Just tell them your papers are not ready and you need more time.

Goodl luck to you, and I hope everything works out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we have been together for almost 1 year six months..... Ive been to us for a year when i met him and he visited me twice here..... I gave up everything for him, i didn't work my profession just to spend time and talk to him everyday cause of our time difference..... I told him to cancel it, but he wouldn't..... He told me he will work for it but I had enough of him.

question:

is tax return really that important? or pay list for the year that states how much he earn will suffice?

Often paystubs that come with checks show total earnings to date. So if you used the last paystub and added a signed letter from the company, which most companies are ok with--I would think that would suffice.

But when someone puts off, and puts off...and puts off... that's quite a red flag.

Yeah...his behavior, or lack thereof... I have a feeling there is WAY more to this story than we are being told. I mean I stayed up night and day filling out forms, FedExing envelopes, calling my spouse constantly making sure she gor everything she needed on her end. We got it done, TOGETHER. There is something wrong woith this guy. What it is I cannot say but somethings fishy...

This, this, 1000 times this. good.gif

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

you can go on with the interview but in the end you will be given a 221g ..u can submit the documents needed after the interview, you will be given 1 year to comply for it:)

^^^. This !!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Stop writing misleading subjects on posts! I hate when people do this just to get attention for their thread. This should be against the forums rules....

Ken and Rosela's Journey

08/24/2011 - Rosela and I met online and began talking

03/04/2012 - I traveled to Peru to meet Rosela in person for the first time

08/15/2012- I traveled to Peru to visit Rosela

03/08/2012 - I traveled to Peru with my sister to visit Rosela and for my sister to meet her

05/12/2013 - I traveled to Peru to visit Rosela and ask her to marry me.

05/16/2013 - I asked Rosela to to marry me at LLanganuco Lake at 12,500 ft!

08/19/2013 - I-129F Package Sent to Lockbox!

08/27/2013 - NOA1 electronic notification received!

08/31/2013 - NOA1 hard copy received!

10/29/2013 - I-129F Approved, NOA2 Hardcopy Sent!

11/26/2013 - NVC received our case!

12/02/2013 - NVC forwarded our case to the embassy in Lima, Peru via DHL!

12/05/2013 - DHL delivered our case to the embassy in Lima!

12/10/2013 - Case reads "Ready" on the CEAC website!

12/12/2013 - Contacted the embassy via email and received our interview date for January 6, 2014!

01/06/2014 - Interview and approval! heart.gifgoofy.gif

01/11/2014 - Visa received in hand! Purchased plane tickets!

02/13/2014 - POE in Atlanta with connection to Minneapolis, MN!

03/08/2014 - Got married!

03/21/2014 - Submitted AOS package!

03/28/2014 - Received AOS NOA!

06/30/2014 - Received potential interview waiver letter with delay of up to 6 months (maybe more) :(

Current date - Still Waiting... this is taking so long!? :cry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Stop writing misleading subjects on posts! I hate when people do this just to get attention for their thread. This should be against the forums rules....

I agree. This is not really about canceling the petition. It is more of a complaint about their fiance and wanting to know what evidence is needed for the I-134. Otherwise it would have been answered easily a few pages back to simply state how to cancel the petition, which the USC petitioner has to do.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Before you cancel anything..Sit down with your fiance and try to figure out where his head is at.

If he is not willing to go the extra mile in completing the process or of thinking of developing himself,

Then you know should make a decision to stay with him or let him go and find someone who will make you their world..who would not want you to be stressed or frustrated...

You will end up being the breadwinner, Take care lady.

Ah.. my fiance is the same. He does not like paperwork at all. I have to keep telling him what to do and what to send me. He still ends up FedEx all the document to me so that I can go over it and tell him what is missing. He missed out his I-134 after all that reminder I gave him. He does make an effort in mailing the I-134 to me again so that I can get it in time for the interview.

If he really wants to marry you, he will do it no matter what the uphill battle is.

Best of luck with your remaining paperwork for the interview, whatever choices you made. Only you know what is best for you.

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Ah.. my fiance is the same. He does not like paperwork at all. I have to keep telling him what to do and what to send me. He still ends up FedEx all the document to me so that I can go over it and tell him what is missing. He missed out his I-134 after all that reminder I gave him. He does make an effort in mailing the I-134 to me again so that I can get it in time for the interview.

If he really wants to marry you, he will do it no matter what the uphill battle is.

Best of luck with your remaining paperwork for the interview, whatever choices you made. Only you know what is best for you.

I hate paperwork too but I LOVE my wife and I completed everything as soon as it was permitted to do so...

Somethings wrong with this guy, that's all I have to say.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.