Karee

Thai Govt. Issuing Savings Bonds at 3.85% per Annum

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Not bad actually. Never get that rate in the U.S.

Ministry of Finance Savings Bonds B.E. 2557 # 1

Invest confidently in Ministry of Finance Savings Bonds B.E. 2557 # 1

Bangkok Bank has been appointed by the Finance Ministry as a selling agent of Ministry of Finance Saving Bonds B.E. 2557 # 1 – the bonds will be available from 2 December 2013 – 31 March 2014 on working days at Bangkok Bank branches nationwide or at Bangkok Bank ATMs (24 hrs).

This series of bonds are scripless and investors must register before making a subscription at Bangkok Bank branches nationwide.

Investors who have already registered when buying Ministry of Finance Special Saving Bonds B.E. 2555 Ministry of Finance Saving Bonds B.E. 2556 # 1 or Ministry of Finance Saving Bonds B.E. 2556 # 2 with Bangkok Bank, the existing registration number can be used.
Ministry of Finance Savings Bonds Issuer: The Finance Ministry Title:

Ministry of Finance Savings Bonds B.E. 2557 # 1

Tenor:

3 years – Scripless

Total Issued Size:

No more than Baht 4 billion

Maturity Date:
2 December 2016
Coupon Rate:

3.85% p.a.

Interest Payments:
  • Twice a year on 2 June and 2 December
  • Interest will be paid in equal amounts for each installment until the bond reaches maturity.
  • The interest will be calculated from the bond value by using the one year equals 365 days method calculated from the actual date.
  • Amounts of less than Baht 0.01 will not be paid.
  • If the interest payment date falls on a Bank of Thailand holiday, the interest will be paid on the next working day without additional interest calculation unless the last interest payment.
Subscription Dates and Subscription Price:

2 December 2013 – 31 March 2014
Minimum limited at Baht 1,000 (1 unit), Maximum limited at Baht 2,000,000 (2,000 units)
No limit for the number of subscriptions per person. However, total subscriptions for each person must not exceed Baht 2 million per bank.

Subscription Price:

Baht 1,000 per unit, with increases in multiples of Baht 1,000

Distribution Channels:

Bangkok Bank branch counters
Subscriptions are available at Bangkok Bank branches (excluding micro branches) from 2 December 2013 – 31 March 2014, 8:30 am - 3:00 pm on working days.

Bangkok Bank ATMs
Subscriptions are available at Bangkok Bank ATMs from 8:30 am, 2 December 2013, until 3:00 pm, 31 March 2014.

Date on Savings Bonds
(Interest Rate Calculation Date):

Subscribing at a Bangkok Bank branch counter

• Paying by cash or funds transfer: Interest will be calculated from the subscription date. For subscriptions made after 3:00 pm on working days, weekends, or bank holidays, interest will be calculated from the next business day.
  • Paying by cheque: If the payment is made no later than the branch’s cheque clearing schedule, interest will be calculated from the next business day following the subscription date.

Subscribing at a Bangkok Bank ATM
Interest will be calculated from the subscription date. For subscriptions made after 3:00 pm on working days or subscriptions made on weekends or bank holidays, interest will be calculated from the next business day. The maximum amount of the subscription via an ATM must not exceed the account balance and must not exceed the maximum limit set by the Ministry of Finance.

Registration and Securities Depository:

Before subscribing for the scripless saving bonds, subscribers must register to deposit bonds at Bangkok Bank branches. The bank will deposit customers’ bonds in the bank’s securities depository account for customers at Thailand Securities Depository Co., Ltd. The name of the registered person must be similar to the name of the owner of the deposit account set to receive interest and principal.

If subscribers want to subscribe for bonds via an ATM, they must first register their bond holder number and savings account number linked to their Bualuang ATM card or Be1st Debit card.

If subscribers apply for a new Be1st Debit card to subscribe for the scripless bonds, the bank will waive the entrance fee and first year annual fee.*

*Conditions

• The bank will waive the entrance fee and first annual fee for the first Be1st Debit card, applied for subscribing scripless bonds.
  • If customers obtain a Be1st Debit card, but do not subscribe for the bonds via an ATM within one year after applying for a Be1st Debit card, the bank has the right to collect the previously waived entrance fee and first annual fee from the account linked to the card.
Method of Allotment: Bonds will be allotted on a first come, first served basis for persons submitting a "Subscription Form" at bank branches or subscribing via an ATM and completing payment. Eligible Entities: Individuals with Thai nationality or residency in Thailand, the Thai Red Cross Society, foundations, associations, cooperatives, temples, government educational institutions, government hospitals, and non-profit juristic persons Non-eligible Entities: Banks, finance companies, securities companies, credit foncier companies, asset management companies, insurance companies, the Government Pension Fund, Provident funds, private funds under management of financial institutions, mutual funds, group of persons, corporations, the Social Security Fund, state enterprises, companies, partnerships, profit seeking juristic entities, condominium juristic entities, housing estate juristic entities, private hospitals, and private educational institutions

Individuals with Thai nationality or residency in Thailand

Bummer. Looks like they don't want any foreigners involved. Have to buy them through the wife. Hopefully she wont leave me for some motorbike taxi driver.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Bummer. Looks like they don't want any foreigners involved. Have to buy them through the wife. Hopefully she wont leave me for some motorbike taxi driver.

5555. Do you have a lot of motorbike taxi drivers in TX? If not then I do not think you got much to worry about. I am curious if you have to be in Thailand to do this.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Timeline

5555. Do you have a lot of motorbike taxi drivers in TX? If not then I do not think you got much to worry about. I am curious if you have to be in Thailand to do this.

I'm not sticking around here too many more years. 3 max.

ETA: I don't know if you have to be in Thailand. I'll find out in April when I go.

Edited by Karee

Timeline

Hey Karee, do you have this info in Thai. I would like to pitch this to the wife.

พันธบัตรออมทรัพย์ของกระทรวงการคลัง ในปีงบประมาณ พ.ศ. 2557 ครั้งที่ 1

ลงทุนอย่างมั่นใจกับพันธบัตรออมทรัพย์ของกระทรวงการคลัง ในปีงบประมาณ พ.ศ. 2557 ครั้งที่ 1

ธนาคาร กรุงเทพได้รับคัดเลือกจากกระทรวงการคลังให้ร่วมเป็นผู้จัดจำหน่ายพันธบัตร ออมทรัพย์ของกระทรวงการคลัง ในปีงบประมาณ พ.ศ. 2557 ครั้งที่ 1 โดยเปิดจำหน่ายตั้งแต่วันที่ 2 ธันวาคม 2556 – 31 มีนาคม 2557 ในวันทำการที่ธนาคารกรุงเทพทุกสาขา และที่เครื่อง ATM (24 ชั่วโมง)

เนื่อง จากพันธบัตรออมทรัพย์รุ่นนี้เป็นแบบไร้ใบตราสาร (Scripless) ผู้ซื้อจะต้องลงทะเบียนก่อนการซื้อ ซึ่งธนาคารกรุงเทพเปิดให้ผู้สนใจลงทะเบียนได้ทุกวันทำการที่ธนาคารกรุงเทพ ทุกสาขา สำหรับลูกค้าที่เคยลงทะเบียนเพื่อซื้อพันธบัตรออมทรัพย์พิเศษของกระทรวงการ คลัง ในปีงบประมาณ 2555 พันธบัตรออมทรัพย์ของกระทรวงการคลัง ในปีงบประมาณ พ.ศ. 2556 ครั้งที่ 1 และครั้งที่ 2 กับธนาคารกรุงเทพไว้แล้วไม่ต้อง

ลงทะเบียนใหม่ สามารถใช้เลขทะเบียนเดิมซื้อพันธบัตรรุ่นนี้ได้

สรุปสาระสำคัญ ผู้ออกพันธบัตร: กระทรวงการคลัง ชื่อรุ่นพันธบัตร:

พันธบัตรออมทรัพย์ของกระทรวงการคลัง ในปีงบประมาณ พ.ศ. 2557 ครั้งที่ 1

อายุ:

3 ปี – เป็นแบบไร้ใบตราสาร (Scripless)

วงเงินรวมที่เสนอขาย:

ไม่เกิน 4,000 ล้านบาท

วันครบกำหนดไถ่ถอน:
2 ธันวาคม 2559

อัตราผลตอบแทนที่

ผู้ลงทุนได้รับ:

ร้อยละ 3.85 ต่อปี

การจ่ายดอกเบี้ย: ปีละ 2 งวด คือในวันที่ 2 มิถุนายน และ 2 ธันวาคม ของทุกปี จนกว่า

พันธบัตรจะครบกำหนด การคำนวณดอกเบี้ยคำนวณจากมูลค่าของพันธบัตร

โดยใช้หลักเกณฑ์หนึ่งปีมี 365 วัน และนับตามจำนวนวันที่เกิดขึ้นจริง เศษของ

หนึ่งสตางค์ให้ปัดทิ้ง หากวันครบกำหนดจ่ายดอกเบี้ยตรงกับวันหยุดธนาคาร

แห่งประเทศไทยให้เลื่อนจ่ายในวันทำการถัดไปโดยไม่คำนวณดอกเบี้ยเพิ่มให้

เว้นแต่ดอกเบี้ยงวดสุดท้ายจะคำนวณดอกเบี้ยเพิ่มตามจำนวนวันที่เลื่อนออกไป วันที่จำหน่าย และ

วงเงินซื้อขั้นต่ำ-ขั้นสูง:

2 ธันวาคม 2556 – 31 มีนาคม 2557

วงเงินซื้อขั้นต่ำ 1,000 บาท (1 หน่วย) - วงเงินซื้อขั้นสูง 2,000,000 บาท

(2,000 หน่วย) ไม่จำกัดจำนวนครั้งที่เข้าซื้อต่อราย แต่วงเงินรวมที่ซื้อไม่เกิน

รายละ 2,000,000 บาท ต่อ 1 ธนาคารตัวแทนจำหน่าย

ราคาจำหน่าย:

ราคาหน่วยละ 1,000 บาท และทวีคูณของ 1,000 บาท

วิธีการจัดจำหน่าย:

กรณีซื้อผ่านเคาน์เตอร์

สาขาธนาคารกรุงเทพ ระหว่างวันที่ 2 ธันวาคม 2556 – 31 มีนาคม 2557 เริ่ม

8.30 น. ถึง 15.00 น. ของวันทำการ

กรณีซื้อผ่านเครื่อง ATM

เริ่ม 8.30 น. ของวันที่ 2 ธันวาคม 2556 ถึง 15.00 น. ของวันที่ 31 มีนาคม

วันที่ลงในพันธบัตร

(วันที่เริ่มคิดดอกเบี้ย):

กรณีซื้อผ่านเคาน์เตอร์

• กรณีชำระเงินด้วยเงินสดหรือหักบัญชีเงินฝาก เริ่มคิดดอกเบี้ย ณ วันที่ซื้อพันธบัตร ยกเว้นกรณีที่ชำระหลังเวลา 15.00 น. ของวันทำการหรือซื้อในวันเสาร์-อาทิตย์ หรือวันหยุดทำการของธนาคาร ดอกเบี้ยจะเริ่มนับในวันทำการถัดไป
  • กรณีชำระด้วยเช็ค หากชำระไม่เกินเวลาปิดเคลียริ่งเช็คของแต่ละสาขา ดอกเบี้ยจะเริ่มนับในวันทำการถัดไป

กรณีซื้อผ่านเครื่อง ATM

เริ่มคิดดอกเบี้ยตั้งแต่วันที่ทำธุรกรรม ยกเว้นกรณีซื้อหลังเวลา 15.00 น. ของ

วันทำการ หรือซื้อในวันเสาร์-อาทิตย์ หรือวันหยุดทำการของธนาคาร ดอกเบี้ย

จะเริ่มนับตั้งแต่วันทำการถัดไป ทั้งนี้ วงเงินซื้อสูงสุดผ่านเครื่อง ATM จะต้อง

ไม่เกินยอดเงินคงเหลือในบัญชีเงินฝากและไม่เกินวงเงินซื้อขั้นสูงที่กระทรวง

การคลังกำหนด

การลงทะเบียนและ

ฝากหลักทรัพย์:

ผู้ซื้อพันธบัตรออมทรัพย์แบบไร้ใบตราสาร (Scripless) รายใหม่ที่ไม่เคย

ลงทะเบียนมาก่อนการซื้อพันธบัตรออมทรัพย์รุ่นนี้ ผู้จองซื้อจะสามารถลง

ทะเบียนได้ทุกวันทำการที่ธนาคารกรุงเทพทุกสาขา เพื่อฝากพันธบัตรไว้กับ

ธนาคารกรุงเทพ โดยธนาคารกรุงเทพจะนำฝากพันธบัตรของผู้ถือกรรมสิทธิ์

ภายใต้บัญชีฝากหลักทรัพย์ของธนาคารเพื่อลูกค้า ที่บริษัทศูนย์รับฝากหลักทรัพย์

(ประเทศไทย) จำกัด ทั้งนี้ ชื่อเจ้าของหลักทรัพย์ที่ลงทะเบียนจะต้องตรงกัน

กับชื่อเจ้าของบัญชีเงินฝากเพื่อรับโอนดอกเบี้ยและต้นเงิน

กรณีผู้ซื้อประสงค์ซื้อพันธบัตรผ่านเครื่อง ATM ผู้ซื้อจะต้องทำการลงทะเบียน

เพื่อขอมีเลขที่ผู้ถือพันธบัตรพร้อมทั้งระบุเลขที่บัญชีเงินฝากที่ใช้บริการผ่าน

บัตร ATM/บัตรเดบิต บีเฟิสต์

หากผู้จองซื้อทำบัตรเดบิต บีเฟิสต์ใหม่ เพื่อซื้อพันธบัตรแบบไร้ใบตราสาร

(Scripless) ธนาคารกรุงเทพจะยกเว้นค่าธรรมเนียมแรกเข้าและค่าธรรมเนียม

รายปีปีแรกให้กับผู้จองซื้อ*

*เงื่อนไข

• ธนาคารกรุงเทพยกเว้นค่าธรรมเนียมแรกเข้าและค่าธรรมเนียมรายปีปีแรก ของบัตรเดบิต บีเฟิสต์ เพื่อใช้ซื้อพันธบัตรแบบไร้ใบตราสาร (Scripless) เพียงใบแรกใบเดียวเท่านั้น
  • กรณีผู้ซื้อไม่มีการทำรายการซื้อพันธบัตรผ่านเครื่อง ATM โดยใช้บัตร

เด บิต บีเฟิสต์ ที่ได้รับการยกเว้นค่าธรรมเนียมแรกเข้าและค่าธรรมเนียมรายปีปีแรก ภายในระยะเวลา 1 ปี นับจากวันที่ขอออกบัตรเดบิต บีเฟิสต์ ธนาคารกรุงเทพจะเรียกเก็บค่าธรรมเนียมแรกเข้าและค่าธรรมเนียมรายปีปีแรก

ย้อนหลังโดยหักเงินจากบัญชีเงินฝากที่ระบุไว้ในบัตรดังกล่าว

วิธีการจัดสรร: ผู้จองซื้อที่มี "คำเสนอขอซื้อพันธบัตร" ณ สาขาธนาคารกรุงเทพ หรือทำ

รายการซื้อผ่านเครื่อง ATM และชำระเงินสมบูรณ์ก่อน จะได้รับการจัดสรรก่อน ผู้มีสิทธิ์ซื้อ: บุคคลธรรมดาที่ถือสัญชาติไทย หรือมีถิ่นที่อยู่ในประเทศไทย สภากาชาดไทย

มูลนิธิ สมาคม สหกรณ์ วัด สถานศึกษาของรัฐ โรงพยาบาลของรัฐ นิติบุคคล

อื่นใดที่ไม่มีวัตถุประสงค์ในการแสวงทางกำไร ผู้ไม่มีสิทธิ์ซื้อ: ธนาคาร บริษัทเงินทุน บริษัทหลักทรัพย์ บริษัทเครดิตฟองซิเอร์ บริษัท

หลักทรัพย์จัดการกองทุน บริษัทประกัน กองทุนบำเหน็จบำนาญข้าราชการ

กองทุนสำรองเลี้ยงชีพ กองทุนส่วนบุคคลที่บริหารโดยสถาบันการเงิน

กองทุนรวม คณะบุคคล บรรษัท สำนักงานประกันสังคม รัฐวิสาหกิจ บริษัท

ห้างร้าน หน่วยงานธุรกิจ นิติบุคคลที่แสวงหากำไร นิติบุคคลอาคารชุด

นิติบุคคลหมู่บ้านจัดสรร โรงพยาบาลเอกชน และสถานศึกษาเอกชน

Source:

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBankThai/PersonalBanking/BuildYourWealth/InvestmentsAndDeposits/Bonds/Pages/Bonds2557.aspx

Timeline

Thanks, is that an actual Thai version, or did you run it through a translation program?

That's the actual Thai version. I linked to it at the bottom of the post.

I'm not sticking around here too many more years. 3 max.

ETA: I don't know if you have to be in Thailand. I'll find out in April when I go.

I think that expires 03-31-2014 from reading it. Not sure when you are going since you said April.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Timeline

I think that expires 03-31-2014 from reading it. Not sure when you are going since you said April.

Funny you mention that. I noticed that a few hours ago. I sent my niece the info in Thai. I'll see if I can get her to buy them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.