Britingermany

How long now

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So we had NAO2 back in the start of december.. so I had my medical just before xmas on the say so of the lawyer handling the case.

For some reason, Xmas?, it took a while for the NVC to give the lawyer notification to complete DS260.

I've done all my police checks, these are being sent over so all being well everything should be posted off next week.

How long does it take from when we submit DS260? I think its a new form so seems little information online. I asked the lawyer and they said depends..

Also as I'm submitting all my police checks now does that mean I don't have to take them to the interview. The interview will be Frankfurt.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

K-1 applicants fill out the DS-160, not the D-260. Checklist for Frankfurt > http://photos.state.gov/libraries/frankfurt/9318/consular_pdf/Instructions%20for%20Fiancee%20Visa%20Applicants.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

So we had NAO2 back in the start of december.. so I had my medical just before xmas on the say so of the lawyer handling the case.

For some reason, Xmas?, it took a while for the NVC to give the lawyer notification to complete DS260.

I've done all my police checks, these are being sent over so all being well everything should be posted off next week.

How long does it take from when we submit DS260? I think its a new form so seems little information online. I asked the lawyer and they said depends..

Also as I'm submitting all my police checks now does that mean I don't have to take them to the interview. The interview will be Frankfurt.

I don't know about US embassy in Frankfurt but mostly they will asked K-1 applicants to fill out DS-160 form. It also stated on NVC letter to petitioner that beneficiary fill out DS-160 form. Maybe some folks from Germany can chime in about DS-260 submission for K-1 visa.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

I'm not doing any of it.. the lawyer does all the form filling.. I just post over info when they ask.

I'll double check they DS260... hopefully just a typing error...

Timeline

So I just spoke with the lawyer..

They were filling out the DS 260 when it shoud have been a DS 160.. they say they shouldnt have been able to open it...

So now I do the DS 160

$2500 I have paid to get the lawyer to do this..

DS 160 is for K1 while other visa like CR1 which is immigrant by nature will be filling up DS260, that's what I thought and read about. Not sure about your consulate. They should have instruction. Maybe you should wait for instruction?

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Timeline

yeah supposedly the NVC are processing so we keep with DS260.. I've just done DS160 and saved it so that can be sent any moment..

My contract finishes here in 6 weeks so want it finished asap....

Timeline

Basically I've been told we are waiting further instructions.. and will submit form DS 260 then send all my police checks in shortly, to the NVC..

Do I get them back to take to the embassy?

I should trust the lawyers but they've made a few errors, we were told I could not visit during the process.. we also got an RFE for missing out a basic statement from me saying I intended to marry her.. we also didnt submit until my divorce was finalised which was 31 days post judgement and by the sounds of it could have just sent in the final certificate later...

so far Im not overly confident and get the impression I'm annoying them asking questions..

But I spent 2500 to limit the amount of time I'll spent unemployed.. and its looking like I'll have a good few months of no work regardless.

Timeline

A K-1 applicant does not send anything to the NVC. The NVC processes nothing for you. The NVC is a short pit stop. They get your approved I-129F, assign a case# and send it onto the consulate you will interview at. The checklist I posted above is how it works for Frankfurt. Your lawyer is clueless. And ALL K-1 applicants fill out the DS-160 no matter which consulate they interview at.

http://germany.usembassy.gov/visa/iv/step4/

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

So far things aren't great.

I could have done my NZ police checks a lot earlier as I left back in 2006 and didnt return.

I needed police certs for any country I spent longer than 6 months in according to the embassy, the lawyer said 12 months.

A basic letter from me wasnt submitted so we had an RFE.

I was told I couldn't enter during the process.. I could and did...

We waited for my divorce to be finalised, we could have submitted a month earlier..

$2500 paid.. really arent inspiring confidence.

We could be together by now and I'm also now facing a period of unemployment as my contract is ending and can't get work due to hopefully moving so soon.. so more cost..

Timeline

The lawyer is adamant she's right and its DS260 to the NVC.. she says he's done fiance visas before.. but tbh so far they just have not been great..

Has anyone had recent experience of using the DS260?

Timeline

So.. they were wrong.. finally admitted and apologised.. yet we're delayed as I now need to get everything back that I sent over when it should have stayed in Germany and submitted here.. if we lose my police checks we are delayed a month whilst they all get reprocessed...

Timeline

Yes, this lawyer is definitely wrong, and I am not sure they have ever done K-1 visas before. A K-1 applicant never sends anything to the NVC. That is for spousal visas. The DS-260 is for spousal visas. The DS-160 is for K-1 fiance(e) visas. That checklist for Frankfurt states to mail all those documents to them directly. Some consulates have you mail in documentation, like yours, and others just have you bring it to your interview. You never mail anything to the NVC, ever.

Maybe a refund is in order. I would fire them and give them hell if it were me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.