jimnjoan

help never recieved noa2 but got nvc approval for letter fiance visa

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got noa1 on oct 22 2013 and we waited and waited for noa2 and started to get really worried cause everyone else was being approved and not us.

I just got back from visiting my fiance in the phillipines and opened the mail and got a letter from nvc stating that they recieved my approved petition and forwarded it to the manila embassy and it has our mnl #

can i ask are we good to go can we schedule our interview now and what do i do about not recieving anything from the uscis. on their website it states that the last thing they did was change alien registration number on oct 25th and shows no approval and we never recieved noa2 but i assume that i am approved and that they just never updated it and never sent me the noa2. what should i do any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Timeline

We got noa1 on oct 22 2013 and we waited and waited for noa2 and started to get really worried cause everyone else was being approved and not us.

I just got back from visiting my fiance in the phillipines and opened the mail and got a letter from nvc stating that they recieved my approved petition and forwarded it to the manila embassy and it has our mnl #

can i ask are we good to go can we schedule our interview now and what do i do about not recieving anything from the uscis. on their website it states that the last thing they did was change alien registration number on oct 25th and shows no approval and we never recieved noa2 but i assume that i am approved and that they just never updated it and never sent me the noa2. what should i do any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Call the USCIS for confirmation and clarification.. then if confirmed, pay right away the visa fee and set your appointment.

Rickie & Jenny

03/17/13 - Met online dating site
09/19/13 - Met in person
09/20/13 - Got engage wub.png

K1 Journey

10/30/13 - I-129f Sent
11/05/13 - Packet review ( priority date)
11/09/13 - NOA1 received
11/13/13 - Alien no. changed
11/20/13 - Petition Approved!!! dancin5hr.gif
11/25/13 - NOA2 (hard copy) received

12/18/2013 - Got our case number kicking.gif

12/26/2013 - Consulate received

01/02/2014 - Medical

01/06/2014 - Interview (Approved!!!)rofl.gif

1/16/2014 - Visa Issued

1/20/2014 -VISA ON HAND dancin5hr.gif

03/09/2014 - Vancouver, CA

03/18/2014 - Wedding :dance:

03/25/2014 - Got SSN (married name)

05/15/2014 - Got State ID (married name)

05/30/2014 - Sent AOS Packet

06/03/2014 - NOA1

07/03/2014 - Bio metric Sched.

Timeline

Yeah i planned on calling them first thing this morning when they open. dont i really need the i-797 noa2 approval. i heard u need it to adjust your status. what happens if i dont get it. i do have the letter from the nvc is that enough for what i need to do now for interview and stuff.

Since you have your MNL case number, you can go ahead and pay the visa application fee and schedule an interview appointment. You don't need your petition-approval NOA to do so.

You will need your petition-approval NOA when you adjust status. You can call the USCIS and get it.

Timeline

i just called uscis and they dont have any clue. they said that in their computer that it is still at change alien registration number and they have no record of an approval so someone must have made a mistake and not entered it in their computer. they said that its prob been approved and that i need to call the embassy in manila to verify if they recieved it since its already been sent out by the nvc. I really dont understand how they could not even know if its been approved. does anyone know how to contact the embassy in manila and when i should call them. Im really nervous that they screwed it up and will be hard to get that i797 for her aos change. i really hope they can get this taken care of. i know it wont hurt us now for the visa approval but worried it could really mess us up in aos if they dont get this right. i have my fiance paying the visa fee today so we can schedule the interview and get that set up.

Timeline

I would give it a week and then pay for the visa interview and then go online and schedule

an appointment. The reason I would wait is to make sure the embassy gets the paper work

before scheduling the appointment. After you schedule your appointment. you can then

get the medical exam and CFO done in the same week.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes you are good to go to do the complete visa application process in Manila now that you have your MNL #. (follow the flashing arrow below)

BUT.... you need to contact USCIS and ask them to send you a copy of the NOA2 as you are going to need that later when you go to file Adjustment of Status once you are married.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would give it a week and then pay for the visa interview and then go online and schedule

an appointment. The reason I would wait is to make sure the embassy gets the paper work

before scheduling the appointment. After you schedule your appointment. you can then

get the medical exam and CFO done in the same week.

I would not wait at all to pay the visa fee and get things started, NVC does not mail out the notice letter until after the petition package has shipped to the embassy. They only need to schedule the interview for some time in February and all should be good.

i just called uscis and they dont have any clue. they said that in their computer that it is still at change alien registration number and they have no record of an approval so someone must have made a mistake and not entered it in their computer. they said that its prob been approved and that i need to call the embassy in manila to verify if they recieved it since its already been sent out by the nvc. I really dont understand how they could not even know if its been approved. does anyone know how to contact the embassy in manila and when i should call them. Im really nervous that they screwed it up and will be hard to get that i797 for her aos change. i really hope they can get this taken care of. i know it wont hurt us now for the visa approval but worried it could really mess us up in aos if they dont get this right. i have my fiance paying the visa fee today so we can schedule the interview and get that set up.

Embassy contact numbers are in my link about 3/4 of the way down under the USEM tab

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

thanks so much hank thats what i figured was the best thing to do was to just pay the visa fee and get the visa scheduled asap. I know we are good to go without a I797 approval until the aos. after i get the word from the embassy that they have recieved the approval from the nvc should i then contact the uscis again and tell them i want to talk to a tier two officer there who can figure out why I am still stuck at the change alien registration number and figure out why they dont have it listed as approved and how i can get my noa2/I-797 approval from them since they dont even have me listed as approved. Im sure they have to have something on file there still if they research correct? or did they transfer everything to nvc. have u ever heard of this happening before

You don't need to call the Embassy. You need to wait a couple more weeks for your I-797. Often times they arrive after your NVC notification. If it doesn't arrive in the next couple of weeks, call the USCIS and talk to a supervisor. The call center operators are mostly useless. By the way, did you check your spam box?

In the meantime, move forward with your visa journey.

Timeline

thanks for the info. I will give it a few more weeks I figured they must have approved me towards the end of november for the nvc to recieve it and ship it out by dec 18th, but with all the holidays who knows lol. we are definitely moving forward with it. my fiance is on her way now to pay the visa fee so we can shedule the appointment. i looked it up on ceac website and it states they recieved on on dec 13 and then it was sent out on the 18th. thank you everyone for you comments and help. Look forward to moving on to this next step in our journey. we are very excited about the good news

Now that you have your MNL case number, and you are going to pay the visa application fee, and you are going to make an interview appointment, and you are going to complete the medical, the ball is now in your court. Exciting times!

Best wishes for a smooth and speedy visa journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.