Zentastic

Administrative Processing Status Update

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

End of Oct did interview. Was told we were in AP because of a legal name change. Case went to DC so I was told.

Every morning since I check the CEAC site and this morning instead of 'Ready' it said 'Transfer in Progress'.

Please tell me that this doesn't mean that now 2 months after the interview it is going to DC?

Timeline

They told her that at the end of the interview in Manila. If you do a search for my previous posts there is one that explains all of that.

I am thinking that possibly when they sent the case to DC, they 'forgot' to mark it as such on the CEAC site. And now DC is sending it back, and marked it as being transfered. At least that is what I am hoping. Says to check again in a few days. Hopefully will know more then.

Edited by Zentastic

Timeline

Well called the Department of State Visa line today. Apparently Manila kicked it to the DoS, and the DoS kicked it back to the NVC. No idea why. Said I would be notified via mail.

Back to the NVC...hmmm...I wonder what that's all about.

The good news is that the Embassy didn't hit you and your fiancée with "not a bona fide relationship." If they had done so, they most likely would have sent your petition back to the USCIS, and they would have returned your fiancée's passport to her.

The issue may have something to do with your name change or your problems at the Canadian border.

Timeline

Just checked the CEAC site again. Now getting an Application Error message. So apparently my application has been removed/cancelled.

Will just have to wait for the NVC letter for details. Thanks for the help.

Edited by Zentastic

I wouldn't say your petition has been denied or cancelled just yet. Hang in there and see what the NVC says. It may just be a serious case of administrative processing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.