Daniel_Minh

Never received package 3

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The approved k1 petition was sent to the Consulate in HCM City in early December. December 11 packet 3 was apparently sent to my fiancee's home but she never received it. I emailed the consulate twice and both times they said it was mailed and they confirmed the address. We went ahead and submitted the DS 160, passport pics, and a copy of the passport and had it delivered to the consulate.

My concern is now whether or not we will get the appointment letter via mail this time. It is frustrating that I cannot call the consulate and just have to hope things will go smoothly from here...

Should we go ahead with the medical or wait for a letter? What about police records?

Edited by Daniel_Minh

December 29, 2012: First contact online
January--May 2013: Chatting every day online via skype, viber and Line
May 23, 2013: My first visit to Vietnam and a full 10 weeks together!
July 7, 2013: Marriage proposal
August 1, 2013: Back to the United States after an amazing summer in Vietnam (so sad)
August 16, 2013: NOA1
September 11, 2013: Alien Registration number changed
October 22, 2013: NOA2!!!!
November 8, 2013: Case shipped to the Department of State for visa processing.
November 18, 2013: NVC case number received.
November 21, 2013: Case left NVC. "In transit"
December 27, 2013: Returned package 3 to consulate
February 24, 2014: Scheduled interview online after paying VISA fee at HSBC

APRIL 2, 2014: PASSED VISA INTERVIEW! :)

July 30, 2014: Entered United States on K1 Visa

August 15, 2014: MARRIED

October 16: NOA 1 for I485 and I765
November 6: Biometrics
December 30: EAD approved and mailed

You can go ahead to do police records, however you cant have medical exam without interview letter. I usually contact Embassy to ask for package 3 letter and interview letter through email. I got the letter before the post office deliveried.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

I did not receive my packet 3 either. I print out a copy from VJ Malaysia thread of the same packet 3 and have it mail off! Went ahead with my medical and police record! Embassy email me earlier this week and said that they will send me packet 4 this week! Will finally know my interview date

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Don't have to wait for package 3. As soon as we found out that they sent package 3, my wife mailed package 3 back to them on the same day. Basically it's just a few forms that you can fill them out ahead of time. Check my signature for timeline.

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-05-15

NVC Received : 2012-06-22

NVC Left : 2012-06-28

Consulate Received : 2012-07-02

Packet 3 Received : Called DOS on 07/3 and package 3 sent out. We didn't wait for the "physical" package. My fiance' mailed DS2001 and DS230 part I

out the next day via EMS. You don't have to wait for pkg3. You can download and fill it out ahead of time.

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-07-04

Consulate Received pkg 3: 2012-07-06

Timeline

Don't have to wait for package 3. As soon as we found out that they sent package 3, my wife mailed package 3 back to them on the same day. Basically it's just a few forms that you can fill them out ahead of time. Check my signature for timeline.

DS 160, passport pics, and copy of the passport was submitted and received by the consulate.

I think my fiancee will try to get the police records (Justice Record #2) before we get package #4 if it is possible.

Right now I am completing the i 134 f. Do you think I should get more than just a letter from my employer? I have tax transcripts for three years.

Do you suggest I get a letter from my bank or are monthly statements enough?

THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE!

August 1, 2013: Back to the United States after an amazing summer in Vietnam (so sad)

They changed all the forms already? I just looked at my signature and for package 3 I had to submit DS2001 and DS230 part I . Why did you submit DS160?

Anyway, as far as the evidence, more is better than less, get what you could and bring it to the interview. It's better safe than sorry. However, I only brought my bank statement and some other financial documents (stocks, mutual funds....). I didn't have my bank write a letter. My HR provided me a letter with info how long i've been working there, title, etc.......

Police certificate is good for a year. You should get that way ahead of time. Make sure it's the right form too. Search on here for the correct form. Some of the members a few years back received incorrect form from their justice department.........

Have your fiance take the requirement vaccinations shot now if possible and keep the record (show the record when she's going to her medical). My wife had to take a bunch of shots and it wasn't easy (appointment was long waiting and inconvenient) Plus some shots are required for follow up doses. We had to finish up the shots here in the State.

Medical -- see if you can get an extra copy of the medical record. It may not possible but it would save you some headache later on once your fiance is here in the States. It's for submitting adjustment in case USCIS lost original medical record (head over that forum and do some reading. It will help you in a long way)

Good luck on your journey.

<quote>

DS 160, passport pics, and copy of the passport was submitted and received by the consulate.

I think my fiancee will try to get the police records (Justice Record #2) before we get package #4 if it is possible.

Right now I am completing the i 134 f. Do you think I should get more than just a letter from my employer? I have tax transcripts for three years.

<quote/>

Edited by vyx

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-05-15

NVC Received : 2012-06-22

NVC Left : 2012-06-28

Consulate Received : 2012-07-02

Packet 3 Received : Called DOS on 07/3 and package 3 sent out. We didn't wait for the "physical" package. My fiance' mailed DS2001 and DS230 part I

out the next day via EMS. You don't have to wait for pkg3. You can download and fill it out ahead of time.

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-07-04

Consulate Received pkg 3: 2012-07-06

Timeline

I am in the same shoe as you at the moment. Submitted all those DS160, etc... on Nov. 15, 2013. Still no appointment letter. Everymonth I email them for status and they keep saying in the process of getting scheduled for an interview. anyone know what is the typical wait for the appointment letter package after DS160 stuff is sent in?

Edited by picabu

An & Ly

Waiting for P4 since Nov 15, 2013

Interview scheduled for April 2nd, 2014

Passed interview - wooooo hooooooo

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Filed: IR-5 Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Seems someone else had the same problem we had! They sent the package out in November, sometime December I finally got a reply that they sent it, but since it never arrived at Phuong's house, we just did the same and sent the papers in ourself. Seems this boat is getting a bit crowded fast :P

Timeline

Seems someone else had the same problem we had! They sent the package out in November, sometime December I finally got a reply that they sent it, but since it never arrived at Phuong's house, we just did the same and sent the papers in ourself. Seems this boat is getting a bit crowded fast tongue.png

Have you received package #4? I am worried there will be a problem receiving these documents (appointment letter) as well.

I am waiting another week before contacting the consulate. Seems like the wait time between package 3 and 4 is three months or more.

Timeline

What would happens if the I129F approval expires before they scheduled an appointment for us? Anyone knows?

Do we have to start again from scratch?

An & Ly

The embassy has the power to extend it as they need more time. You don't need to worry about the approval being expired as their paperwork supersedes the ones here.
From the looks and tracking of the latest interviews, it is from the time they get packet 3, it will be roughly 90-100 days to get an appointment. It may be a little longer now and delayed since new years is coming up and pretty much everyone is on vacation mode for 10 days to 14 days. I am not sure if the embassy will be open during those times and acknowledge the holiday or not. Lets hope they don't take the days off and work through it to keep things chugging along faster for us.

Timeline

Thanks Jerezblack...that calmed me down a little hihiihihihihi

An & Ly

Filed: IR-5 Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Not yet, I messaged them and they said to check back at every month at the end.

Have you received package #4? I am worried there will be a problem receiving these documents (appointment letter) as well.

I am waiting another week before contacting the consulate. Seems like the wait time between package 3 and 4 is three months or more.

Timeline

Not yet, I messaged them and they said to check back at every month at the end.

Yeah, they told me the same thing. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.