acabrera7186

January 2014 Filers

584 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Congratulations!!!! good.gif

We're so lucky we sent the forms at a good time! It used to take much longer than this!!!

Now on to NVC... In our case it took about 12 days from CSC until it was processed at NVC and it was on its way to the embassy about 15 days from NOA2. Hope it's quick for you as well!

Thanks! biggrin.png

We really did get lucky with both the time and service center. I hope the other Jan filers get their NOA2s soon.

Anyone have any idea how to set things up so my fiancee can be at the interview without forking over a fortune for a flexible ticket? We're hoping to get a early/mid-April date so we can get married on our anniversary. Very tight, but Croatia is usually super quick about scheduling. If I get everything ready before the case arrives it *might* happen. She can only get 2 weeks off at work, though. :/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone!!! I am so excited to be on this journey. I am a mexican girl engaged to a US Citizen.

Here is our timeline:

Got Engaged: 01/17/2014

Sent package to Dallas Lockbox: 01/22/2014

Package received at TSC: 01/24/2014

NOA1: 01/28/2014

Still waiting to get our NOA2

Please keep us posted as soon as you guys receive your NOA2. I am optimistic and hope it will only take them a couple of more weeks at the most :-)

Good luck everyone!

Philippians 4: 6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ARGGGHHHH! Just called the NVC, and they informed me that my case is in AP. Yes, I know things have went very smoothly, and exceptionally quickly for me. But we're SO CLOSE! Come on guys!

<Snoop Dogg>There's so much drama at the NVC it's kinda hard being Snoop D O double G</Snoop Dogg>

ARGGGHHHH! Just called the NVC, and they informed me that my case is in AP. Yes, I know things have went very smoothly, and exceptionally quickly for me. But we're SO CLOSE! Come on guys!

<Snoop Dogg>There's so much drama at the NVC it's kinda hard being Snoop D O double G</Snoop Dogg>

Admin Processing? Has your case status changed to "In Transit" or still at "NVC"?

Fiancee called embassy in Seoul to see if it's possible to schedule an appointment by submitting the payment in advance (common method for many K1 folks in Seoul...) but was advised against it..

According to Seoul visa dept rep, it's best that we wait for the official packet 3 before proceeding (to avoid any admin mishaps). Currently, our case status is still "In Transit" status

I'm sure folks at the NVC loves singing Usher..."I just wanna take it nice and SLOOOOOW"

Congratulations! I was just looked at Igor's list for the Texas center and almost no movement. But its good to hear that some people are being processed.

Removal of Conditions 

4/10/17 - i751 sent

4/13/17 - i751 received

5/3/17 - Check Cashed

5/5/17 - NOA 1 (dated 4/13)

Congratulations!

Did you called the 603-334-0700 number in NH?

I tried that like 3 times today and everytime it was a busy tone.

I got the NAO2 in the mail on 2/18. NAO1 was 1/27 via email and text. So it's been more or less about a month at USCIS. I was thinking it would take longer, but I am ever so grateful that so far everything has gone smoothly!!

I am getting statements from my banks ready, and everything else as well. I

Congratulations!

Did you called the 603-334-0700 number in NH?

I tried that like 3 times today and everytime it was a busy tone.

I got the NAO2 in the mail on 2/18. NAO1 was 1/27 via email and text. So it's been more or less about a month at USCIS. I was thinking it would take longer, but I am ever so grateful that so far everything has gone smoothly!!

I am getting statements from my banks ready, and everything else as well. I hope we will have everything approved by the summer, if possible so that I could go visit him in London and we both can come back together in the summer ~

goofy.gif Our K-1 progress luv.gifrose.gifrose.gif

I-129F Filed ~ 1/21/14

NAO1 text/email: 1/27/14

NAO2 hardcopy: 2/18/14

Case sent from NVC to London: 3/4/14

Case received by US Embassy: 3/6/14

CEAC status changed to "ready": 3/7/14

Package 3 date: 3/17/14

Medical: 5/14/14

CEAC status update: 5/19/14

Readiness Form: 5/29/14

CEAC status update: 6/4/14

Interview: 6/27/14 (APPROVED!!!)

Visa pick-up: 7/9/14 <3

AOS received: 4/21/15

Biometrics: 5/20/15

EAD letter received: 7/6/15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Is there AP @ the NVC stage too? I thought their role is simply to bridge b/n USCIS & the consulates

Timeline

Let me state this. Now that the initial anger has somewhat dissipated. It is COMPLETELY possible that what they mean is that they're behind, and they're processing it. Which to THEM, is the normal administrative thing to do. Thus, that makes it administrative processing. My status at the CEAC says "at NVC".

In my case, they have to free it by the 21st for us to have any real shot of it BEING at the embassy for the interview. I know that DHL delivery is in the order of 3-5 days. So, if they were routing correctly, and it only took 3 days, that would give us up to the 22nd/23rd depending on what time DHL delivers there.

In short? I hate this!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our case is in transit to our embassy!

How do I choose my own interview date? It says it's been sent to us but I don't have it yet. I travel often for work so I want to ensure I take a few days off.

AOS

July 05 - AOS package sent

July 14 - NOA 1

July 25 - Biometrics Appointment Letter

July 28 - Walk in Biometrics successful

Aug 27 - Request for Expedite on EAD (Job Offer)

Sept 12 - EAD approved and in production

Sept 12 - AP is approved but USCIS status is in 'Post Decision Activity'

Sept 18 - EAD marked as mailed

April 09 - Interview - Delayed due to sealed package from civil surgeon not at local office

May 07 - GC in production

May 18 - GC in hand!!!

Feb 9 - ROC 

Feb 14 - Check Cashed

Feb 16 - NOA 1

Feb 25 - Received Biometrics Appointment

April 10 - N400 Application

April 29 - Biometrics

January 29 - Combo Interview / Recommendation for Approval 

February 20 - Oath Ceremony - NATURALIZED 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi!!!

My fiance and I got our Noa1 on january the 3rd 2014, but we are still waiting for our noa2. We are planning our wedding for the end of september, I hope we get everything in time for it!

Good luck to you all!!

Consulate has our stuff, just waiting for the packet from them now.

In the middle of gathering all documents required - question for the I-134 form. Under Q11, what should a co-sponsor write? I (Well, we) are planning to live with my Fiancées parents, at least initially, as both of us are currently employed in Japan and have no US-based income. Should the co-sponsor (the future mother in law) write that she Intend to provide food and accommodation?

This is for the Tokyo embassy, if it makes a difference.

AOS:

NOA: June 16th, 2014

NPIW: September 29th, 2014

Received Green Card: June 13th, 2015.

RoC: 

California Service Center

Submitted: March 22nd, 2017

Completed: October 5th, 2018

N-400:

Submitted: December 11th, 2019

Biometrics: December 31st, 2019

Interview: April 22nd, 2020

Interview descheduled and now waiting for further updates...

Timeline

Our interview date is set for May 27th in Manila. She is busy going to get things done- Criminal history, showing she is single and things like that. I am gathering a packet to send to her. Hopefully will mail it tomorrow. I am thinking of using one of the delivery services, would hate it to get lost in the mail! Right now I am just trying to figure out everything I have that she may need to bring to either the interview or physical.

So I have a case number (London Consulate), is there away to check the status of this online?

Sent AOS Documents: 09/17/14

Documents Received: 09/18/14

Welcome letter received: 06/18/15

Sent I-751 Documents: 03/13/2017

Package received: 3/14/17

Check cashed: 03/21/17

NOA received: 03/23/17

NOA dated: 03/16/17

Biometrics: 04/20/17

ROC Approved: 02/09/2018

Sent N-400 Documents: 03/13/2018

Package received: 3/14/18

Check cashed: 03/29/18

NOA received: 03/19/18

NOA dated: 03/19/18

Biometrics: 04/08/19

N-400 Approved: 02/28/19 🤸‍♂️

Oath Ceremony: 03/15/19 :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

So I have a case number (London Consulate), is there away to check the status of this online?

Yep! Here: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ Make sure you select immigrant visa application type.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.