acabrera7186

January 2014 Filers

584 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Its exciting to hear of others already getting their NOA 2 so fast. I compulsively check case status daily even though Im already registerd to receive txt and email of any updates. I sent to Texas lockbox and it got transfered to Cali service center. I dont know why the background check is taking so long. My only fear is that i didnt send copies of my passport stamps I only included copies of the flight itineraries and pictures. I also didnt include a statement of intent from my beneficiery only mine the petitioner. Getting worried as the days pass.

My VJ timeline says "Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between February 28, 2014 and March 10, 2014"

You will probably get a rfe with only one letter of intent I'm afraid.

Paul

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between February 16, 2014 and February 26, 2014*.

i really hope so even though uscis and the texas service center doesn't take the paper works in order

Filed: Timeline

Its exciting to hear of others already getting their NOA 2 so fast. I compulsively check case status daily even though Im already registerd to receive txt and email of any updates. I sent to Texas lockbox and it got transfered to Cali service center. I dont know why the background check is taking so long. My only fear is that i didnt send copies of my passport stamps I only included copies of the flight itineraries and pictures. I also didnt include a statement of intent from my beneficiery only mine the petitioner. Getting worried as the days pass.

My VJ timeline says "Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between February 28, 2014 and March 10, 2014"

I think you really need to send the letter of intent for both parties involved. The main thing is you can prove, based on what you sent, that you have met within 2 years. You may or may not get an RFE by not having one of the intent letters based on other peoples accounts I have read on here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

not what i wanted to hear :( i'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best and brace myself for the worse which in my case would be a delay. It never occurred to me i needed a letter of intent from both parties.

I'm the USC.

Sent I-129F application to Lockbox 01/10/14
(regretted not sending via Express Mail)
Confirmation of receipt via email/txt on 1/17/2014 Transferred to California Center
Received NOA1 hardcopy immediately thereafter
Alien Registration Number was changed on 1/22/2014
Request for evidence (RFE)sad.png 2/21/2014 (missing letter of intent from beneficiary) I wished I had discovered VJ before submitting. Read your VJ forums and ask questions before submitting!

Replied via express mail 2/27/2014

RFE Response Review 2/28/2014

l129F Petition approveddancin5hr.gif03/14/2014

NVC sent case to Embassy hardcopy received 4/5/2014

Fiance Submitted DS-160 online.

Completed medical exam 4/9/2014

Received Police Certificate 4/10/2014

Docs submitted and scheduled interview 4/16/2014

Interview 4/23/2014 K1 Visa Approved! :dancing:

Visa in hand 5/1/2014

Arrived 7/14/14

Married 7/22/14

AOS and EAD sent 8/5/14

Employment Authorization Card received 10/4/14

AOS interview 11/14/14

Conditional permanent resident Approved 11/14/14

WRlgm8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

not what i wanted to hear :( i'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best and brace myself for the worse which in my case would be a delay. It never occurred to me i needed a letter of intent from both parties.

Make sure you've got another letter of intent ready to be sent to them, In case you do get an RFE it's best to be prepared and get it all sorted out quickly! :)

Edited by Sail0r

16 January 2014: I-129F Application sent!

3rd February 2014: NOA1

10th February 2014: NOA1 Hardcopy received

NOA2: (File accidentally sent to NVC without approval, NOA2 actually received 5th May 2014)

12th March 2014: File sent to NVC (without approval)

26th March 2014: NVC Sent petition to London!

28th March 2014: Received in London

3rd April 2014: Packet 3

24th April 2014: Medical

27th May 2014: Interview!

4th June 2014: VISA ISSUED!

24th August 2014: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

not what i wanted to hear sad.png i'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best and brace myself for the worse which in my case would be a delay. It never occurred to me i needed a letter of intent from both parties.

I have seen people gone through without RFE for not submitting a letter of intent from the beneficiary and also I have seen people receiving an RFE for not doing so. I think you might want a letter of intent handy from your fiance in case you get one. This way, you can minimize the delay in the event an RFE is issued. Good Luck

Edited by Senai

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

OK I'll get that ready just in case.

I'm the USC.

Sent I-129F application to Lockbox 01/10/14
(regretted not sending via Express Mail)
Confirmation of receipt via email/txt on 1/17/2014 Transferred to California Center
Received NOA1 hardcopy immediately thereafter
Alien Registration Number was changed on 1/22/2014
Request for evidence (RFE)sad.png 2/21/2014 (missing letter of intent from beneficiary) I wished I had discovered VJ before submitting. Read your VJ forums and ask questions before submitting!

Replied via express mail 2/27/2014

RFE Response Review 2/28/2014

l129F Petition approveddancin5hr.gif03/14/2014

NVC sent case to Embassy hardcopy received 4/5/2014

Fiance Submitted DS-160 online.

Completed medical exam 4/9/2014

Received Police Certificate 4/10/2014

Docs submitted and scheduled interview 4/16/2014

Interview 4/23/2014 K1 Visa Approved! :dancing:

Visa in hand 5/1/2014

Arrived 7/14/14

Married 7/22/14

AOS and EAD sent 8/5/14

Employment Authorization Card received 10/4/14

AOS interview 11/14/14

Conditional permanent resident Approved 11/14/14

WRlgm8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got NOA2 on Valentine's day! How fitting! Hoping the momentum stays up, and we breeze right through the NVC, and the interview scheduling.

Edited by ChrisFurlough

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

We got NOA2 on Valentine's day! How fitting! Hoping the momentum stays up, and we breeze right through the NVC, and the interview scheduling.

Congratulations! :D Wish you all the best for the interview :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How long does it take from getting the NOA2 to getting the interview date? The NOA2 will be transferred to NVC and then to the embassy in my city?

I'm just preparing the documents needed for the beneficiary and making sure I have all my vaccinations. Can I provide them with a copy of my birth certificate? or do they require the original? Will they give me back the original? I recall reading that after the interview they provide you with a sealed package that you give at POE… I just want to make sure I get my originals back, such as my birth certificate.

AOS

July 05 - AOS package sent

July 14 - NOA 1

July 25 - Biometrics Appointment Letter

July 28 - Walk in Biometrics successful

Aug 27 - Request for Expedite on EAD (Job Offer)

Sept 12 - EAD approved and in production

Sept 12 - AP is approved but USCIS status is in 'Post Decision Activity'

Sept 18 - EAD marked as mailed

April 09 - Interview - Delayed due to sealed package from civil surgeon not at local office

May 07 - GC in production

May 18 - GC in hand!!!

Feb 9 - ROC 

Feb 14 - Check Cashed

Feb 16 - NOA 1

Feb 25 - Received Biometrics Appointment

April 10 - N400 Application

April 29 - Biometrics

January 29 - Combo Interview / Recommendation for Approval 

February 20 - Oath Ceremony - NATURALIZED 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.