shwndhh

police clearance

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiancee currently lives in the philippines and worked in kuwait for six years. She would have to go to kuwait in person to get a police clearance. This would be extremely difficult for her. It has been recommended that she leave this employment out of her history. Any suggestions?

Thanks

shwndhh,

Not advisable to leave out material facts from a petition. That would be fraud. There must be another way to get the police report. Does she have a friend there that can request it?

My fiancee currently lives in the philippines and worked in kuwait for six years. She would have to go to kuwait in person to get a police clearance. This would be extremely difficult for her. It has been recommended that she leave this employment out of her history. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by William33

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
POLICE RECORD

Police records are available for persons resident in Kuwait. Individuals must be physically present in Kuwait and either be Kuwaiti citizens or hold a valid residence visa to apply for a police certificate. Police records are not available for periods of residence prior to May 1991, due to the destruction of these records during Iraq's invasion of Kuwait. Information on criminal activity, including police records, is not available from Kuwaiti embassies abroad. To obtain a police record, individuals must apply in person and provide fingerprints at the Ministry of Interior, General Department for Criminal Investigation. Police certificates generally take seven to ten days to process.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...er/K/Kuwait.htm

Kuwait is one country that the police record is unavailable to get and the consulate understands this fact, make note of this fact to them.

A good list of countries that you will not need to get police certificates, can be found on the embassy site in the UK

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/pbcerts.html

Do not omit anything from her employment history, if they suspect misrepresentation they can use this as grounds to revoke, and send petition back to the USCIS, and can result in a permanent bar.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks

Best to get in contact with the consulate for local procedure. I asked a similar question of Kyiv and they would not give me any relief so my fiancee went on a road trip. Sucks, but that is what we had to do.

YMMV

Does kuwait have an embassy or consulate in Manila? If so she can probably receive assistance there. Otherwise you might search the internet to see if their equivilent to the State department has any 'contact us' link. Good luck Also, if you do get the clearance make sure your fiancee gets it translated if it is not in English. We were delayed because Claudeth forgot to get her German clearance translated.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Does kuwait have an embassy or consulate in Manila? If so she can probably receive assistance there. Otherwise you might search the internet to see if their equivilent to the State department has any 'contact us' link. Good luck Also, if you do get the clearance make sure your fiancee gets it translated if it is not in English. We were delayed because Claudeth forgot to get her German clearance translated.
I posted information from the Department of State website:
Information on criminal activity, including police records, is not available from Kuwaiti embassies abroad. To obtain a police record, individuals must apply in person and provide fingerprints at the Ministry of Interior, General Department for Criminal Investigation.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...er/K/Kuwait.htm

According to the Department of State they are not available outside of Kuwait.

From the Philippines embassy website:

POLICE CERTIFICATES. A police certificate is required from a country in which the applicant lived for more than one year (six months if you are applying for a K visa) after turning 16 years old. Information on how to secure police certificates from countries where these are available may be obtained by contacting U.S. Embassy Manila’s Immigrant Visa Branch, or an Embassy/Consulate of the country from which the Police certificate is required.

The State Department's Visa Office offers online information on availability of country documents including police certificates through its Country Document Finder. Click on the letter that begins the country name, select the country and scroll down to "Documents".

http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/wwwh3217.html

The consular officer in Manila will refer to the same page on the Department of State website and will see that the police report from Kuwait is unobtainable and will accept that one in not provided.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

• 10 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I have been a guest on VisaJourney for a few weeks but decided to join the madness because I still don't have a warm fuzzy on this subject. My fiancee is from the Philippines, worked abroad in Kuwait for two and half years, and now we have a K1 on file. I know it says she is required to have a police clearance from Kuwait, but she is back in Philippines. So given that there is no way she can go back to Kuwait to get a police clearance, will the Philippine Consulate in Manila waive this requirement? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Nate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.