CountryBoy

List of Documents I'm Filing with I-129F

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee has been reading posts here for some time but this is our first post.

I believe that thru our investigating that we have completed all required documents and supporting evidence and we are planning on mailing them to the Nebraska Center tomorrow. If anyone is willing to look my list over and make any suggestions it will surely be of help to us both.

If there is anything else I should include, or a document is listed as a copy but it should be an original, or if anything isn't listed as notarized and it should be .. please let me know.

http://www.fiddlers.us/visapackage

Thanks,

Don Roach

Illinois

Donnie and Sylvia

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello!

If this is your submission for the K-1 for the first time, I think you may have more evidence than you need. The I-134 is submitted later when it comes on the "Packet 3" from the embassy that is sent to your fiancee. At least that's what happened with our petition, but I am with the Netherlands embassy so it may be different.

Other than that, I think you have more than plenty!! I may recommend for you not making a file that it's too big for the officer, IMHO, a few but solid evidence to prove an ongoing relationship is better so they can review and approve faster.

Good luck!!

edi :energetic:

Edited by Sol-de-Verano

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You should read the guides here. I never heard of anyone submitting the I-134, police reports etc with the I-129F. These kinds of documents have to be "current" at the time of your finace's interview and that is normally when you present them. Depending on how your petition goes, if you have already aquired these documents, it may well be they will not be considered 'current' by the time her interview rolls around.

You should read the guides here before submitting your I-129F.

Make sure you put the names, dates and places on the backs of the photos, and it would be a good idea to include copies of bank statements and credit card statements showing purchases and cash withdrawals while you were in the country of your finace.

Bill

My fiancee has been reading posts here for some time but this is our first post.

I believe that thru our investigating that we have completed all required documents and supporting evidence and we are planning on mailing them to the Nebraska Center tomorrow. If anyone is willing to look my list over and make any suggestions it will surely be of help to us both.

If there is anything else I should include, or a document is listed as a copy but it should be an original, or if anything isn't listed as notarized and it should be .. please let me know.

Thanks,

Don Roach

Illinois

Edited by TucsonBill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks,

Don Roach

Illinois

Your submission is more exhaustive than I believe is required at this stage. Not saying it is wrong, but many of these documents may need to be re-presented at the consulate stage...... Any document not in English needs to be accompanied by a translation.

I would only include originals of the I-129F, G-325a's and statements of intent. If submitting originals of any other documents with the petition I would replace with copies and save the originals for the consulate.

YMMV

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Like Tucson Bill said, the best thing to do is to read the guides, that's how we sent ours and didn't get a RFE. :thumbs:

:guides:

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes read quidelines now is the time to 1. show you have met within last 2 years 2. both are free to marry. Im new also but dont believe the money would enter now. Plane tickets, letters, pictures together, letter or intent, phone bills, cr card, atm withdrawls, pet. birth cert., divorce papers in needed, passport pictures of both, all this is on guidelines

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

Thank you so much for your reply, what exactly is the "Consulate Stage"?

Thanks,

Don Roach

Illinois

Your submission is more exhaustive than I believe is required at this stage. Not saying it is wrong, but many of these documents may need to be re-presented at the consulate stage...... Any document not in English needs to be accompanied by a translation.

I would only include originals of the I-129F, G-325a's and statements of intent. If submitting originals of any other documents with the petition I would replace with copies and save the originals for the consulate.

YMMV

Donnie and Sylvia

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

After the petition is approved by the USCIS it will then move (sent to) to the consulate in the country of you beneficiary where she will have her interview. At that time you will provide more documents and evidence and upon approval visa fees.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Again, it would serve you well to read the guides here, or look at other peoples timelines. After you file the I-129F with the necessary documents, you may receive an RFE, (request for addtional evidence), in the event the adjuticating officer wants to see something you did not initially present. Next, with luck, your petition will be approved (you will receive your NOA2 approval letter, or Packet 2), and your case is forwarded to the National Visa Center and there they will do a background check on you. This process can take anywhere from 2 to 5 months, or even longer if you hit any snags. (Some have even waited longer).

Assuming all goes well at this stage, your case then gets forwarded to the embassy and after they process it, they will send your fiance Packet 3, the contets of this packet vary a bit by consulate, but generally it will contain the I-134, instructions for your fiances medical exam, (and her daughter), and will contain some forms that have to be filled out and returned with a check list, and other forms, like the I-134 that must be presented by your fiance on the date of her interview. This process can take 1 or 2 months - usually.

Once you complete the necessary forms and return the information form packet 3 to the Embassy, they will then set your fiances interview date and send you Packet 4 which will contain more instrictions for the date of her interview. The time for this to process can take 1-3 months - usually.

Consulates require that the I-134, police reports, employer letters etc are 'current' and the definition of 'current' seems to vary by consulate. I have seen some say it must be within the past 3 monts, others say 6 months - so you may or may not have to redo the I-134, police reports, tax returns, letter from employer etc.

Bill

Edited by TucsonBill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Timeline

Again, it would serve you well to read the guides here

Bill, thank you for pointing out the guides.

I have included everything that I have listed. In the tips page (I think that is correct) it stated that I should attach the passport style pics to the G-325A forms (I actually included my fiancee's daughters pictures with hers) and that some of the documents that I included should be original as opposed to copies so I changed them out.

As far as the current information issue goes, I don't mind getting additional statements from my employer, bank, tax returns, police clearances, etc. before the interview date. I actually have a government job and I know that it is better to have too much information than not to have enough.

Again, thank you so much for your assistance .. any further advise from you or anyone will be greatly appreciated.

Don Roach

dad@fiddlers.us

Donnie and Sylvia

As far as the current information issue goes, I don't mind getting additional statements from my employer, bank, tax returns, police clearances, etc. before the interview date. I actually have a government job and I know that it is better to have too much information than not to have enough.

You will HAVE to get them before the interview date - but not too far before it, and you certainly don't need to (for which, read: shouldn't) send them with the petition. Sending plenty of information (without swamping the officer in the stuff) of the type they ask for, that actually proves what they need to know (that you are both free to marry, and have met in person in the last two years) is one thing - sending information that is not required at this stage is probably not such a good thing. The officer at the service center processing your petition will not be interested in statements from your employer and bank, or in seeing your fiancee's police certificate, or your tax return. This is all information your fiancee will need to take to her consular interview - and it will need to be current at that time, so preparing it too far in advance would be counterproductive. On the other hand, finding out how long it's likely to take to obtain the police clearance, so that you can have it in plenty of time, is also a good idea - but there's no point having a affidavit of support which will be several months out of date (or a police certificate that's 'expired', for example) by the time it's actually required. That's just creating work for yourself!

Using the time between filing the petition and having it approved to read up on what comes next is definitely a good idea - find out what the Consulate's requirements are and have a look at all the forms they'll be sending your fiancee, so that (looking ahead) she'll be able to get everything ready to send off as soon as possible after receiving her Packet 3.

Good luck - hope it all goes smoothly & quickly for you! :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Timeline

Thanks,

Don Roach

Illinois

WOW, you've gone way overboard here and you may just be causing yourself problems.

Sending the I-134 Affidavit of Support now is a probably waste of time and will probably be out-of-date at interview time and you will probably have to redo it before interview time. The same goes for all of the proof of support items you listed.

Sending the CENOMAR and NBI Clearance now isn't required and these could be out-of-date at interview time and you will may have to get new ones for the interview.

The Statements of Intent don't have to be notarized but I suppose it does no harm.

Is the daughter the child of your fiance? Be advised that you may need the permission of the child's father to take the child out of the country, even if the parents were not married at the time of the child's birth. There may be some pending changes in family law WRT this.

Edited by garya505

Timeline

Is the daughter the child of your fiance? Be advised that you may need the permission of the child's father to take the child out of the country, even if the parents were not married at the time of the child's birth. There may be some pending changes in family law WRT this.

Yes, she is the daughter of my fiancee but the father remains UNKNOWN to either my fiancee or her illegitimate child as is stated on the birth certificate, affidavit of illegitimate, and statement of illegitimate.

Thanks for your reply,

Don Roach

dad@fiddlers.us

Donnie and Sylvia

Timeline
Yes, she is the daughter of my fiancee but the father remains UNKNOWN to either my fiancee or her illegitimate child as is stated on the birth certificate, affidavit of illegitimate, and statement of illegitimate.

Don,

If I was in your situation I would probably get a lawyer in the Philippines to make sure this isn't not going to be a show-stopper at interview time. But then again I'm just like that. :blush:

Gary

Edited by garya505

Timeline

Don,

If I was in your situation I would probably get a lawyer in the Philippines to make sure this isn't not going to be a show-stopper at interview time. But then again I'm just like that. :blush:

Gary

Gary,

I have had one too many experiences with the lawyers in the Manila area pertaining to other issues, the ones that came highly recommended before on these separate issues are worthless .. I have been told by people that I trust that the only lawyers in the Philippines worth their weight are female because they have to work so hard to get to where they are.

IF ANYONE HAS DIRECT KNOWLEDGE / PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ABOUT THIS SUBJECT

OR

IF ANYONE CAN RECOMMEND A GOOD LAWYER IN MANILA OR MAKATI PLEASE LET ME KNOW

We had no issues getting any of the other paperwork for my fiancee's daughter to include the passport and other paperwork that I have listed on my website.

Is the decision for this issue made by the Philippine Government or U.S. Government? The reason I ask is that I have some fairly well connected friends in both countries with whom I have the option of calling in a favor, but I hate to use all of my options if I don't have to.

Thanks for your concern and advise.

Don Roach

dad@fiddlers.us

Donnie and Sylvia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.