TBoneTX

French/American Couples - Part III - 2014

1,536 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Did you find an international attestation ? What justification did you have to give at the airport to justify such a long travel ?

Hey Mrs T.

I am thinking of you 2 a lot.

I inquired about going to California to see my husband (4 months apart now...) and as you know California is among the states which have the most "secure" behaviour in the crisis.

What they do is : when you arrive, they ask you to stay at home in quarantine for 14 days. If any symptoms arrive, then you have to tell the authorities. So basically they trust you to have a responsible behaviour...

Have you tried to call the Embassy ?

Big airhugs Super Mrs T

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alix64 said:

Hey Mrs T.

I am thinking of you 2 a lot.

I inquired about going to California to see my husband (4 months apart now...) and as you know California is among the states which have the most "secure" behaviour in the crisis.

What they do is : when you arrive, they ask you to stay at home in quarantine for 14 days. If any symptoms arrive, then you have to tell the authorities. So basically they trust you to have a responsible behaviour...

Have you tried to call the Embassy ?

Big airhugs Super Mrs T

Hey Alix , 

thank you 😊 

i read a lot about when we arrive there but the problem is to reach Paris From Corsica.

we called the embassy earlier but they don’t know a lot about the attestation . They tell us to bring the one we have for now at each time we go outside but they are not sure at 100% that the « motif familial impérieux » is gonna be ok.

they told us to have a wedding certificate and my visa with us . 

i just want to be sure to have everything to be able to travel from France to USA . 
and then once we arrive there we will self quarantine . 

it’s complicate and we have to go in may . 

big hugs to you too 😗

Timeline
14 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hey Alix , 

thank you 😊 

i read a lot about when we arrive there but the problem is to reach Paris From Corsica.

we called the embassy earlier but they don’t know a lot about the attestation . They tell us to bring the one we have for now at each time we go outside but they are not sure at 100% that the « motif familial impérieux » is gonna be ok.

i just want to be sure to have everything to be able to travel from France to USA . 

big hugs to you too 😗

Hi !

Some say "motif familial impérieux" can hardly be questioned, but you never know...

My husband wants to come to France from the US - he French embassy in the US said he should travel with a marriage certificate, a copy of my ID, my "certificat de domicile" in France as well as the usual form that describes the reason why he is traveling ("motif familial impérieux").

Maybe you should also bring the proof that you have a place to self-isolate at in the US ?

Good luck !!

Edited by loveinChicago

Timeline
15 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hey Alix , 

thank you 😊 

big hugs to you too 😗

I totally understand your stress about this.

France has NO POWER whatsoever to prevent a US citizen (and his lovely wife) from going back to his country.

From May 11th, you can reach the coast, right ? (less than 100km ?)  and from there, you reach Paris and hop!

You will make it, I'm sure.

With your marriage certificate and your husband next to you, I cannot see how policemen would stop you. Don't worry, you are almost there :)

Kiss and hugs

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

Timeline
6 hours ago, Alix64 said:

I totally understand your stress about this.

France has NO POWER whatsoever to prevent a US citizen (and his lovely wife) from going back to his country.

From May 11th, you can reach the coast, right ? (less than 100km ?)  and from there, you reach Paris and hop!

You will make it, I'm sure.

With your marriage certificate and your husband next to you, I cannot see how policemen would stop you. Don't worry, you are almost there :)

Kiss and hugs

hey Alix,

I know , and talking about it I Reached  the

« ministère des affaires étrangères »( i am calling eveywhere to find answers lol 😂)  and they gave me the link to the text of J.Y Le Drian saying that no one can be unauthorized to leave the country . 

the village we are leaving in is at about 40Km from the airport so we are ok , ouf😅 

we will have to bring attestations with us and « attestation sur l’honneur «  explaining our situation _+ wedding certificate and I think we gonna be ok . 

we hope to leave very soon to start our new life in the house waiting patiently for us 😀

what about you ? Any news ? 

big kiss , 

Audrey 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

we hope to leave very soon to start our new life in the house waiting patiently for us 😀

OMG that is great news!

As for me, I am like many others on the forum, everything is on standby, very annoying but voilà, it is what it is.

I hope the Embassy will re-open by the end of May and give interviews at full speed. I was planning to move to the US at the end of the summer, not sure it will be possible now (I have to leave my flat by July 😨). And moreover, we are appart, which I think is the worst part.

Take care and bravo to you both, you have had your lot of problems too and it is now behind you 😊

Alix

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

OMG that is great news!

As for me, I am like many others on the forum, everything is on standby, very annoying but voilà, it is what it is.

I hope the Embassy will re-open by the end of May and give interviews at full speed. I was planning to move to the US at the end of the summer, not sure it will be possible now (I have to leave my flat by July 😨). And moreover, we are appart, which I think is the worst part.

Take care and bravo to you both, you have had your lot of problems too and it is now behind you 😊

Alix

I Hope  everything will re-open soon for those waiting to have their interview 🤞

we were supposed to leave our place but our landlord was ok for us to stay more due to the situation so maybe if it’s the case you will have no problem.

I can understand , even if I am not in this situation , how bad is to be separate 😥

thank you very much Alix , soon it’s gonna be your turn for sure . 

take care 😊😉

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Timeline

Hi all!

since were are waiting for UCSIS or NVC to work on our cases (we finally sent all financial and civil documents a few days ago !!) or the embassy to reopen, do you know any interesting blogs/websites created by French people who moved to the US after they got married to an American or a PR? I'd love to gather more impressions of how things went for them... until it's our turn :)

Thanks a lot!

Edited by loveinChicago

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 5/1/2020 at 7:26 AM, loveinChicago said:

Hi all!

since were are waiting for UCSIS or NVC to work on our cases (we finally sent all financial and civil documents a few days ago !!) or the embassy to reopen, do you know any interesting blogs/websites created by French people who moved to the US after they got married to an American or a PR? I'd love to gather more impressions of how things went for them... until it's our turn :)

Thanks a lot!

The only one I know is: http://www.ajourneyaway.com/french-in-the-us-k1-visa/ 
She posts in English and French

Timeline
6 hours ago, Foibh said:

The only one I know is: http://www.ajourneyaway.com/french-in-the-us-k1-visa/ 
She posts in English and French

@loveinChicago

I was about to reply the same.

You can also go on https://frenchmorning.com/  Sometimes there are articles about new comers.

:)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 5/1/2020 at 7:26 AM, loveinChicago said:

do you know any interesting blogs/websites created by French people who moved to the US after they got married to an American or a PR? I'd love to gather more impressions of how things went for them... until it's our turn :)

HUmm..Interesting idea to suggest to my French husband. He just completed his first 3 months of life in the US.

Timeline
17 hours ago, portorusa said:

HUmm..Interesting idea to suggest to my French husband. He just completed his first 3 months of life in the US.

Very good idea :)

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Does any of you know what the policy is - once you have the greencard - in terms of travelling abroad (like going back to France)?

My kids (from my previous marriage) are teenagers, they will be staying in France with their dad once I move to the US (one of them - the youngest - may come to the US to study for 10 months in a US school).

I want of course to be able to spend some time with them. So, do you know how often we are allowed to travel and for how long? Where can I find infos on that?

Thank you guys,

Take care - Alix

Timeline

Timeline

I think you can go as often as long as you don't stay more than 6 months. 

I got the greencard in September, moved to the US in October and visited in January for a few weeks without any problem (and I didn't have the physical green card yet, only the stamp in my passport). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.