TBoneTX

French/American Couples - Part III - 2014

1,536 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hello everyone !! 

small question for those who already had the interview in  Paris . 

do I have to bring translations of my birth certificate , marriage certificate as they are in French ? 

because I see in the embassy website that I have to bring translations . I am a little bit confused . 

i didn’t submit translations to NVC .

i submit translations at USCIS in 2018 for my I130 

thank you for your answers 😀

Je peux vous les traduire gratuitement si vous en avez besoin. I don't mind.

But I'm sure you're be fine. I've only heard positive things about the French embassy over the years. Good luck to you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
29 minutes ago, IUTRTW said:

Je peux vous les traduire gratuitement si vous en avez besoin. I don't mind.

But I'm sure you're be fine. I've only heard positive things about the French embassy over the years. Good luck to you

Merci beaucoup c’est vraiment adorable à vous 🙏

i will bring those who’ve been translated for USCIS just in case . 
thank you very much though 

Timeline
On 1/22/2020 at 10:07 AM, Devon&Sandra said:

Hey you all :)

My interview was scheduled for 8.30 AM today (IR1/CR1). I arrived at 8 and stayed in a line (outside) until 8.30 when they started letting us in. 
First : security check 
Second : first (quick) document check
Third : documents submission (they only took originals of my civil documents : birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree, police record) + biometrics
Fourth : actual interview - super friendly and easy going. 
Questions : 
1. Where are you currently working? What kind of job is this? ("it will be super easy for you to find work in the US")
2. What is your husband doing?
3. When did you meet and how?
4. How many people were attending your wedding? 
5. Where did you like to live better Paris or Zagreb (my hometown in Croatia)? (I think this one is just to chat while he is processing documents lol)
He said at one point, everything looks perfectly fine and your visa is APPROVED. You should be receiving your passport within a week (which I know usually takes way more ;))
I was out of the embassy at 9.15 so all process took 1H15 (or 45 min if you don't count outside wait time)

Hi, 

please could you tell me if the embassy asked you translation form you birth certificate and other paperwork’s ? 

Timeline

I received my physical green card today! US entry : 3rd of October. I wrote to USCIS at the beginning of the month because the 120 days of waiting time passed, they never responded but I got the green card in the mail today. 

17 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hi, 

please could you tell me if the embassy asked you translation form you birth certificate and other paperwork’s ? 

I had only french paperwork during the whole process, I have never translated anything. 

Edited by K-Kwette

Timeline
Just now, K-Kwette said:

I received my physical green card today! US entry : 3rd of October.

I had only french paperwork during the whole process, I have never translated anything. 

Yeahhhh 🥳 congratulations 🎉🎊 

ok thank you @K-Kwette 😀

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
12 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hello everyone !! 

small question for those who already had the interview in  Paris . 

do I have to bring translations of my birth certificate , marriage certificate as they are in French ? 

because I see in the embassy website that I have to bring translations . I am a little bit confused . 

i didn’t submit translations to NVC .

i submit translations at USCIS in 2018 for my I130 

thank you for your answers 😀

The documents have to be in English or the language of the country where the embassy is so you don't need translations.

For our story, look at my profile.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hi, 

They didn't ask for any translation. I had everything in French (birth certificate, divorce decree and police certificate). 

I did upload on NVC site english translation for birth certificate and divorce decree but only because I got married in the US and I had them translated before. Also the translation was of an old birth certificate and I brought the new one to the interview. 

So I strongly believe you don't need any translation. 

February 13 2015: Started dating (met in New Orleans)

February 13 2018: Married in New Orleans

March 29 2019: PD for 1-130 (Spouse) - Nebraska Service Center

May 20 2019 : PD for 129F (K3 spouse visa)

June 21 2019 : I129F denial

June 22 2019 : I130 APPROVAL (only 85 days after submission) 😀 

July 17 2019 : sent to NVC by NSC

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

September 06 2019 : payed fees 

September 11 2019 : uploaded documents (Financial & civil) + submit DS-260

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

November 22 2019 Documentary Qualified email :D 

December 10 2019 Medical done 

December 16 2019 Interview Letter

January 22 2020 Interview - APPROVED 😍

January 28 2020 Visa on hand 

February 25th 2020 Travel day

Timeline
6 hours ago, JulienR said:

The documents have to be in English or the language of the country where the embassy is so you don't need translations.

Ok great thank you very much for your answer 🙏

1 hour ago, Devon&Sandra said:

They didn't ask for any translation. I had everything in French (birth certificate, divorce decree and police certificate). 

I did upload on NVC site english translation for birth certificate and divorce decree but only because I got married in the US and I had them translated before. Also the translation was of an old birth certificate and I brought the new one to the interview. 

So I strongly believe you don't need any translation. 

Thank you very much , I am relieved 😅 

last question ( for now 🤪

when did you paid the visa fees of 220$?

because it was not asked on the website where I confirm my interview 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Ok great thank you very much for your answer 🙏

Thank you very much , I am relieved 😅 

last question ( for now 🤪

when did you paid the visa fees of 220$?

because it was not asked on the website where I confirm my interview 

220$ is actually Green Card fees, not visa. 

So the visa is delivered without paying it. 

You are supposed to pay 220$ between the moment you receive your visa and the moment you travel, but it is also possible to pay it once in the US. 

I payed it a week after receiving my visa and I will be traveling on 25th of Feb. 

When you receive your passport with visa in it, they also give you some papers explaining how to pay that fee. 

Glad to help - don't hesitate if you have other questions 

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Devon&Sandra said:

220$ is actually Green Card fees, not visa. 

So the visa is delivered without paying it. 

You are supposed to pay 220$ between the moment you receive your visa and the moment you travel, but it is also possible to pay it once in the US. 

I payed it a week after receiving my visa and I will be traveling on 25th of Feb. 

When you receive your passport with visa in it, they also give you some papers explaining how to pay that fee. 

Glad to help - don't hesitate if you have other questions 

Thank you so much to take time to answer me I really appreciate 😊

ok now I understand . I was a little bit confused with the payment of the fees . Now , thanks to you it’s clear 😀

waouuu !!! 10 days and you will be there ! I am really happy for you !! 

i wish you all the best in this new adventure and thank you again for your help 🙏

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I hope this little Sunday message finds you well.

I need a piece of advise.

We have uploaded (through our lawyer) all required docs, and paid and all in early February on CEAC website.

Our lawyer is asking us to focus on the US Embassy website for the list of documents to bring the day of the itw.

But we know he has uploaded on CEAC's more than what is required on the Embassy website.

We have asked him twice the list of the documents he has uploaded but (twice) he replied to focus only on the list of docs mentioned on the Embassy website.

What do you think? Should we insist? Personnaly I think it is better to have more... I have been fighting on other matters so I would like to spare us a second disagreement.

In other terms my question is : have you brought more documents than this long list ?

Embassy in Paris asks for:

- NVC itw letter,

- passport and a photocopy of the bio page

- 2 photographs

- confirmation page from teh form DS-260 application

- original birth certificate, English translation and a photocopy

- medical exam results in sealed envelope (unless the doctor sent it directly)

- original copies of birth certificates of my kids

- form I-864 and a photocopy

- proof of US petitioner's status and domicile

- evidence of the relationship

- original marriage, English translation and photocopy

- original divorce certificate, English translation and photocopy (btw, how do you get an original of this ?)

- police certificate

Thank you very much for your help,

Alix

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
16 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hello Everyone,

I hope this little Sunday message finds you well.

I need a piece of advise.

We have uploaded (through our lawyer) all required docs, and paid and all in early February on CEAC website.

Our lawyer is asking us to focus on the US Embassy website for the list of documents to bring the day of the itw.

But we know he has uploaded on CEAC's more than what is required on the Embassy website.

We have asked him twice the list of the documents he has uploaded but (twice) he replied to focus only on the list of docs mentioned on the Embassy website.

What do you think? Should we insist? Personnaly I think it is better to have more... I have been fighting on other matters so I would like to spare us a second disagreement.

In other terms my question is : have you brought more documents than this long list ?

Embassy in Paris asks for:

- NVC itw letter,

- passport and a photocopy of the bio page

- 2 photographs

- confirmation page from teh form DS-260 application

- original birth certificate, English translation and a photocopy

- medical exam results in sealed envelope (unless the doctor sent it directly)

- original copies of birth certificates of my kids

- form I-864 and a photocopy

- proof of US petitioner's status and domicile

- evidence of the relationship

- original marriage, English translation and photocopy

- original divorce certificate, English translation and photocopy (btw, how do you get an original of this ?)

- police certificate

Thank you very much for your help,

Alix

Hello Alix,

I had tones of documents - originals and photocopies. 

Here is the list of what they actually looked at. 

ONLY originals of : 

- Birth certificate 

- Medical exam

- Marriage certificate

- Divorce decree

- Police record

- Passport pictures (2)

So, I would say your list is good enough

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
8 hours ago, Devon&Sandra said:

So, I would say your list is good enough

Thanks Devon&Sandra :)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Today (85 days in AP) we finally received an email from the Embassy. "To be able to finish the immigration process" for my son and stepson they request my husband's passport back. Also they request "medical results" - this one is surprising. As far as we know, the medical results had been sent from Lisbon to Paris end of November and received by the Embassy on December 12th (the Embassy confirmed it on the phone).

Tomorrow morning we are contacting the Embassy via phone to clarify the issue.

My husband is in USA with me now (on ESTA visit). He will be flying back to France on March 23rd.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 2/14/2020 at 7:14 AM, IUTRTW said:

I've only heard positive things about the French embassy over the years. Good luck to you

Sorry to spoil your positive view of the Paris Embassy but I feel nothing but despise towards them. They lied to us, lost/misplaced our documents, ignored our multiple emails and inquiries about the case status. The most horrible experience.

Hope we are the only exception.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.