114 posts in this topic

I agree with that entirely. I don't think that my case is the worst one on here by any stretch of the imagination. I feel terrible for those who have to wait longer, or go through a harder time.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Perhaps... I just don't think raging at anyone who posts and flinging negativity and putting yourself through the wringer is a constructive way to deal with the stress of seperation. Not sure what you want to hear at this point? I tried to give you a different perspective and you jumped down my throat, people gave ideas about preparing g the house and other ways to use the time and you shouted them down too. So One or two people were Insensitive in their comments, no reason to go off the deep end. There HAS to be a better way to deal with the stress of seperation and all this negative energy cannot be good for the rest of the family as kids are sensetive to these things.

Bottom line, immigration is a difficult and long process... It is not a right, it is a privilege... It is a slow and cumbersome system that is flawed and no amount of screaming or fighting will make it move faster for the people now reading this... To try to make a difference for future filers, ok, but for those now in the system, it is what it is. Keep the communication with your loved ones open, work extra to save money, organize the house, pack items, keep the kids happy and busy, these are all tangible things that people can do to help,pass the time. Hopefully, for most others reading this, I have faith that the painful memories fade once they are together... Good luck to all, hope the separations are short and you are all soon together... OUT

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

I personally think the stress is motivated by the I-130s not being processed for a good part of 2013. There was a lot of uncertainty and still is, even now that processing has picked up again. We tend to see a lot of worst-case-scenarios on this site, such as people still waiting for NOA2s who petitioned for their spouses a year or so ago. After reading so many horror stories, you begin to worry that it will happen to you.

I think instead of competing over who has it the hardest and criticising people for suffering emotionally during the separation period, we should all rally together to support one another through this process.

Most horror stories don't tell the whole truth, and have something in it that makes a difference, and the person keeps it hidden. There is a reason things are out of the ordinary.

I don't think people saying that someone had it harder is to make a contest, but just to point out the relativity of perspective. Some K-1s are complaining that their NOA2 is taking a few months, for instance. Waiting is hard. It is trying to just wait with no end point in sight, to have no control over it. I think everyone on this site understands that.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Research has shown that it's the uncertainty of a situation which creates a lot stress. It's one of the reasons commuting to a big city for work is so stressful to your well-being because you can not predict how bad the traffic is going to be.

We adapt much better when we know the outcome even if that outcome is a bad one. So researchers have shown that amputees often deal with their situation better once the decision is final than in the months before when the limb might or might not have been saved.

I think the stress of the immigration system would be less if people could just know the exact number of days it would take even if that was longer than they would like. So if it was possible to say "Right, it's going to take 9 months to get the interview" - that's a long time but you would have a specific goal and could stop worrying about when something was going to happen. It's the uncertainty combined with the unfairness with the way the cases get dealt with which means that sometimes people who filed months after you get dealt with before you. That mixture is enough to drive most normal people completely crazy.

It's a good thought, however there is realistically no way to give a time frame on when a particular petition will be adjudicated.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

It's a good thought, however there is realistically no way to give a time frame on when a particular petition will be adjudicated.

I don't think it was meant as a suggestion, just a comment about the psychology of it.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

we have been married on 15th october 2012, and after that my wife visited me in November 2013 just only for 10 days ( because both of haven't had enough leaves). Now we both feel its too much and we are planning to stay together in singapore till this process goes through. Seriously, it's a torture.

Married on : 2012/10/15

USCIS

NOA 1: 2013/03/09

Transfered : 2014/02/25

NOA 2: 2014/03/10

NVC

NVC Received: 2014/03/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have yet to come across one section of the Government that is effective and timely. Why should USCIS be different?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Priority, in this context, implying that we were on the list of applications that had resources devoted to it. Which I thought was clear from the context of my post. Our cases had no priority, in that they had basically no resources devoted to dealing with them.

But that being said, US Citizens and their immediate family members DO have an expectation of priority. As the only immigrant classes that have no numerical limits and visas "immediately" available, along with the very clearly stated goals in our immigration laws of Family Unity being the #1 priority, it does mean that we should be first in line.

Yes, me me me, you're damn right. I'm an American Citizen, and my family absolutely should come before people who came to the US illegally because we are going through the proper legal channels. If that makes me entitled, then so be it. That doesn't mean that I think they shouldn't be serviced, but they should NOT be getting put in the line ahead of people who are following the law.

I'm not whining, I'm stating facts. And working to improve the situation, which is more than I can say for any of the posters here who continue to come in and actively try to discourage people who are already going through a bad time.

If you don't like reading my posts, you can always block me.

Also, I do so love being told that I'm the ruination of the US. It's such a powerful position, having the ability to single-handedly ruin a country. I wonder if I could expand this super power to other areas of my life.

Amen Kaylara, amen! As always, very well said! So darn true about DACA. Keep it coming. :)

Married in Edinburgh, Scotland: 07-06-2013

I-130 Package Sent to Chicago Lockbox: 09-04-2013

NOA1 from the National Benefits Center: 09-05-2013

I-130 Package Transferred to California Service Center: 02-25-2014

NOA2: 03-05-2014

NVC Received: 03-17-2014

Case # and IIN Assigned: 04-18-2014

DS-261 Generated and Completed: 04-26-2014

AOS Fee Invoiced and Paid: 04-29-2014

IV Fee Invoiced and Paid: 05-01-2014

AOS Fee Shows as Paid: 05-01-2014

IV Fee Shows as Paid: 05-05-2014

AOS and IV Packages Sent via UPS: 05-08-2014

AOS and IV Packages Received: 05-12-2014

AOS and IV Packages Input Into System: 05-14-2014

DS-260 Completed: 05-16-2014

Case Complete: 06-11-2014

Medical Exam: 07-08-2014

Interview in Warsaw, Poland: 08-28-2014 @ 8:30AM - APPROVED!

Visa Package Received: 09-01-2014

POE at Chicago O'Hare International Airport: 09-23-2014

I-751 Package Received: 07-11-2016

NOA1: 07-16-2016

I-751 Biometrics Apointment: 08-01-2016

ROC Approval (during citizenship interview): 12-20-2017

10-Year Green Card Received: N/A due to approved N-400

N-400 Filed Online: 08-28-2017

N-400 NOA1 Date: 08-29-2017

N-400 Biometrics Appointment: 09-22-2017

Status Changed to Interview Scheduled: 09-22-2017

Status Change to Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed: 11-15-2017

N-400 Interview: 12-20-2017 - APPROVED!

Oath of Allegiance Scheduled: 12-29-2017

Oath of Allegiance: 01-18-2018 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You should pack up and go live with your spouse..

The same could be said for anyone who's not happy with their wait times and how things are currently.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Two post removed for personal attacks, member now thread banned for not heading warning by Moderator~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Perhaps... I just don't think raging at anyone who posts and flinging negativity and putting yourself through the wringer is a constructive way to deal with the stress of seperation. Not sure what you want to hear at this point? I tried to give you a different perspective and you jumped down my throat, people gave ideas about preparing g the house and other ways to use the time and you shouted them down too. So One or two people were Insensitive in their comments, no reason to go off the deep end. There HAS to be a better way to deal with the stress of seperation and all this negative energy cannot be good for the rest of the family as kids are sensetive to these things.

Bottom line, immigration is a difficult and long process... It is not a right, it is a privilege... It is a slow and cumbersome system that is flawed and no amount of screaming or fighting will make it move faster for the people now reading this... To try to make a difference for future filers, ok, but for those now in the system, it is what it is. Keep the communication with your loved ones open, work extra to save money, organize the house, pack items, keep the kids happy and busy, these are all tangible things that people can do to help,pass the time. Hopefully, for most others reading this, I have faith that the painful memories fade once they are together... Good luck to all, hope the separations are short and you are all soon together... OUT

I haven't shouted down anyone, nor am I going off the deep end. I'm not raging at anyone (except the USCIS), nor putting myself or my kids through the wringer, but thank you for your concern. I responded to your difference of opinion. I wasn't aware that we weren't having a conversation here, but that everyone was just supposed to state their opinion, and then not comment on anyone else's. I think, perhaps, you are misreading my tone. Frankly, I usually only come on here during the day during the few minutes where I'm not horrendously busy, and don't have time to mince words.

I think your suggestions on dealing with the separation are good. My problem is that it seems that too many people who are done with it do seem to forget how difficult it was, and can get downright nasty in responding to the people who are still waiting. Or people who didn't have to wait nearly as long, who come in and chide others for being upset that it is taking a long time. I don't think that we should be minimizing their pain. I just don't think that's in any way supportive or helpful. And for some people, coming in here and having people to commiserate with and vent with is very therapeutic and helps them to deal with the situation. I've seen so many people on here who are happy to just have other people understand what they're going through.

I can entirely understand how people might get sick of seeing the complaints, but they really don't have to read areas or threads that irritate them, nor do they have to respond to them. If a post or a thread makes me that upset, I will either report it (if I think it's necessary) or I walk away from the discussion.

I do hope that most people forget or are able to move past their experience with the immigration system once their loved ones are here. But I hope that they would retain enough memory to be kind to those who are suffering because of it.

I have yet to come across one section of the Government that is effective and timely. Why should USCIS be different?

So why shouldn't we work to improve it, then? Or should we just accept that it's inefficient, and there's no way to fix it? Because personally, I think that accepting it and not even attempting to fix anything is exactly how this level of inefficiency has developed.

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Priority, in this context, implying that we were on the list of applications that had resources devoted to it. Which I thought was clear from the context of my post. Our cases had no priority, in that they had basically no resources devoted to dealing with them.

But that being said, US Citizens and their immediate family members DO have an expectation of priority. As the only immigrant classes that have no numerical limits and visas "immediately" available, along with the very clearly stated goals in our immigration laws of Family Unity being the #1 priority, it does mean that we should be first in line.

Yes, me me me, you're damn right. I'm an American Citizen, and my family absolutely should come before people who came to the US illegally because we are going through the proper legal channels. If that makes me entitled, then so be it. That doesn't mean that I think they shouldn't be serviced, but they should NOT be getting put in the line ahead of people who are following the law.

I'm not whining, I'm stating facts. And working to improve the situation, which is more than I can say for any of the posters here who continue to come in and actively try to discourage people who are already going through a bad time.

Also, I do so love being told that I'm the ruination of the US. It's such a powerful position, having the ability to single-handedly ruin a country. I wonder if I could expand this super power to other areas of my life.

Damn straight. US Citizens need to be in the front of the line. Period.

event.png

USCIS:

Service Center : National Benefits Center

Consulate : Moscow

03-07-2013: Marriage

04-16-2013: I-130 NOA1

05-01-2013: I-129F NOA1

11-18-2013: Transfer date to TSC

02-26-2014: NOA2 (I-130 and I-129F)

03-26-2014: Shipped to NVC (I-130 and I-129F)

NVC:

03-28-2014: NVC received case

04-29-2014: Case Number assigned

05-15-2014: AOS packet arrived at NVC

05-15-2014: IV Packet received by NVC

xx-xx-2014: Case Complete

xx-xx-2014: Interview scheduled

I'll stand next to you as well, and say that we should be "entitled" to being at the front of the line, as USC's. As it should be!, and I'm sure it is in most other countries, for their citizens, as well. It's really a shame, that our government cares more about people who have broken our laws, than it's own law abiding, natural born citizens.

02/07/2014 NOA2

02/25/2014 Case received at NVC

03/28/2014 Case Number assigned

04/01/2014 DS-261 Available and completed

04/07/2014 AOS and IV bills paid

04/09/2014 Sent AOS package

04/10/2014 AOS package delivered to NVC

04/12/2014 DS-260 completed

04/14/2014 IV package sent

04/15/2014 IV package delivered to NVC

04/17/2014 NVC says "one piece of mail" regarding case received, can't specify which one AOS or IV

04/21/2014 "Two pieces of mail received", so AOS and IV packages both logged in.

05/06/2014 Case Complete.

05/13/2014 Interview scheduled

06/12/2014 Interview at Kiev Embassy

06/12/2014 Visa Approved!

Removal of conditions:

05/04/2016 I-751 Received at California Service Center

05/06/2016 NOA-1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.