114 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A normal turn around would be a month if it was not for delays, which I think most people would accept.

Obviously if there was a will it could happen, there is not.

I am sure if your local Congress person had a financial stake in the process things would be different,

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Feeling your pain sister. Skype is all I got for my marriage right now and its a poor substitute for the real thing. But as 'Proudly Canadian' said, its better than letters or email. Some days our work schedules and time difference make it impossible for us to see each other on that day or even a couple days. Those days are the worst! Still, I can't imagine my life without him now, and I try to stay positive. So hang in there and know that you are not alone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Being a member of this website has offered me great support and knowledge while going through this process. I have recently returned from visiting my husband and step children over the holidays. I helped my husband through a hospital procedure, celebrated his birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. I made new curtains for our apartment that we secured during my last visit, drove the kids to school, made lunches and was able to be a wife and step mother. I have now returned to my apartment in Canada, returned to my job and feeling complete emptiness and heartbreak. My mental health is being greatly challenged and at times I am feeling so depressed that I wonder how much longer I can endure the wait. The process is inhumane. I would love to ask any of those in power over our cases to be separated from their children, husbands for over a year and hear how they react and see how many of them end up physically and mentally ill from the stress.

Stress is the number one cause of life threatening disease! Cancers, heart problems, raised cholesterol, suicide are all affected or caused by severe stress!

This treatment is inhumane. We are being tortured.

I do try and think of the positive...that everyday is one day closer....that I am happy to have spent some time together....to continue to do the things I have enjoyed in the past to protect myself. I work in the field of health!

So....thank you for letting me vent! Thank you for being strong and being there for me and others. Only those of us going through this can understand the pain and torment.

Wishing that we stay strong together and that our strength and love will make this world a better place one day!

I feel you and i TOTALLY agree with you. This affects a lot and can screw you emotionally. :( it's hard to handle.

Hope we all feel better later.

Edited by davenella

January 13, 2012 - Start talking
June 20, 2012 - Visit 1
September 21, 2012 - Visit 2
December 31, 2012 - Visit 3
February 20, 2013 - Visit 4 (proposal the 24th)
April 15, 2013 - Package sent
April 18, 2013 - NOA1
May 30, 2013 - Visit 5
August 22, 2013 - Visit 6
August 29, 2013 - RFE
October 4, 2013 - NOA2 (after 5 months 2 weeks 2 days)
October 9, 2013 - NOA2 Hard Copy
November 8, 2013 - NVC case number (after 5 weeks)
November 15, 2013 - Embassy in Lima received the case
November 29, 2013 - Visit 7
January 3, 2014 - Visit 8
January 6, 2014 - INTERVIEW APPROVEDJanuary 11, 2014 - Visa in hand
May 1, 2014 - Visit 9
May 4, 2014 - POE
June 24, 2014 - MARRIED :star:
July 29, 2014 - Sent AOS
August 6, 2014 - NOA1
September 4, 2014 - Biometrics

October 17, 2014 - Travel&Work permit Approved

December 3, 2014 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED

December 11, 2014 - Green Card in hand

September 7, 2016 - ROC sent

September 12, 2016 - NOA1
October 18, 2016 - Biometrics

October 17, 2019 - I-797C received

November 15, 2019 - Biometrics 

October 6, 2020 - Interview

November 18, 2020 - Naturalization ceremony
Ju44m5.png

8Hm5m5.png

lpi8m5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Girl I know EXACTLY what you are going through. I have been apart from my fiancée for a year and a half. I tried waiting to see if he can get a visa on his own and its hard so I filed for the K1 visa. I have been completely miserable and heartbroken and have cried. I have been alone for the holidays. The process can not go fast enough and if we get denied for any reason I don't know what I would do. So we have these types of sites to help each other and pass the time. Believe me friend I know just what you mean.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Regarding those who are deployed please remember that this was by choice. People do not join the service not knowing that there is a chance of deployment.

I saddened that you feel that telling me to 'suck it up' is helpful when I believe it is clear that I am feeling very depressed.

I should not have posted anything here.

You chose to be in a relationship with someone in a foreign country. I'm sorry but trying to say that your pain is an less intense or any less of a choice than a military family is not fair at all.

I liked our time on Skype, we annoyed each other a lot less than we do in person. Once your in person honeymoon phase wears off and you start to hit the real stumbling blocks (like we have in the 1.5 years of in person time) like infertility, multiple miscarriages, death of parents, family drama, home renovations, money issues, moving countries twice, etc. etc. Relationships are rough, cross cultural relationships comes with issues, and trust me this little separation is NOTHING compared to what you will face in the future.

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I completely agreed , this is just too much. How much longer do I need to wait to finally start my life with my husband and my kids in the same home. USCIS timeline is all messed up and back up and NVC process timeline doesn't exist , NVC operator "..8 weeks to assigned number, but you are welcome to call whenever you like..." Really??? What part of this process is working correctly? What is the goal ?5 months? What is their focus? It's called "Poor Management" This is BS.

Filed: Timeline

Regarding those who are deployed please remember that this was by choice. People do not join the service not knowing that there is a chance of deployment.

I saddened that you feel that telling me to 'suck it up' is helpful when I believe it is clear that I am feeling very depressed.

I should not have posted anything here.

Regarding those who are married to foreigners, please remember that this was by choice. People do not marry foreigners not knowing that there is a waiting process involved.

devil.gif

Disclaimer: My post should not be seen as being argumentative, rather it's meant to show the other side of the coin.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

This is a hard process and not for the faint at heart. When I went to visit my husband during the process it was so hard to leave because life was so great together- this is the thought that kept me from going crazy during this process. The thought that one day we will have an everyday life. Just try to focus on that thought and visit as much as possible. You can survive it! Good luck and just breath ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Nigeriaorbust….I'm sorry but I just have to say it. I can't believe anyone else has not. You and people like you are the exact example of a reason I never come on this site. You seem to have some bitterness of some type and can't be nice or supportive. Doesn't mean the members don't want the truth, but even your signature denotes an air of "I enjoy making other feel miserable." This is supposed to be a place of camaraderie and support. How does "This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this." or your responses of suck it up indicate any of that? Many I know that have started out on this site, don't come here anymore exactly for people like that, and it's sad because we all should support one another since this is not an easy journey.

Sorry if this seems rude folks, but no one else has pointed that out and I don't think anyone who has the determination and courage to go through this process needs an attitude such as that around.

Timeline

Nigeriaorbust….I'm sorry but I just have to say it. I can't believe anyone else has not. You and people like you are the exact example of a reason I never come on this site. You seem to have some bitterness of some type and can't be nice or supportive. Doesn't mean the members don't want the truth, but even your signature denotes an air of "I enjoy making other feel miserable." This is supposed to be a place of camaraderie and support. How does "This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this." or your responses of suck it up indicate any of that? Many I know that have started out on this site, don't come here anymore exactly for people like that, and it's sad because we all should support one another since this is not an easy journey.

Sorry if this seems rude folks, but no one else has pointed that out and I don't think anyone who has the determination and courage to go through this process needs an attitude such as that around.

Thank you !!!

iwanted to say just that...,it makes me mad seeing that some people like to drag others down with negative hating comments ...,suck it up ? rules can be changed ! there was a time were most of us could not even get married cause of race religion ... did we change those rules? yes ! sucking it up is not the way to go !

In Europe Canada and other first world countries they do it better and faster,i`m sure it wasnt always this way ,but people did not suck it up !! that`s why the rules got changed...

Izzy .

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

09/08/2013 - I-130 Priority Date
02/26/2014 - RFE
03/10/2014 - RFE sent
03/26/2014 - NOA2 date

04/08/2014 - NVC received
05/08/2014 - Case number assigned
05/12/2014 - DS-261 Completed
05/13/2014 - AOS paid
05/22/2014 - AOS pack sent
06/13/2014 - IV Paid,Finally!
06/14/2014 - IV pack sent
06/17/2014 - DS-260 completed
06/22/2014 - IV pack scan date
07/01/2014 - AOS checklist
07/02/2014 - Checklist Reply sent
07/09/2014 - Checklist scan date
08/22/2014 - Case Completed!

09/08/2014 - Case left the NVC
09/10/2014 - Case is ready
09/10/2014 - Interview letter received
10/20/2014 - Medical Appointment
10/29/2014 - Interview day ...

snowflakepr - I feel your painsad.png .

It's a difficult situation all round. Many people are struggling with immigration issues in one form or the other. I have not enjoyed being apart from my love during this time - but unfortunately he wont take the chance of trying to come here for a visit because he is afraid he will be turned back. So like everyone else we just wait.

stay strong. We will all survive this! This is not really the journey!

Priority Date - December 2, 2013

USCIS -

12/02/13 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : Case Transferred from VSC to CSC

03/28/15 : Hard copy of transfer received in mail

04/14/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) - finally! (informed via text on 4/16/2015)

NVC -

04/29/15 : NVC received the case (informed during phone call to NVC on 5/01/2015

05/08/15 : Case number assigned and IIN (received via phone call on 5/14/2015)

05/12/15 : NVC Welcome letter mailed

05/19/15 : NVC Welcome received in mail

05/29/15 : DS-261 Finally Available on CEAC and completed

05/29/15 : AOS bill Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

06/02/15 : AOS bill status: PAID

06/15/15 : IV invoice generated (notified by email) but unable to pay on CEAC...waiting...

07/05/15 : IV bill Finally Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

07/08/15 : IV bill status: PAID

07/08/15 : DS-260 Available

07/12/15 : DS-260 completed and submitted

07/13/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/14/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/16/15 : Scan Date

07/28/15 : CASE COMPLETE - NO checklist! :dancing::dancing::dancing:London...here we come...!!

08/04/15 : CC Email received...waiting for Interview Letter....

08/11/15 : Interview letter (IL/P4) received ...interview date 9/11/2015! :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

EMBASSY -

08/11/15 : Case Shipped to embassy

08/12/15 : Case Arrived in UK (tracked on DHL website)

08/12/15 : Medical completed

08/14/15 : CEAC showing IN TRANSIT

08/18/15 : CEAC showing READY

09/11/15 : Interview date (initial)

09/08/15 : Interview date (rescheduled on 8/18/2015) - APPROVED :)

xx/xx/15 : Visa in hand
xx/xx/15 : POE....Dulles airport!

Timeline

I simply can't believe so many here are so eager to jump to a defend a system which is forcing them apart from their loved ones, a system which is clearly grossly inefficient, lacking in transparency and devoid of any kind of accountability. We know for a fact that they can process us in as little as two or three weeks. The only reason that do no *routinely* process us in that short amount of time, or anything even close to it, is they don't feel they need to. They have no sense of urgency for keeping families together. For those of you who "enjoyed" carrying our your relationship by skype, you are welcome to take as long as you like to actually move together. Most of the rest of us, I am sure, I desperate to finally be able to be together with our spouses again. And for those who keep bringing up US service members: it's apples and oranges. They are forced to have long separations because of the needs of the job; we are forced to have long separations from our loved ones because the bureaucracy we are forced to work through doesn't see it as any kind of priority.

We all here paid for this service, and it is a service that is *vital* to us - without it, we cannot live with our own spouses and children. How can that be treated like it's some kind of luxury or privilege, and not an absolute right?

-J

Edited by Jamie & Izzy

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

02/26/2014 - RFE
03/10/2014 - RFE sent
03/26/2014 - NOA2 date

05/13/2014 - AOS paid

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How can that be treated like it's some kind of luxury or privilege, and not an absolute right?

-J

Mostly because it's not a right.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Timeline

Mostly because it's not a right.

So...the government can decide who we can marry and how we live our personal lives? It's job is interfere in our personal lives and ignore all that inconvenient stuff about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? Well...thank goodness for a free country, eh?

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

02/26/2014 - RFE
03/10/2014 - RFE sent
03/26/2014 - NOA2 date

05/13/2014 - AOS paid

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.