RON_NELZ

K2 visa

14 posts in this topic

Happy new year everyone.

Me and my fiance' are on the process of K1/K2 fiancee visa. I have 2 (two) kids (18yrs/14yrs) from my annulled marriage and won the custody.

My kids will just follow me to the states wihtin a year from the date of my visa (hopefully) approval...i am about to pay for my k1 fiancee visa and schedule for an interview..

MY QUESTION are: 1.)DO I NEED TO PAY FOR K2 visa also??????

2.) DO I HAVE TO SEPARATE THE PAYMENT UPON PAYING TO THE AFFILIATED BANK OF US EMBASSY?

hope somebody can share their ideas. thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

List them on the DS-160 and mark off that they will follow to join. I believe they will not pay their visa processing fees until it is time for them to actually apply for their K-2 visas. Ask your consulate directly for the exact instructions on follow to join K-2 visa procedures.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

List them on the DS-160 and mark off that they will follow to join. I believe they will not pay their visa processing fees until it is time for them to actually apply for their K-2 visas. Ask your consulate directly for the exact instructions on follow to join K-2 visa procedures.

Thank you very much. God bless.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Here is some more information about K-2 visas from the DOS Nonimmigrant K-1 Visa FAQs:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#4

Agree with Jay-Kay, you should consult with your interviewing consulate/embassy for specific requirements/instructions.

Good luck.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Happy new year everyone.

Me and my fiance' are on the process of K1/K2 fiancee visa. I have 2 (two) kids (18yrs/14yrs) from my annulled marriage and won the custody.

My kids will just follow me to the states wihtin a year from the date of my visa (hopefully) approval...i am about to pay for my k1 fiancee visa and schedule for an interview..

MY QUESTION are: 1.)DO I NEED TO PAY FOR K2 visa also??????

2.) DO I HAVE TO SEPARATE THE PAYMENT UPON PAYING TO THE AFFILIATED BANK OF US EMBASSY?

hope somebody can share their ideas. thank you.

You only need to pay your visa fee at this time, you can pay for the kids later. Each visa application has to have a separate fee, DO NOT make payment for multiple visa fees with one payment.

Follow the flashing arrow for more details.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You didn't mention it, but I assume you sent the 129 fee with the packet?

For now, get to know the folks at the Phils portal. They will have good detailed info on how to proceed after your 129 is approved.

Average wait time right now NOA1 - NOA2 is 155 days, but that can vary case to case.

Also, keep your timeline up to date. right now it looks like you filed back in November, but you don;t have a NOA1 date yet.

Edited by slowlyman

You only need to pay your visa fee at this time, you can pay for the kids later. Each visa application has to have a separate fee, DO NOT make payment for multiple visa fees with one payment.

Follow the flashing arrow for more details.

thank u so much for that helpful reply, i have one question though :-) when should they have their medical? do they still have to go for an interview again? hope you can help me with this..thanks in advance and God Bless :-)

Here is some more information about K-2 visas from the DOS Nonimmigrant K-1 Visa FAQs:

Agree with Jay-Kay, you should consult with your interviewing consulate/embassy for specific requirements/instructions.

Good luck.

thank u so so much. god bless.

Good luck.

thanks alot for the info and for wishing me good luck...really need it :-)

Timeline

thank u so much for that helpful reply, i have one question though :-) when should they have their medical? do they still have to go for an interview again? hope you can help me with this..thanks in advance and God Bless :-)

Embassy suggests to do the medical about 5-7 days before the interview, but for sure don't do it too far in advance as the visa validity is tied to date of the medical.

Interview again? They won't have gone to their interview until the fee is paid and the appointment is scheduled.

Process for the K2 is the same as the K1.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/325288/packets/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_10%20October%202013_.pdf

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Embassy suggests to do the medical about 5-7 days before the interview, but for sure don't do it too far in advance as the visa validity is tied to date of the medical.

Interview again? They won't have gone to their interview until the fee is paid and the appointment is scheduled.

Process for the K2 is the same as the K1.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/325288/packets/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_10%20October%202013_.pdf

meaning, they will still have an interview like the K1 visa application procedure? Is this some kind of a formality and that they have to be seen by the consul physically? but that this mean chances are they will still be disapproved for a K2 Visa? :-(

please correct me if i'm wrong, this is what i understand: 1.) i'll include my K2 on my DS-160 and indicate "to follow"

2.) before 1 year ends or the date of my K1 visa approved will expire they have to follow me to the states

3.) example if they will follow me after 8mos. that's the time I will start the procedure as follows:

4.) payment for K2 visa and get a schedule for them for interview

5.) schedule a medical for them a week before the interview and the rest will follow like the CFO...

Thank you again for taking the time to reply. such a big help. God bless you.

Timeline

meaning, they will still have an interview like the K1 visa application procedure? Is this some kind of a formality and that they have to be seen by the consul physically? but that this mean chances are they will still be disapproved for a K2 Visa? :-(

please correct me if i'm wrong, this is what i understand:

1.) i'll include my K2 on my DS-160 and indicate "to follow"

That would be fine.

2.) before 1 year ends or the date of my K1 visa approved will expire they have to follow me to the state Per embassy instructions letter:

"Minor children who are identified and listed in the approved I-129F petition may follow-to-join their petitioned
parent. However, such follow-to-join K2 visas can only be issued within one year from the time the parent
was issued the K1 visa. After one (1) year, they will no longer be able to derive immigration benefits from the
I-129F petition and you or your spouse will have to file an immediate relative or second preference petition for
them to qualify again for immigration benefits. "

3.) example if they will follow me after 8mos. that's the time I will start the procedure as follows:

After 8 months would be very good. Read on page 4 of the embassy instructions letter. The K2 must be ISSUED within one year, so you have to start the process early enough to complete the interview and get approved within that time frame.

4.) payment for K2 visa and get a schedule for them for interview

This must be done early enough so that an interview date can be schedule before the 1 year deadline needed for issuance

5.) schedule a medical for them a week before the interview and the rest will follow like the CFO...

Yes for the medical and interview. CFO is dependent upon the age of the children, below a certain age they only need to be registered.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply. such a big help. God bless you.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hi there. i hope you don' t mind me asking you again.

me and my fiance' (petitioner) have a 4yr. old baby girl, she's already a US Citizen (born abroad) and got a US Passport. my questions are:

1.) do i have to take her with me on my interview date/day?

2.) do i need to include her on the DS-160m form as K2? i don't think so hehehe

my fiance' didn't include her in the I129-F petition since she's already is a US citizen..just really wanna ask..

thank u in advance god bless.

Timeline

Hi there. i hope you don' t mind me asking you again.

me and my fiance' (petitioner) have a 4yr. old baby girl, she's already a US Citizen (born abroad) and got a US Passport. my questions are:

1.) do i have to take her with me on my interview date/day?

2.) do i need to include her on the DS-160m form as K2? i don't think so hehehe

my fiance' didn't include her in the I129-F petition since she's already is a US citizen..just really wanna ask..

thank u in advance god bless.

1) No.

2) No

You are correct she is already a USC, as long as she has her U.S. passport she is good to go.

Don't forget BI for the exit clearance (tax) or waiver for your daughter.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.