16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am asking for my husband. I am a US Citizen but a little worried because we are days from sending our waiver and oir lawyer is telling us that we might get denied because I have no medical record what so ever and we have no kids yet...but come on who wants to risk it, having kids with out their father here? I am really scared we might really get denied. My husband has no criminal record and he has paid his taxes and all that. I have sent pictures of our wedding and several letters from friends and parents. I am not sure what to expect..please if you have been approved on your i601A share your story.=/

Mariana Alvarez

You would need to show that it would be a hardship to you (not your husband) for him to not be (re)admitted to the US.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

Yes I have given my extream hardship letter to my lawyer but I have no medical record and kids with my husband and almos all examples I have read have an extream medical record or kids...all I could think of was talking about Mexixo having all the violent and drug problems with cartels and all that mess. Specially from where my husband is from. His state is full of drug cartels and so many people are dying. Last week their was some woman dead due to the police fighting and shooting with the cartels. Ita just crazy in his place, so much violans and kidnapping.

Yes I have given my extream hardship letter to my lawyer but I have no medical record and kids with my husband and almos all examples I have read have an extream medical record or kids...all I could think of was talking about Mexixo having all the violent and drug problems with cartels and all that mess. Specially from where my husband is from. His state is full of drug cartels and so many people are dying. Last week their was some woman dead due to the police fighting and shooting with the cartels. Ita just crazy in his place, so much violans and kidnapping.

Mariana Alvarez

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Is him being in Mexico going to be a financial hardship? Do you have student loans that you are paying off? Do you have a house payment? That will also get looked at, if you have proof of all that, also if youcan show if he gets sick you will have to pay it out of pocket in mex. Him being in mex will reduce your income so you will have to support to households.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from CR- to Waivers forum for more answers *****

Violence in his country would only help if the whole country was that, and there are safe areas in Mexico you could move to together. You need to show it would be a hard ship on YOU, the US citizen, for him not to be allowed to immigrate.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

You must show how you will suffer if he is not permitted to immigrate AND that you cannot move to Mexico to be with him. How will you suffer if he is not here in the US? What prevents you from moving to Mexico?

I am asking for my husband. I am a US Citizen but a little worried because we are days from sending our waiver and oir lawyer is telling us that we might get denied because I have no medical record what so ever and we have no kids yet...but come on who wants to risk it, having kids with out their father here? I am really scared we might really get denied. My husband has no criminal record and he has paid his taxes and all that. I have sent pictures of our wedding and several letters from friends and parents. I am not sure what to expect..please if you have been approved on your i601A share your story.=/

Hi Mariana,

I'm wondering who requested your I601 waiver. Looks like your petition for your husband was approved already. Was this requested by the consulate in Mexico? The reason I'm asking is we may have to do a waiver too but no one has asked for it yet. And also, you seem to have all the reasons for a waiver, his living condition in Mexico and yours if you have to live there is not very safe for your family.

Timeline

Well we knew from the start that my husband was going to need a waiver because he entered the united states unsupervised and he stayed longer than he could of in the United States. If your husband did that also than he will too need to apply for a i601 waiver. But since march 4th 2013 peoe who havent left the country can stay here and wait for a response of acceptance without leaving the united states, and once ur waiver is approved his interview will be shecudeled Ana.

Mariana Alvarez

Timeline

***** Moving from CR- to Waivers forum for more answers *****

Violence in his country would only help if the whole country was that, and there are safe areas in Mexico you could move to together. You need to show it would be a hard ship on YOU, the US citizen, for him not to be allowed to immigrate.

Well almost very place in Mexico are having drug and violence problems, but I was trying to be specific that the state where he is from is extremely going down as of right now too. many innocent people dying thanks to just lost bullets flying around and a recent friend of my husband was shot in the head twice. there are armed people everywhere just taking care of who comes in an who goes out if you look new to town or suspicious you will be killed. my husbands parents are trapped in the town because they are not being allowed to leave by the armed people. And lets just say we were to find a place in Mexico to live they job rate there is very low to sustain a family, I have never lived in Mexico and I would not be able to get an decent job because of status in Mexico. I have no Mexican papers. All this will b new to me and am sure if we were to Michoacán, Mexico I would suffer very much, I mean who would enjoy moving to a place where the drug cartels are always fighting for their drug and taking over town even killing federal police. for the past year I cant help just think about all that, we are very scared to start a family in a place full of violence like that, and we desire to form a family very soon, but the situation right now is not the best.

Mariana Alvarez

Maybe you've already sent this in, but what is your occupation? Another hardship could be the lack of that occupation in Mexico, lack of chance for advancement, having to re-certify, etc. Are there threats to people in your occupation? For example, I am a teacher and my husband is from El Salvador. I have articles showing that teachers are specifically targeted for extortion and death threats.

Also, do you have ANY medical conditions that predate your marriage, even allergies? I actually have quite a few medical issues, but some that might be common and I am including are ovarian cysts, gluten intolerance and bee allergy. Comb through your medical records since childhood.

Good luck!

9/2010 Met mi amor
3/2013 Mi amor was picked up by ICE
5/26/2013 Married
6/12/2013 NOA1
8/20/2013 Master Calendar Hearing postponed
10/1/2013 MCH postponed again due to shutdown! More time for USCIS to process I-130 before mi amor has to take VD.
12/24/2013 Case transferred to CSC (60 days is 2/22/14)
1/23/2014 USCIS transfer notice 2 back to NBC (Lee's Summit)
1/27-28 USCIS transfer notice 3, 4 & 5 - eventually lands in TSC
2/19/2014 New MCH hearing. Voluntary departure by June 19, 2014.
6/6/2014 Finally have the I-130 interview. Approved on the spot! NOA2
6/17/2014 Mi amor left to comply with voluntary departure order... :cry:

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

compare the salary you have in the US and that you would have in Mexico.

Show the index of infant mortality in Mexico comparing with US

Because I assume you want to have kids in the future.

send them the health system index comparing both countries

Send them proof of Mexico rate crimes comparing with US

Language barrier ,if you don't speak Spanish

Credit card debit,student loan you will be unable to pay if you move to Mexico

if your parents have any disease such as diabetes,cancer,suffered stroke and if he or she needs your help to take he or she to the doctor appt,shopping for them,helping he or she with daily duties

I am an attorney,and your lawyer supposed to write down the hardship letter not you. I am using my phone sorry for the misspeled words. I have several cases approved and the aliens didn't have kids too.

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

my case is different because i do have kids,how ever i would like to share

what our lawyer ask to prove the hardship for my husband

she recommended my husband to visit a phsycologist

just to have a diognostic on how he would suffer the separation

in case that my waiver was denied,she also ask for

my husbands family members tht could have any illness

that this situation could put my husband in a hard place because he would like to be with his family

in case that this sickness get worse but at the same time he would like to be with me and our kids

he used a letter from his father's doctor explaining his father medical

conditions in your case could be your parents,brothers and pr sisters,we also put

affidavit letters from family members who can testify about pur marriage

and our life style,you could use letters from your coworkers and

manager (s) testifiying that you have a great opportunity to grow in the company

where you work,this are the ideas i can give you I hope this help you !!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Having kids isn't a key factor to waivers approval. it depends on how you demonstrate the hardship you would face living without him/her, moving to his country if the waiver is not approved and the reasons you need him/her in the states. you can build your case on financial ground , loss of employment, education and security issue in your spouse country. it depends on how you could balance the argument the reason you want your spouse in the states and you could not move to his/her country. The adjudicator knows that not all would have health issues. if a waiver could be granted to fiancee that are yet to be married why not married couples without kids? you need a better attorney for best result. Best of luck.

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.