Dunaway

Duplicate file accepted for i129f

10 posts in this topic

Hello, I got an rfe for i129f on dec23. Im the USC it was for my passport, birth certificate, divorce papers and biographic info which was already sent. At either rate before I got the rfe on the same day I called to get status on the service request that was done on oct 12 and file transferred to Nebraska on oct 23. I was told no info schedule info pass. That same evening I get text about rfe. On dec 26 I called to find out if they could tell me what was needed so I could prepare I was told wait for letter. That evening I checked my mail had the rfe.

Today I get an email my file is in acceptance stage and normally 2 business days will get receipt number. It said it was a duplicate file. I did not file duplicate and hadn't even sent info on rfe yet. When I spoke with tier2 today I was told problems with software and the weather is bad it's really cold. Everything is fine and my i130 is fine also just respond to rfe.

My questions how could she see anything going on with i130 and only gave info for i29f? Why back to acceptance stage? Thanks to any help or comments if happened to you.

Hello, I got an rfe for i129f on dec23. Im the USC it was for my passport, birth certificate, divorce papers and biographic info which was already sent. At either rate before I got the rfe on the same day I called to get status on the service request that was done on oct 12 and file transferred to Nebraska on oct 23. I was told no info schedule info pass. That same evening I get text about rfe. On dec 26 I called to find out if they could tell me what was needed so I could prepare I was told wait for letter. That evening I checked my mail had the rfe.

Today I get an email my file is in acceptance stage and normally 2 business days will get receipt number. It said it was a duplicate file. I did not file duplicate and hadn't even sent info on rfe yet. When I spoke with tier2 today I was told problems with software and the weather is bad it's really cold. Everything is fine and my i130 is fine also just respond to rfe.

My questions how could she see anything going on with i130 and only gave info for i29f? Why back to acceptance stage? Thanks to any help or comments if happened to you.

Can anyone help me with this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

There is your answer, wait for the RFE and give them what they want.

Right I just didn't believe that because Its the second time they tell me computer glitch for my i129 f. The first time is when I got your alien number has been changed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Forget about the I-129F. They will process both the I-130 and I-129F at the same time.

Once you respond to the RFE and they get what they asked for, they will approve both of them at the same time and move both of them to the NVC where the I-129F will be administratively closed since the I-130 is the superior visa process. Nothing to worry about

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Forget about the I-129F. They will process both the I-130 and I-129F at the same time.

Once you respond to the RFE and they get what they asked for, they will approve both of them at the same time and move both of them to the NVC where the I-129F will be administratively closed since the I-130 is the superior visa process. Nothing to worry about

Thank you!

Right I just didn't believe that because Its the second time they tell me computer glitch for my i129 f. The first time is when I got your alien number has been changed.

Oh well that's not a computer glitch... the I-129F always gets an A# assigned.

Like the other poster said, you're likely to end up on the CR1 path anyhow. :) Prepare for the NVC stages as much as possible.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.