Neverdrift12

No appointments available for manila embassy

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Jeff, Hank, Anyone! This is crazy. This is absolutely INSANE. OK, I need some help before I really lose it.

Jeff, I have installed your add-on, set it up, and now for the first time I am seeing dates. One at a time. Randomly, throughout 24 hours. More than half a dozen since yesterday. (note, the same June 9 date has appeared 4 times so far.)

No matter the date, they are GONE in less than a minute!

I have re-set C4C to refresh every 15 seconds, and a few minutes ago a good date appeared and it was GONE in less time than I could click continue and get to the calendar page!!!

Is there some "auto-grab-this-date" that I am missing? Even if I see a date come up, and respond immediately, it is gone before I finish clicking through.

Hank: OK, maybe I am doing something wrong. Help me out here. Because from what I see it is entirely possible for someone to be ready to book an appointment and to NEVER EVER even see an appointment slot come up and to wait six months for something that is never there long enough for them to ever even know that it was there. Or, like me, to be patient and to see date after date come up and then be gone before even being able to book it.

(Sort of like John 5:1-15. Yeah, I want to get well! lol!)

If I just had a date I could go to the bathroom, or out to do some food shopping, but I am sitting by this thing 24-7, see a random date every 3-4 hours, and have not ever been able to book one. How are people doing it????

Thanks so much.

Edited by Keith&Larpi

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Only option is to stay vigilant ... lots of people sitting there watching for a date to pop up.

Most I am sure are sitting at their computers on the dashboard screen watching for a date to appear and then click "continue to calendar" with lightning fast fingers.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Jeff, Hank, Anyone! This is crazy. This is absolutely INSANE. OK, I need some help before I really lose it.

Jeff, I have installed your add-on, set it up, and now for the first time I am seeing dates. One at a time. Randomly, throughout 24 hours. More than half a dozen since yesterday. (note, the same June 9 date has appeared 4 times so far.)

No matter the date, they are GONE in less than a minute!

I have re-set C4C to refresh every 15 seconds, and a few minutes ago a good date appeared and it was GONE in less time than I could click continue and get to the calendar page!!!

Is there some "auto-grab-this-date" that I am missing? Even if I see a date come up, and respond immediately, it is gone before I finish clicking through.

I had the same frustration before I got lucky a couple of days ago. I had the exact same thing happen on Saturday morning. My C4C alert went off and I checked within 10 seconds and the appointment was gone. I think there is just a ton of extra pressure on June cancellations right now because July hasn't been fully opened up, yet (to my knowledge). When I got my appointment on Sunday, it helped that they opened up several dates in June and July at the same time.

Just think of it this way...you're already at a big advantage over the majority of people who are looking for an appointment because you're checking so often. I know the stress you're feeling. It's awful. You'll get yours soon!

Service Center : California Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2014-04-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-04-09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-04-23

Interview Date : 2014-06-09

Interview Result : Approved

US Entry : 2014-07-19

Wedding : 2014-10-04

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is this the screen I need to monitor?

Yes that is the page to monitor, watch the left side of the dashboard (the blank space) for a date to appear, when a date appears there you can then click to continue to the calendar and if no one has grabbed that date, or if there are multiple dates available the calendar will finally be available for selecting an appointment date.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Which page do i need to monitor using C4C? I know you've mentioned dashboard. So is it where the Visa info, Fee payment are located. Or is it the actual page where the appointment dates would show up when you click continue?

Thank you

If you're using C4C, hit control-A to select all on the page. It should alert you when there is any change to the page. The only alerts I got were when the page was unavailable and when an appointment was showing.

Service Center : California Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2014-04-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-04-09

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-04-23

Interview Date : 2014-06-09

Interview Result : Approved

US Entry : 2014-07-19

Wedding : 2014-10-04

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Fellow VJers, don't give up...it's really true, we've been trying for 2 weeks straight! Almost ready to give up when an appt showed up around 12:50 pm Manila time for 24 June. today. I just kept the laptop runnin hot & refreshed every 5 seconds or so (yup, i did it the old fashioned way). It was tedious and often times I would just fall asleep waiting, but if you can set it up where you can watch TV and have a laptop or tablet in front of you, then that might help keep oneself from getting bored. Yup, it sucks, but persistence & whole lotta patience will pay off in the end. Good Luck!

C4C is a good tool to use but as you can see from the different threads more and more applicants are catching on and using the program to help them get their appointment. Everyone is chasing for a date and now it is becoming the luck of the draw. We have never seen it this bad before, but having said that I have not been on here as long as others ie Hank.

I can appreciate what you going through. As you know, this is the only way your going to get through to get a visa. So don't give up.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.