SoCalMark

Incredibly FAST Processing

59 posts in this topic

So as we can see "they" can process these apps quickly if they want to.

Gowan,

Come on now. Let's be reasonable. I really don't think "they" are intentionally processing any applications slower on purpose. But when there is a crisis, such as occurred in the Philippines, with over 7000 dead, perhaps more than 1 million homeless...adults and children are going without food, water, shelter and supplies I think we as Americans should step up and help. I think it's fine that Filipino's files are being expedited. Let's have a heart.

(Disclaimer, My wife is here with me now in the US. We were fortunate in that from our initial filing until the day she landed on American soil was just 8 months. But I still think I would understand if we had to wait longer so others could get out and to the US sooner.)

Hauoli Makahiki Hou

I think the problems is...... the typhoon is kind of recent.... All of us who have been waiting just about 9 months are angry because they really could have processed the I-130's in a reasonable timeframe so there wouldn't be a backlog and then the expedites due to the typhoon wouldn't be such a big deal.... its nothing against the victims.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Gowan,

Come on now. Let's be reasonable. I really don't think "they" are intentionally processing any applications slower on purpose. But when there is a crisis, such as occurred in the Philippines, with over 7000 dead, perhaps more than 1 million homeless...adults and children are going without food, water, shelter and supplies I think we as Americans should step up and help. I think it's fine that Filipino's files are being expedited. Let's have a heart.

(Disclaimer, My wife is here with me now in the US. We were fortunate in that from our initial filing until the day she landed on American soil was just 8 months. But I still think I would understand if we had to wait longer so others could get out and to the US sooner.)

Hauoli Makahiki Hou

Maybe they're not processing the rest of us slower *on purpose*...but they certainly don't appear to have any kind of motivation to process us any faster. As many have observed before, the problem with this system is that there is effectively zero accountability. They have their goal time of 5 months, but if they take longer, we applicants just have to bear it - there is nothing we can do about it, and they suffer no consequences of any kind, so they have no real motivation to ensure their goal is met.

I think it's fantastic that they are approving these people so fast, but it *does* show when they have the motivation to do so (and certainly this will make some good PR for them), they can. Why should it take a horrible natural disaster to actually force the USCIS to work quickly and efficiently?

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

09/08/2013 - I-130 Priority Date
02/26/2014 - RFE
03/10/2014 - RFE sent
03/26/2014 - NOA2 date

04/08/2014 - NVC received
05/08/2014 - Case number assigned
05/12/2014 - DS-261 Completed
05/13/2014 - AOS paid
05/22/2014 - AOS pack sent
06/13/2014 - IV Paid,Finally!
06/14/2014 - IV pack sent
06/17/2014 - DS-260 completed
06/22/2014 - IV pack scan date
07/01/2014 - AOS checklist
07/02/2014 - Checklist Reply sent
07/09/2014 - Checklist scan date
08/22/2014 - Case Completed!

09/08/2014 - Case left the NVC
09/10/2014 - Case is ready
09/10/2014 - Interview letter received
10/20/2014 - Medical Appointment
10/29/2014 - Interview day ...

Maybe they're not processing the rest of us slower *on purpose*...but they certainly don't appear to have any kind of motivation to process us any faster. As many have observed before, the problem with this system is that there is effectively zero accountability. They have their goal time of 5 months, but if they take longer, we applicants just have to bear it - there is nothing we can do about it, and they suffer no consequences of any kind, so they have no real motivation to ensure their goal is met.

I think it's fantastic that they are approving these people so fast, but it *does* show when they have the motivation to do so (and certainly this will make some good PR for them), they can. Why should it take a horrible natural disaster to actually force the USCIS to work quickly and efficiently?

and they took away all our resources. We can't even put in a service request because they reported that they are working on Feb 13th. Anything after that just has to sit and frigging wait... The Ombudsman won't even touch the complaint if you filed after Feb 13th. but as we sit here on VJ, we see the approvals all over the place... May, June July... Sept and the typhoon victims.... etc... it is very depressing

I still think this service should be bid on every year or every 3 years. If they can't produce results, then it goes out to another bidder... Right now, they have ZERO accountability. They do whatever they want yet they claim they work in order. They claim that keeping families together is their number one priority...... REALLY? AM I MISSING SOMETHING????????

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

It's nice to hear that USCIS is looking out for the people that were hurt by that terrible typhoon. I hope they have a happy life filled with little worry!

Marriage: March 4, 2013

I-130 sent: April 11, 2013

NOA1: April 15, 2013

I-130 approved (NOA2): January 6, 2014

NVC Received: January 27, 2014

AOS Bill Generated: March 11, 2014

AOS Bill Paid: March 11, 2014

AOS Package Sent: March 12, 2014

IV Bill Generated: March 25, 2014

IV Bill Paid: March 25, 2014

IV Package Sent: March 25, 2014

D-260 Completed: March 26, 2014

Case Complete: April 9, 2014

Interview Scheduled: April 15, 2014

Interview rescheduled: April 28, 2014

Perhaps you are misunderstanding me. I suspect that the staff at USCIS and NVC are overwhelmed with applications. A person can only do so much in a day. I would disagree that no one has any accountability. There are staff members, supervisors, managers, etc... You know the old saying, "S**t rolls uphill" That being said, imagine yourself with stacks of applications on your desk. Now imagine your supervisor coming along and saying, "Hey thoushands of people have died in the Philippines. Give the Philippine applicants priority. This after what, a couple million other apps that were given priority by someone way higher up for illegals already here. I suspect these people at these agencies are doing there best. I do not think they are sitting around all day.

Hauoli Makahiki Hou

I am confused too....I just want them to forward all paperwork to Manila Embassy. I will provide my wife with all paperwork......I just want my wife out of filipines. Plus USEF needs to hire more interviews and back up

workers....I hear nothing about that

and they took away all our resources. We can't even put in a service request because they reported that they are working on Feb 13th. Anything after that just has to sit and frigging wait... The Ombudsman won't even touch the complaint if you filed after Feb 13th. but as we sit here on VJ, we see the approvals all over the place... May, June July... Sept and the typhoon victims.... etc... it is very depressing

I still think this service should be bid on every year or every 3 years. If they can't produce results, then it goes out to another bidder... Right now, they have ZERO accountability. They do whatever they want yet they claim they work in order. They claim that keeping families together is their number one priority...... REALLY? AM I MISSING SOMETHING????????

With all due respect what makes you believe that no one is accountable??

They should just hire more people to work on the backlog, even temporarily or just until they get caught up. There's no way that they'll be able to catch up iff they don't do anything drastic. It's not like the applications are slowing down or getting fewer.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

They should just hire more people to work on the backlog, even temporarily or just until they get caught up. There's no way that they'll be able to catch up iff they don't do anything drastic. It's not like the applications are slowing down or getting fewer.

I agree 100% but do you have any idea how long it takes for government agencies to get money appropriated, and to screen and hire new employees, etc...?

Taking this service out of the US govt would be a horrible mistake. No one is more concerned about the US government's safety than the actual US govt. A for profit organization would always cut corners to maximize profit.

I am happy they are expediting the Philippines cases.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Taking this service out of the US govt would be a horrible mistake. No one is more concerned about the US government's safety than the actual US govt. A for profit organization would always cut corners to maximize profit.

I am happy they are expediting the Philippines cases.

Amen to both comments!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Perhaps you are misunderstanding me. I suspect that the staff at USCIS and NVC are overwhelmed with applications. A person can only do so much in a day. I would disagree that no one has any accountability. There are staff members, supervisors, managers, etc... You know the old saying, "S**t rolls uphill" That being said, imagine yourself with stacks of applications on your desk. Now imagine your supervisor coming along and saying, "Hey thoushands of people have died in the Philippines. Give the Philippine applicants priority. This after what, a couple million other apps that were given priority by someone way higher up for illegals already here. I suspect these people at these agencies are doing there best. I do not think they are sitting around all day.

Hauoli Makahiki Hou

If there is accountability, where is the evidence of it? What happens when they fail to attain their 5 month goal? As far as anyone can tell, nothing whatsoever. If there was some real accountability, I am certain we'd see things moving along at a very brisk pace. And let's not forget that they do speedy processing not just for victims of natural disasters. Look around here and you'll see they also pick out random people and approve them more quickly in order to keep their average processing time down. Most of us are now looking at nearly a year just to reach the NOA2, which is absolutely unacceptable. I also don't think their staffers sit around all day - I'm sure most are professional and diligent. But it really does not seem that the leadership of the USCIS sees the rapid and humane reunion of US citizens with their family members as any kind of priority.

I agree 100% but do you have any idea how long it takes for government agencies to get money appropriated, and to screen and hire new employees, etc...?

While they would indeed have to hire new employees, they wouldn't need an appropriation. USCIS is almost completely funded by fees - that's right, we are paying their salaries directly. And because they are the only way to get your spouse or family to America legally, we have to shell out for it and take whatever service we get in return, no matter how poor. So all they have to do is increase the fees a bit, and then they have the budget for more employees. And I guarantee you that everyone on this board would be more than happy to pay 10% or 20% more if it meant we didn't have to endure these absurd delays.

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

09/08/2013 - I-130 Priority Date
02/26/2014 - RFE
03/10/2014 - RFE sent
03/26/2014 - NOA2 date

04/08/2014 - NVC received
05/08/2014 - Case number assigned
05/12/2014 - DS-261 Completed
05/13/2014 - AOS paid
05/22/2014 - AOS pack sent
06/13/2014 - IV Paid,Finally!
06/14/2014 - IV pack sent
06/17/2014 - DS-260 completed
06/22/2014 - IV pack scan date
07/01/2014 - AOS checklist
07/02/2014 - Checklist Reply sent
07/09/2014 - Checklist scan date
08/22/2014 - Case Completed!

09/08/2014 - Case left the NVC
09/10/2014 - Case is ready
09/10/2014 - Interview letter received
10/20/2014 - Medical Appointment
10/29/2014 - Interview day ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.