Saylin

NVC Filers - January 2014

1,993 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hey guys, I was just able to make the payment for AOS. Should I mail the AOS package now or wait for anything else?

We made the payment last Thursday, today is still "in processing" and it has not yet been cleared from bank account.

I suggest you sending the package once your bank clear the payment.

This may have been answered already, but I did not find it in a quick perusal: after filing the online DS-260, how long does one normally have to wait before the IV fee can be paid? I filed the DS-260 on January 10th.

​Thanks!

*DS-261, not DS-260

And the DS-261 has to be received, accepted, and then added to the casefile. After all that, it can still be a few days before the IV bill is invoiced. What's the status of your DS-261 when you call NVC?

I don't remember where but in one of the threads somebody suggested that the petitioner start calling NVC everyday for a case number. Every day? Really? That sounds a bit crazy, for lack of a better word. Is there a reason for calling EVERY DAY? Wouldn't once a week be enough?

TIA

You can call (or not) as often as YOU want. If you don't want to call every day, then don't. It's merely a suggestion to stay as up to date as possible on your case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

NVC received case 1/13, meaning that it is in their building. How long should I wait till case number is assigned? Also anyone have knowledge regarding medical examination at the London embassy? Does my husband wait till the interview date to make an appointment, or can he go get his medical exam done once he gets the case number?

Our Case was Received on Jan.13 as well..anyone have an Idea on how long until we recevice the In-Voice E-mail

(we are using a Lawyer)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Our Case was Received on Jan.13 as well..anyone have an Idea on how long until we recevice the In-Voice E-mail

(we are using a Lawyer)

Today I received my first email from NVC to fill out DS-261 and AOS invoice. My case was received at NVC on Dec 9th. I hope that helps. I did fill out DS-261 yesterday, if you wait for NVC to contact you then it will take little longer, it is suggested that you try calling them over the phone. good luck

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Today I received my first email from NVC to fill out DS-261 and AOS invoice. My case was received at NVC on Dec 9th. I hope that helps. I did fill out DS-261 yesterday, if you wait for NVC to contact you then it will take little longer, it is suggested that you try calling them over the phone. good luck

WOW!That was quick for you Guy's,I hope our's comes that soon..We are using a Lawyer so N.V.C.has His E-Mail and will send it to him(no ds-261),Lawyer will forward it to me,to pay

Thanks for the Reply...

NVC received case 1/13, meaning that it is in their building. How long should I wait till case number is assigned? Also anyone have knowledge regarding medical examination at the London embassy? Does my husband wait till the interview date to make an appointment, or can he go get his medical exam done once he gets the case number?

It took us about two weeks to get ours assigned (check out signature for exact dates). I believe to get the medical in the UK you only need your case number, but it's different for other countries. So you can get it any time up to 5 business days before the interview. But it has to be at Knightsbridge Doctors in London. My husband is just going to wait until before the interview so he doesn't have to take two trips down to London, but if your husband lives nearby, go for it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Husband and I were looking over the questions on a sample DS-260 to prep for eventually having to fill it out. He's a little concerned because the form asks for the name and phone number of his current supervisor. Problem is, his supervisor knows nothing about this visa application, and for obvious reasons, we'd rather they not find out about this plan until he actually gives his notice. Which he doesn't plan on doing until we have an interview scheduled.

Does anyone know if they actually contact current employers to verify employment?

ROUND 1:

29 Aug 2011 - Started dating

05 Oct 2012 - SO's J-1 visa expires, returns to Germany

21 Dec 2012 - Engaged in Germany
21 Mar 2013 - Married in US
26 Mar 2013 - Husband returns to Germany (again)

12 Apr 2013 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

19 Apr 2013 - NOA1 received (notice date 4/16/2013)

11 Dec 2013 - NOA2
16 Dec 2013 - Hard copy NOA2 received
22 Jan 2014 - Received Case # and IIN from NVC - we're in the system!

21 Mar 2014 - CASE COMPLETE!! (received info by calling NVC on 24 March)

06 May 2014 - interview date

16 May 2014 - POE

ROUND 2: I-751 process - just getting started!

18 Apr 2016 - I-751 packet sent to California Service Center

28 Apr 2016 - money order cashed

02 May 2016 - NOA1 received - phew!

16 May 2016 - biometrics appt

Husband and I were looking over the questions on a sample DS-260 to prep for eventually having to fill it out. He's a little concerned because the form asks for the name and phone number of his current supervisor. Problem is, his supervisor knows nothing about this visa application, and for obvious reasons, we'd rather they not find out about this plan until he actually gives his notice. Which he doesn't plan on doing until we have an interview scheduled.

Does anyone know if they actually contact current employers to verify employment?

I highly doubt they'd contact employers for IR-1/CR-1 visa applicants. Probably for work visas, but I don't see why they would for spousal visas.

GoLdEnSkY99, on 15 Jan 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:snapback.png

Also I just received an email from NVC to pay AOS fee but when I log in to payment portal it's still giving me error of termination for past two days. I know this error means good thing but since they have already send me an email to pay why can't i log in?

And same for me too. This morning I received the invoice for the $88 Affidavit of Support fee, but when I follow their directions, that red box is still there. I called NVC and the lady told me to do a screen shot of the error page and send it to nvcinquiry@state.gov, but I hesitate, because maybe it just takes a little while to all shake out or something. Since Saylin mentioned it on the first page, I'm thinking maybe there's a bit of a delay between the invoicing and the availability of the portal to pay.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

And same for me too. This morning I received the invoice for the $88 Affidavit of Support fee, but when I follow their directions, that red box is still there. I called NVC and the lady told me to do a screen shot of the error page and send it to nvcinquiry@state.gov, but I hesitate, because maybe it just takes a little while to all shake out or something. Since Saylin mentioned it on the first page, I'm thinking maybe there's a bit of a delay between the invoicing and the availability of the portal to pay.

Don't bother emailing them a screenshot, you're just going to clog their system up even more. It'll right itself out within a few days. This is common with all cases. Just be patient ;)

Timeline

I just tried logging back in and it works now. keep trying.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Good advice, Saylin. I'll just sit tight and wait a bit, since now it shows up for Goldensky.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

hello, would like ask about my cr2 son immigrant visa, what was his requirement to submit in his iv package since he is 4 years old yet?...

we are done on AOS bill now and mailing the AOS package to NVC.

wondering if in the iv package,can the original copies just scanned it and print it then submit it to mail in the NVC accepted?

anyones idea is greatly appreciated. thanks ahead.

Timeline

Has anyone experienced an error when you pay the AOS fee? After I submit the payment it gave me error, so I logged out and logged back in and now it says fee in process unsure.png

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Has anyone experienced an error when you pay the AOS fee? After I submit the payment it gave me error, so I logged out and logged back in and now it says fee in process unsure.png

Same here...

I was using Chrome!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.