Saylin

NVC Filers - January 2014

1,993 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys, I was just able to make the payment for AOS. Should I mail the AOS package now or wait for anything else?

I would wait until it shows paid on ceac or at least the payment clears your bank.

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Maybe, maybe not.

To check it -

go back from a PC running Winders and IE V 7 or better (as that website was designed for IE 7 or better).

I handled all of our stuff with Opera Web Browser on an XP Pro machine, and it all worked.

Thanks Darnell. I checked it using IE and it was still the same. I called nvc and the lady said it is still not available.. Hopefully tomorrow :) Edited by krispykreme

08.24.2013 - got married in the Philippines!

09.25.2013 - NOA1 via email

11.18.2013 - requested expedite due to typhoon

12.02.2013 - CFO seminar

12.12.2013 - I-130 approved, NOA2 via email (never transferred); shipped to NVC

12.30.2013 - NVC received the case

01.06.2014 - requested expedite due to typhoon and PCS

01.08.2014 - Case # and IIN; submitted DS-261; NVC asked for 2 contact #s of beneficiary

01.09.2014 - AOS fee billed

01.14.2014 - AOS fee showed paid

01.15.2014 - IV fee billed; expedite approved

01.18.2014 - sent AOS package

01.22.2014 - IV fee showed paid; AOS arrived at NVC as per UPS (10:18am by FNU)

01.24.2014 - sent IV package

01.27.2014 - submitted DS-260; IV docs delivered to NVC as per DHL (10:52am by PETERS G)

01.29.2014 - CASE COMPLETE (via phonecall)

01.30.2014 - received checklist for Dutch Police Record (VOG) via email

01.31.2014 - left NVC, sent to embassy

02.04.2014 - received at embassy, READY as per CEAC

02.10-11.2014 - medical done, passed!

02.24.2014 - interview: APPROVED!!

02.27.2014 - Received SMS from 2Go, ready for pick up

02.28.2014 - visa on hand; CFO sticker

03.01.2014 - paid ELIS

03.06.2014 - POE Hawaii...Aloooohaaa! :)

04.10.2014 - 2yr green card received

Timeline

Please study the I-864 instructions again.

You misunderstood. I know it is required for I-864 at NVC stage but I was asking if it was required at interview?

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanku...!!!

I would wait until it shows paid on ceac or at least the payment clears your bank.

Mar 07, 2013 : NOA 1

Nov 19, 2013 : Request for Evidence mail received

Nov 25, 2013 : Documents send in response to RFE

Dec 03, 2013 : NOA 2 ( I 130 approved)

Dec 09, 2013 : Case reached NVC

Jan 08, 2014 : NVC assigned Case Number

Jan 15, 2014 : Paid I 864 (AOS) bill online

Jan 16, 2014 : Completed DS 261 (choice of agent) online

Jan 21, 2014 : Express mailed AOS package

Jan 27, 2014 : Paid DS 260 bill online

Jan 29, 2014 : Express mailed DS 260 civil docs

Jan 29, 2014 : Submitted DS 260 online

Feb 13, 2014 : Received False checklist for civil docs by email

Feb 24, 2014 : Case Complete

April 14, 2014 : Interview. YAY!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

uhm...so the NVC received our case...from USCIS..next is waiting for them to assign case number ClockWatch2.gif .. and after that they will send us both AOS bill and immigrant fee together.. since we have attorney/paralegal..and we don't have to fill up that form for assigning an agent...?

Although you wrote stuff in the form of a question,

it really is a declarative statement.

Loose the question mark, and yer golden.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I don't remember where but in one of the threads somebody suggested that the petitioner start calling NVC everyday for a case number. Every day? Really? That sounds a bit crazy, for lack of a better word. Is there a reason for calling EVERY DAY? Wouldn't once a week be enough?

TIA

Eh - all depends on which USCIS service center approved yer I-130. All of them have to create the A-File after approval (this is a scanning process, fwiw) and it takes time.

If you were approved at a local office, expect a longish wait.

I can't remember which service center is the slowest at the moment for sending stuff out the door after A-File creation, but

since things are slow after approval at USCIS, once a week , calling into NVC, seems best at the moment.

I do miss the days of 1 week transit after I-130 approval. It was this 1 week transit that deserved the 'call daily' action phrase. :(

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

You misunderstood. I know it is required for I-864 at NVC stage but I was asking if it was required at interview?

OK - some clarity -

everything you submit into NVC gets added to the casefile,

and is shipped off to the IV Unit. Since the IV Unit has it already, prior to interview day, why to make another step for yerself ?

The ONLY reason to submit new tax data or current annual income data to the IV Unit on interview day is:

1. new tax year transpired, past 15 April 2014 or

2. primary sponser has change of job showing different/more income

Timeline

OK - some clarity -

everything you submit into NVC gets added to the casefile,

and is shipped off to the IV Unit. Since the IV Unit has it already, prior to interview day, why to make another step for yerself ?

The ONLY reason to submit new tax data or current annual income data to the IV Unit on interview day is:

1. new tax year transpired, past 15 April 2014 or

2. primary sponser has change of job showing different/more income

Thanks smile.png

What if i apply for extension to file my 2013 tax? will they ask for that at interview? I am planning to file it once my wife gets here. I am just hoping we would get to interview before April 15th but just in case

appreciate it

Edited by GoLdEnSkY99

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Timeline

you need to identify which bucket yer 2013 tax year info falls into, then act accordingly.

Timeline

you need to identify which bucket yer 2013 tax year info falls into, then act accordingly.

I am sorry this might sound stupid but what do you mean by bucket year? If you don't mind explaining to me.

Also I just received an email from NVC to pay AOS fee but when I log in to payment portal it's still giving me error of termination for past two days. I know this error means good thing but since they have already send me an email to pay why can't i log in?

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Timeline

bucket !

there are 2.

1. tax data for prior years or

2. current annual income.

[apologies, I write colloquilly sometimes, yer=your, here]

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

If it says ISSUED in ceac status and says visa printed.Does it mean that that person is approved(interview succesfull) or does it have another meaning? Just checking some case nos for the interview scheduled list for JAN for Mumbai consulates..getting lot of Issued cases for CR1.

Looks like my question got lost somewhere in the crowd. Reposting.

Timeline

Also I just received an email from NVC to pay AOS fee but when I log in to payment portal it's still giving me error of termination for past two days. I know this error means good thing but since they have already send me an email to pay why can't i log in?

Same here

NVC received case 1/13, meaning that it is in their building. How long should I wait till case number is assigned? Also anyone have knowledge regarding medical examination at the London embassy? Does my husband wait till the interview date to make an appointment, or can he go get his medical exam done once he gets the case number?

Edited by theluckygirl

NOA 1- March 25, 2013

NOA 2- Dec 23, 2013

Dec 27, 2013 Case shipped from NSC to NVC

Case in NVC building-Jan 13,2013

National Visa Center Processing

Case # and IIN- 02/14/2014

DS-261 completed: 2/19/2014

AOS Invoiced and shows IN PROGRESS: 2/20/2014

AOS shows PAID: 2/24/2014 AOS- packet added to the case: 3/17/2014

DS 261 Accepted: 03/20/2014IV fee yellow triangle with exclamation mark seen on CEAC- 03/18/2014

IV fee available to pay and shows IN PROGRESS: 3/20/2014

IV packet received by NVC 03/7/2014

IV packet FALSE checklist-(Checklist shows: I need to complete the DS 261 form): 03/17/2014

IV Packet FALSE checklist (Checklist shows: pay IV fee): 3/20/2014

IV fee shows PAID 3/24/2014IV packet accepted 3/24/2014 (all civil documents reviewed per NVC rep 4/1, currently waiting on DS 260 to be reviewed)

DS-260 - SUBMITTED 3/25/2014

Checklist for Court record and Indian PCC- April

Submitted Court Record document and NVC scanned into system- 4/23
NVC received Indian PCC at their door on 5/9/2014
PCC scanned into system- 5/12/2014
Mysterious Second Package scanned into system- 5/16/2014
Case complete- 06/11/2014
interview Date: 07/08/2014 changed from 7/15/14
delivery of Child #1- 6/11/2014
Medical Completed 4/4/2014 at knightsbridge doctors

Timeline

Same here

I think our files are joined and moving on same pace

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.