Saylin

NVC Filers - January 2014

1,993 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Tax return transcript is required at interview or only if they ask for it?

Edited by GoLdEnSkY99

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Government websites are designed for IE and IE only. If they work in other browsers, it's a bonus for them, but the programmers don't bother checking if it works or not in other browsers, just IE. Which is why I suggest using IE for the payment portal and online forms.

And good luck. It's no guarantee they'll accept your request, but it's worth a shot.

Alrighty! Thanks, Saylin! Will try it on IE later :)

08.24.2013 - got married in the Philippines!

09.25.2013 - NOA1 via email

11.18.2013 - requested expedite due to typhoon

12.02.2013 - CFO seminar

12.12.2013 - I-130 approved, NOA2 via email (never transferred); shipped to NVC

12.30.2013 - NVC received the case

01.06.2014 - requested expedite due to typhoon and PCS

01.08.2014 - Case # and IIN; submitted DS-261; NVC asked for 2 contact #s of beneficiary

01.09.2014 - AOS fee billed

01.14.2014 - AOS fee showed paid

01.15.2014 - IV fee billed; expedite approved

01.18.2014 - sent AOS package

01.22.2014 - IV fee showed paid; AOS arrived at NVC as per UPS (10:18am by FNU)

01.24.2014 - sent IV package

01.27.2014 - submitted DS-260; IV docs delivered to NVC as per DHL (10:52am by PETERS G)

01.29.2014 - CASE COMPLETE (via phonecall)

01.30.2014 - received checklist for Dutch Police Record (VOG) via email

01.31.2014 - left NVC, sent to embassy

02.04.2014 - received at embassy, READY as per CEAC

02.10-11.2014 - medical done, passed!

02.24.2014 - interview: APPROVED!!

02.27.2014 - Received SMS from 2Go, ready for pick up

02.28.2014 - visa on hand; CFO sticker

03.01.2014 - paid ELIS

03.06.2014 - POE Hawaii...Aloooohaaa! :)

04.10.2014 - 2yr green card received

Tax return transcript is required at interview or only if they ask for it?

If you submit tax information at NVC, it won't be required at the interview. But, if you submit the entire tax return (1040, W2s, 1099s, schedules, worksheets, etc) instead of the much more concise tax transcripts, then the CO may ask to see it. So, it's best to just send the tax transcript at NVC and avoid it later at the interview.

Alrighty! Thanks, Saylin! Will try it on IE later smile.png

No problem. Good luck. I'm thinking though it still needs some time.

Alllrght! they finally received my case at NVC on to the next step of getting my invoice number, up to 20 days more I guess!

Good luck everybody

NVC received mine on 1/10 and I as told at least 9 days more (from 1/13) before my number will be available.

Timeline

If you submit tax information at NVC, it won't be required at the interview. But, if you submit the entire tax return (1040, W2s, 1099s, schedules, worksheets, etc) instead of the much more concise tax transcripts, then the CO may ask to see it. So, it's best to just send the tax transcript at NVC and avoid it later at the interview.

As always greatly appreciate your help. I am planning to submit 2010, 2011, and 2012 tax return transcript so that should be sufficient correct? I was planning on applying for extension to file 2013 taxes so I can file it once my wife is here. Would that be problem? Will they ask to see tax transcript for 2013 at interview?

Edited by GoLdEnSkY99

~ Mahatma Gandhi

As always greatly appreciate your help. I am planning to submit 2010, 2011, and 202 tax return transcript so that should be sufficient correct? I was planning on applying for extension to file 2013 taxes so I can file it once my wife is here. Would that be problem? Will they ask to see tax transcript for 2013 at interview?

Sounds good good.gif

And as long as your interview is before April 15, then you don't need to worry about 2013 taxes.

Timeline

Sounds good good.gif

And as long as your interview is before April 15, then you don't need to worry about 2013 taxes.

Thanks you :) Well lets hope it will be before that. Just in case if it doesn't happen then what are my options?

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Saylin, am i right in assuming that anything sent NVC (financials,skype conversations.etc.) does not have to be lugged to the interview by my wife ? She is a small woman and I have a heap of papersrolleyes.gif

Thanks you smile.png Well lets hope it will be before that. Just in case if it doesn't happen then what are my options?

An extension might work, I don't know. It'll probably vary by country/CO.

Saylin, am i right in assuming that anything sent NVC (financials,skype conversations.etc.) does not have to be lugged to the interview by my wife ? She is a small woman and I have a heap of papersrolleyes.gif

It should, yes.

Timeline

Thanks saylin. Well I just hope we make it to interview before April 15 so I don't have to worry about it.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Hello everyone, How long does NVC take to process the case once they receive both packages. I know they say allow 30 business day but what is the average time?

Average is 15-20 business days from what I been seeing

Finished for now!!

NOA1 4-1-13

NOA2 11-14-13

NVC case # 12-9-13

Case complete 1-21-14

Interview 3-3-14

Visa Received 3-6-14

US Entry 03-09-14

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

Please I need help. I have so much question about this whole NVC processing stuff. My case was shipped to NVC on Dec. 26, 2013. Up until now haven't receive it yet. crying.gif My question is..

1. How long do i have to wait for them to receive it?

2. Will get an email or mail to notify me they receive? Because I hired an atty for my case because i'm afraid I might do it wrong. Then he told me he will receive one but not me!?!? why is that?!?! ranting33va.gif

3. When do i pay the DS-260/261? The IV and AOS fees?

4. When will i send in my Income tax form, the birth certificate, the police clearance and all that..

5. If you can guesstimate? how long this whole thing will take to complete?

Please help me.. Im so lost.. THANK YOU in advance for ALL the help and response..

hi,, we also hired an atty since day1, and we are still waiting for my daughter's case number,,the atty secretary told us that she's calling NVC everyday to get my daughter's case number. Once they already have my daughter's case number they will contact my husband to pay the fees and they will do all the paper works with the secretary and atty. My husband also ask if they need my email(beneficiary) she said they don't need it, and that NVC will directly communicate with them. Last week I send my NBI, together with our certificates and passport size picture and all.

Hi Everyone!

Please I need help. I have so much question about this whole NVC processing stuff. My case was shipped to NVC on Dec. 26, 2013. Up until now haven't receive it yet. crying.gif My question is..

1. How long do i have to wait for them to receive it?

2. Will get an email or mail to notify me they receive? Because I hired an atty for my case because i'm afraid I might do it wrong. Then he told me he will receive one but not me!?!? why is that?!?! ranting33va.gif

3. When do i pay the DS-260/261? The IV and AOS fees?

4. When will i send in my Income tax form, the birth certificate, the police clearance and all that..

5. If you can guesstimate? how long this whole thing will take to complete?

Please help me.. Im so lost.. THANK YOU in advance for ALL the help and response..

hi,, we also hired an atty since day1, and we are still waiting for my daughter's case number,,the atty secretary told us that she's calling NVC everyday to get my daughter's case number. Once they already have my daughter's case number they will contact my husband to pay the fees and they will do all the paper works with the secretary and atty. My husband also ask if they need my email(beneficiary) she said they don't need it, and that NVC will directly communicate with them. Last week I send my NBI, together with our certificates and passport size picture and all.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

finally got my case number! things are moving slowly since i got approved.. hopefully it will move fast from here on!

one question, can i send my I864 package by mail even though i opt for electronic processing?

Edited by c2a

07/23/13 - I130 Package Sent

07/27/13 - NOA1

11/18/13 - NOA2

12/16/13 - NVC received Case

01/13/14 - NVC Assigned Case Number, BIN and IIN

01/13/14 - Electronic Processing Request Sent

01/15/14 - DS-261 Available and completed

01/16/14 - AOS bill invoice available and paid

01/17/14 - Electronic Processing Request Accepted

02/03/14 - AOS E-Mailed

02/01/14 - IV bill invoice available and paid

02/04/14 - DS-260 Available and completed

02/04/14 - IV package emailed

04/07/14 - Case Complete

04/08/14 - Medical Complete

04/13/14 - Interview Date

finally got my case number! things are moving slowly since i got approved.. hopefully it will move fast from here on!

one question, can i send my I864 package by mail even though i opt for electronic processing?

No, it will delay things. You can opt out of EP if you wish to send the AOS and IV packages by email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.