Saylin

NVC Filers - January 2014

1,993 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Read the wiki linked in my signature. It explains the entire process of online forms and EP for Canadians. I did EP and suggest it smile.png Instead of mailing in documents, you scan and email them. Saves on postage biggrin.png

rofl.gif I'll keep that in mind for my next photo!!

@ Saylin:

I am the beneficiary. a Canadian, as you suggested EP is the best way to save postage..good.gif ! And I read the link, it seems like a lot of work to mebiggrin.png not because I do not want to spend time on it but because of my little girl, a 15 months old loves to bother mommyrolleyes.gif I am figuring out now that the best time to scan and upload would be when she fell asleep at nightsecret7vf.gif

Edited by Belle klein

My Journey:

March 29, 2013 :PD Dec-20, 2013 USCIS approval date July 28. 2015 (F) (F) (F)Interview Date APPROVED.

Filed: Timeline

No, I don't believe you can request an expedite to complete case faster. My expedite was filled based on the "Extreme Emergent Situation/Humanitarian " reason which is within the requirement for an expedite request.

but this expedite request be reviewed by the embassy to be approved or denied not by the NVC right?

What will i do my husband last irs 2012 states single and we married 2012 since when he filed on 2013 the time its cover is already married. And now we need to submitt and affidavit once we have case number we need 2010 2011 and 2012 we dint have problem in 2010 and 11 since that time he filed we he is still single te prob is the 2012 how what way to change his status to married is this process takes long?what are we needed ?is this a prolem in nvc or in consulate?do we need to change it ehat are other ways? Thank u for ur response

Your husband's tax status (the amount taken off his pay check) and his filing status are two different things. He can continue to get single taxes taken off but most move it to married so that they are taxed less.

If your AOS is submitted before April 15, 2014 then the 2012 taxes are the last ones needed. If the AOS is submitted after that date or he's done the 2013 taxes already, you must/can submit those.

No documentation is needed to do MFS, however he will not be able to file electronically. He needs to write NRA (non-resident alien) in the SSN box and mail the taxes. He can also submit for an extension and wait until you've arrived in the USA to do his taxes if he's not required to send them with the AOS (my husband did this.)

You are the one being interviewed. I'm unsure in Manila if they allow the petitioner to be there or not, check the reviews and your regional forum. Either way, this is a visa interview for you and as far as I understand in Manila, he is not required to be there. (Some embassies/consulates are different.)

NOA2 hardcopy isn't really needed and you can update any and all addresses with the NVC (who do everything via email anyhow.)

No documentation is needed to do MFS, however he will not be able to file electronically. He needs to write NRA (non-resident alien) in the SSN box and mail the taxes. He can also submit for an extension and wait until you've arrived in the USA to do his taxes if he's not required to send them with the AOS (my husband did this.)

What dyou mean wth this can u pls explain it briefly to me? I had the same situation. Pls help me what to do

What was the piece of paper is that?i just want to have an advance medical atleast amonth and half before the interview date.

What exactly are you asking? What do you need to do an advance medical? If so, then I already mentioned in the response you quoted what piece of paper you need. Please read it again.

@ Saylin:

I am the beneficiary. a Canadian, as you suggested EP is the best way to save postage..good.gif ! And I read the link, it seems like a lot of work to mebiggrin.png not because I do not want to spend time on it but because of my little girl, a 15 months old loves to bother mommyrolleyes.gif I am figuring out now that the best time to scan and upload would be when she fell asleep at nightsecret7vf.gif

It's definitely not a lot of work! It may be harder than simply stuffing it into an envelope and mailing it out, but it's worth it in my opinion! Put your little girl down for a nap ;)

but this expedite request be reviewed by the embassy to be approved or denied not by the NVC right?

Yes, when NVC receives an expedite request, they'll forward it to the consulate/embassy and they're the ones who make a decision. Once they have, they'll forward the answer back to NVC who will then let you know the outcome.

What dyou mean wth this can u pls explain it briefly to me? I had the same situation. Pls help me what to do

There a tonne of threads on this issue from last year. Honestly unless you're still with the NVC on April 15 2014 you really do not need to worry about taxes yet!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I'm here, and I'll be posting once my case is actually sent out to the NVC!

3/25/2006 - Got Married

3/20/2013 - I130 Priority Date
11/6/2013 - Transferred to Nebraska
1/3/2014 - NOA2
1/6/2014 - Petition shipped to NVC
1/21/2014 - NVC Received
2/24/2014 - Case # & IIN
3/3/2014 - DS-261 Available and Submitted
3/4/2014 - AOS Fee Available and Submitted
3/5/2014 - AOS Fee Paid
3/6/2014 - Received AOS Coversheet and Payment Receipt
3/7/2014 - AOS Package Sent
3/10/2014 - NVC Receives AOS package
3/12/2014 - NVC Acknowledges receipt of AOS package
3/21/2014 - Triangle of Doom appears for IV package
3/24/2014 - IV Fee Available and Submitted
3/25/2014 - IV package overnighted to the NVC
3/26/2014 - IV Fee shows PAID
3/26/2014 - DS260 available & submitted
3/26/2014 - IV package delivered to NVC
3/26/2014 - False checklist for IV fee.
3/26/2014 - AOS documents accepted w/no checklists!
3/28/2014 - IV & DS260 logged into NVC System
4/10/2014 - Case Complete!

Interview Date: June 17, 2014

Approved at Interview!

POE Newark on 6/28/2014! He's finally home!

Got a pending I-130? Tired of waiting for something to happen? Let's make something happen: http://www.visajourn...ners-committee/

We need more Twitter followers:@USCI130Cmte

Join our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/USGreencardpetitionerscommittee/

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Yes have called myself and they haven't even received it and 2 weeks ago USCIS sent an email saying they sent to DOS. Have called DOS but i can never talk to anyone, call NVC they have gotten nothing!

Should have never adventured to do this, was always told after u get approved at USCIS its pretty fast if yall call this fast i wanna know what slow is...

Im sorry for being mad its none of yalls fault, but this is my family being apart for almost a year and seeing others get case numbers before me doesnt help...

went to that website just now, apparently my husband already made an account there long time ago and they deleted it and i cant enter... if that will only tell me when it was sent to NVC ill tell you dec 23rd.

I got approved on December 10th and case shipped to NVC on December 31st (maybe they walked it from Texas to New Hampshire rofl.gif ) Now, I am just hoping that NVC receives it quickly and puts it in the system quickly.

When I called the NVC, they said that it could take up to 8 weeks ohmy.png for them to receive it and generate a case number wacko.png

I 130 for parents March 18, 2013 NOA 1 November 1, 2013 Transfer to TSC December 10, 2013 NOA 2 December 31, 2013 shipped to NVC January 8, 2014 Case received by NVC February 10,2014 Case Number received

(Mother) February 13.2014 DS 261 submitted

February 14, 2014 paid AOS

February 19, 2014 AOS shows paid

March 5, 2014 mailed AOS

March 11 ,2014 AOS received by NVC

March 10, 2014 IV invoiced and paid

March 14, 2014 IV shows paid

March 15, 2014 Mailed IV packet

March 17,2014 DS-260 submitted

March 25.2014 AOS Check list (received by NVC on March 31st)

April 7, 2014 DS260 accepted & IV accepted AOS Checklist under review

April 10 2014: Case Complete

(Father) February 13.2014 DS 261 submitted

March 3,2014 Accidently resubmitted DS 261

February 14, 2014 paid AOS ( mother's payment covered both files)

February 19, 2014 AOS shows paid

March 5, 2014 mailed AOS (had to call NVC for father's cover sheet)

March 11 ,2014 AOS received by NVC

March 18, 2014 IV invoiced and paid

March 19, 2014 Mailed IV packet

March 21, 2014 IV shows paid

March 23,2014 DS-260 submitted

March 25.2014 AOS Check list (received by NVC on March 31st)

April 7, 2014 DS260 accepted & IV accepted AOS Checklist under review

April 10 2014: Case Complete

May 6. 2014 VAC

May 15.2014 Medical

June 2, 2014 Interview scheduled, Mumbai Embassy @ 7:30 (Excited & Nervous)

June 10, 2014 Visa Issued!!!! (was on hold for additional AOS)

June 25,2014 POE :rolleyes:

July 1, 2014 Pay fees for the Green Card

August 10, 2014 Green card arriver on August 10th

Texas is notoriously slow about sending petitions. There is a bunch of threads in the NVC forum about it for K1 people who have been transferred there.

I do not suggest that you trust the post decision activity change on the site. You have to call the USCIS and speak to the tier 2 to find out when the file actually leaves. I had the post decision email literally 10 mins after the decision one and you cant really tell me it was shuttled out of the building that fast. Lol I just wouldnt believe it. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I do suggest calling the NVC every few days to see if they have the file about a week after it's actually left the USCIS. Then call every few days to see if you have a number. My case went thru the NVC really quick but it still took from March 6 to March 20 to get a case number.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

mine I also shipped to NVC on December 10, 2013. but still NVC has not received it. all the time i call they say wait 8 weeks. i don't know why some people get case number with in 2 to 3 weeks and some are waiting like me. I hope next week there will some good news.

kalloo

There a tonne of threads on this issue from last year. Honestly unless you're still with the NVC on April 15 2014 you really do not need to worry about taxes yet!

Im worried because my husband filed his tax 2012 in single status instead of married because we are narried that time .now we need the 2012 irs and states its single and i dont wanna have a problem with this. What are the things we need to give some advice pls are we gonna change and call irs or what?

Im worried because my husband filed his tax 2012 in single status instead of married because we are narried that time .now we need the 2012 irs and states its single and i dont wanna have a problem with this. What are the things we need to give some advice pls are we gonna change and call irs or what?

Yes he will have to call them to amend his taxes. I do not know how to amend taxes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I'm here, and I'll be posting once my case is actually sent out to the NVC!

WECOME to the NVC Kaylara!!! So glad to see you finally here! I'm sure you'll liven things up around here! Lol :)

01/05/06-Met

04/01/13-Married

USCIS

04/15/13-PD

11/15/13-Transfered To NSC

12/11/13-NOA2

NVC

01/07/14- Received

02/06/14-Case and IIN #'s assigned

02/10/14-DS-261 available and filled out

02/11/14-Paid AOS fee

02/18/14-Sent AOS packet via Express Mail

02/19/14-NVC received AOS packet

02/26/14-IV invoice available and paid

03/03/14- IV bill shows paid-mailed IV package via Express Mail

03/04/14-IV package received

03/09/14-DS-260 submitted

03/14/14-False checklist for IV package

03/24/14- Real checklist

04/02/14-NVC received checklist response

04/18/14-CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!

06/05/14-Interview In Sofia BG

06/09/14 -Visa Approved!!!!!!!!

06/11/14-Visa in hand

06/21/14-POE

I have Paid an AOS bill on Jan 02.. Still not yet show paid status? Is it normal?

Another question is After paying AOS, IV bill will be generated or before anytime?

_________________________________________________________________________________
USCIS Stage:
(IR-1/CR-1- I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN)
_________________________________________________________________________________
Priority Date of NOA 1 ( NBC/MSC )- March 22, 2013
07 November 13 : Case transferred NBC to another office for processing.
08 November 13 : Case transferred to your local USCIS Office for further processing.
13 November 13 : Got our transfer notice in mail. Mine was transfer in Texas Service Center
15 November 13 : Case was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office

02 December 13 : Got a notice that Case was approved ( NOA2 )

17 December 13 : Shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing.

NVC Stage :

29 December 13 : NVC received Case

30 December 13 : NVC Assigned Case Number and Invoice # (Call)

30 December 13 : DS-261 Available and completed

31 December 13 : Received e-mail to pay AOS Fee

02 January 14 : AOS bill invoice available and paid (AOS Fee Payment Status-IN PROCESS)

06 January 14 : AOS Fee 'Payment Status' changed from 'in process' to 'PAID'.

06 January 14 : IV bill invoice available and paid (IV Fee Payment Status-IN PROCESS)

08 January 14 : IV Fee 'Payment Status' changed from 'in process' to 'PAID'.

08 January 14 : DS-260 Available and completed

17 January 14 : IV package mailed

21 January 14 : IV package received (Based on USPS tracking)

22 January 14 : NVC Scanned The IV Package

28 January 14 : AOS package mailed

30 January 14 : AOS package received (Based on USPS tracking)

31 January 14 : NVC Scanned The AOS Package

10 February 14 : Received IV false checklist

24 February 14 : Received AOS checklist via e-mail

25 February 14 : Respond to AOS checklist

27 February 14 : AOS Checklist Response Received by NVC (Based on USPS tracking)

28 February 14 : NVC Scanned The AOS Checklist

17 March 14 : Case Complete

02 April 14 : Interview Date confirmed for May 06 2014 (Phone Call)

03 April 14 : Received an email about my interview appointment (P4 letter)

Consulate Stage:
08 April 14 : Medical
10 April 14 : CEAC status-Case is in TRANSIT to the Consular Section
15 April 14 : CEAC status changed to READY
06 May 14 : Interview and Approved !!!! (Thanks to Almighty Allah)

08 May 14 : Received Passport, Visa and POE Sealed file from Embassy

23 May 14 : Port of Entry @ JFK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.