Saylin

NVC Filers - January 2014

1,993 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is incorrect your petition will stay at NVC and not leave until you are scheduled a interview. Unfortunately USCIS has been expediting many from the Philippines but NVC is not automatically. But after case complete go and schedule I am sure doctors there are busy.

Hopefully it shouldn't be no more than a 2 month wait to get an interview than another month.

I see, thanks saylin and dwheels76

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Question

Which form should the co sponser fill ??

I864 or i864A ?

Btw. Iam filling I-864ez. But since income is low, Iam using my dad as co sponser.

Thanks.

USCIS
04/19/13 NOA1 Priority Date
12/12/13 info pass at local office told me file was transferred on 5th DEC
12/12/13 File at NSC
12/19/13 NOA2 (244days)
NVC
01/03/14 NVC Received Case
01/28/14 NVC Assigned Case Number and IIN
02/05/14 DS-261 Available and completed
02/06/14 Received e-mail to pay AOS Fee
02/06/14 AOS bill invoice available and paid
02/08/14 AOS Mailed
03/12/14 IV bill invoice available and paid
03/12/14 Pacakge IV mailed
03/15/14 DS-260 Available and completed
03/28/14 Case Complete
Consulate
04/07/14 Medicals
05/05/14 Fingerprinting & Photo
05/06/14 Interview

Question

Which form should the co sponser fill ??

I864 or i864A ?

Btw. Iam filling I-864ez. But since income is low, Iam using my dad as co sponser.

Thanks.

If you have a joint sponsor you do not do the I-864EZ

You will sign a completed I-864 and your joint sponsor will sign a completed I-864. If your dad files his taxes with Married Filing jointly with a spouse who works then they should also sign a completed I-864A because then they can use tax return transcripts vs the entire tax return.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

If you have a joint sponsor you do not do the I-864EZ

You will sign a completed I-864 and your joint sponsor will sign a completed I-864. If your dad files his taxes with Married Filing jointly with a spouse who works then they should also sign a completed I-864A because then they can use tax return transcripts vs the entire tax return.

Ohhh ok.

So now I will fill the i864 as first and main sponser.

Iam still confused on second part.

My mum and dad filled jointly.

So they would fill thei 864 or i864A.

Or do u mean dad will fill the i864 and mum will fill i864A

Please let me know.

Thanks for help.

USCIS
12/12/13 File at NSC
12/19/13 NOA2 (244days)
NVC
02/08/14 AOS Mailed
03/28/14 Case Complete
Consulate
04/07/14 Medicals
05/06/14 Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Has the petitioner called the USCIS to find out that the case actually left the USCIS to the NVC?? Sometimes the case is sent by accident to the NRC instead of the NVC and it has to be retreived from there. Or is the case at the NVC and you just don't have a number? It can take up to 8 weeks for the case to get to the NVC from the USCIS and then another month to get the DOS/NVC case number. Since it's not the end of January yet, you're still within this time frame. The rest of it means nothing. It really doesn't. You're in the same line as the people who have been married for a day when they filed.

Yes have called myself and they haven't even received it and 2 weeks ago USCIS sent an email saying they sent to DOS. Have called DOS but i can never talk to anyone, call NVC they have gotten nothing!

Should have never adventured to do this, was always told after u get approved at USCIS its pretty fast if yall call this fast i wanna know what slow is...

Im sorry for being mad its none of yalls fault, but this is my family being apart for almost a year and seeing others get case numbers before me doesnt help...

First of all, check your status online https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp. Your status will tell you exactly when your case was sent to the NVC.yes.gif

went to that website just now, apparently my husband already made an account there long time ago and they deleted it and i cant enter... if that will only tell me when it was sent to NVC ill tell you dec 23rd.

event.png
event.png
event.png
NOA1 February 20, 2013
NOA2 November 25, 2013
NVC received case on January 11, 2014
NVC assigned case # Jan 17, 2014
NVC accepted DS-261 on Jan 22, 2014
AOS paid on February 11, 2014
AOS payment accepted on Feb 14, 2014
AOS Package sent Feb 19, 2014
Package IV paid on Feb 26, 2014
NVC received AOS package Feb "package lost"
Package IV payment accepted March
Submitted DS-260 on March 6, 2014
NVC received Package IV ___
NVC entered Package IV in their system_____

Ohhh ok.

So now I will fill the i864 as first and main sponser.

Iam still confused on second part.

My mum and dad filled jointly.

So they would fill thei 864 or i864A.

Or do u mean dad will fill the i864 and mum will fill i864A

Please let me know.

Thanks for help.

parent that makes more $$ = I-864

Parent that makes less $$ = I-864A

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

parent that makes more $$ = I-864

Parent that makes less $$ = I-864A

Thanks for replying.

So I will fill the i864.

And my dad will file the I-864. And he is above the povert line

And my mum does not need to fill anything, right. ?

Thanks

USCIS
12/12/13 File at NSC
12/19/13 NOA2 (244days)
NVC
02/08/14 AOS Mailed
03/28/14 Case Complete
Consulate
04/07/14 Medicals
05/06/14 Interview

does she work? if yes, then yes she should do the I-864a. If no, then send a copy of dad's W2 along with tax return transcript to show his income is the only income.

Timeline

does she work? if yes, then yes she should do the I-864a. If no, then send a copy of dad's W2 along with tax return transcript to show his income is the only income.

Ok. Thanks a lot for the info.

Since it's the weekend and I am free I will start filling in this AOS forms.

So I will fill the i864 and dad will co sponser and fill the i864 and mum will fill the i864A

My file will be thick now. Lol.

USCIS
12/12/13 File at NSC
12/19/13 NOA2 (244days)
NVC
02/08/14 AOS Mailed
03/28/14 Case Complete
Consulate
04/07/14 Medicals
05/06/14 Interview

Happy new year to u all!!!

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and I'm in the process of preparing the IV package. I want to ask if any of you knows about the medical examination for pregnant ladies? Is it possible to defer the chest x-ray and the vaccinations until the baby is born? If so, will the visa process be delayed??

I'm so nervous at the moment, knowing that my visa process is nearly done and that I'm carrying my child for my husband but yet I fear that this will complicate my visa process. It's been 10 months since we started the application and it's far too long n I don't wanna wait any longer...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

went to that website just now, apparently my husband already made an account there long time ago and they deleted it and i cant enter... if that will only tell me when it was sent to NVC ill tell you dec 23rd.

Also could be the case of password expiration. It expires every 90 days and you have to reset it. Account is not necessarily deleted.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

i am so pissed off! i feel like ive been here longer than i should have, ive been married for almost 5 years i have a 5 years old american born daughter, i started this circus in february, i got the i-130 approved in end of november and still no case number?? whats the hold up????ranting33va.gif

Hey,,,My noa 2 is 25 th of november.......and we are keep trying to call NVC.....they still hasnt received my case,,,the uscis shipped our case on 26 th december,,,,its been over month now,,,,,how long we have to wait to reach the NVC,,,

Anybody else case got shipped around 26 th december,,,,how long does it take after the case is shipped frm uscis....how many weeks around ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Also could be the case of password expiration. It expires every 90 days and you have to reset it. Account is not necessarily deleted.

ok ill check that thanks

Hey,,,My noa 2 is 25 th of november.......and we are keep trying to call NVC.....they still hasnt received my case,,,the uscis shipped our case on 26 th december,,,,its been over month now,,,,,how long we have to wait to reach the NVC,,,

Anybody else case got shipped around 26 th december,,,,how long does it take after the case is shipped frm uscis....how many weeks around ??

wow we started on the same day and got approved on the same day... finally! somebody on my boat! and USCIS said they shipped my stuff to NVC on dec 23rd

Did ur case get transferred like mine?? i got transferred and was approved at Texas Service Center what about you?

event.png
event.png
event.png
NOA1 February 20, 2013
NOA2 November 25, 2013
NVC received case on January 11, 2014
NVC assigned case # Jan 17, 2014
NVC accepted DS-261 on Jan 22, 2014
AOS paid on February 11, 2014
AOS payment accepted on Feb 14, 2014
AOS Package sent Feb 19, 2014
Package IV paid on Feb 26, 2014
NVC received AOS package Feb "package lost"
Package IV payment accepted March
Submitted DS-260 on March 6, 2014
NVC received Package IV ___
NVC entered Package IV in their system_____

First off, I didn't write that guide :P I just linked to it in the first post.

Yes, the PCC is required (in most cases) in the IV package. The passport clearance is something specific to India, hence why it's not mentioned in the guides as it's country-specific. If all the guides listed all country-specific requirements, it'd take you forever to read!

For the Philippines, you can do advance medicals (which instead of requiring the interview letter, only requires the first piece of correspondence from NVC which contains your case number).

Because of some people getting tested positive for TB in the Philippines specifically, you may want to consider getting the medical done soon, as if you're tested positive, you have to go on treatment for 6 months. I've seen countless people have to push back their interview date because of this since they waited until a few weeks before the interview date to get the medical done. It's obviously up to you, but just keep this in mind.

The case isn't sent out to the consulate/embassy until AFTER the interview date has been assigned.

And for IR-1/CR-1 visas, priority dates are meaningless as there's an unlimited number of visas each year for that visa category.

What he did was wrong. If he filed single when he was actually married, he lied to the IRS. Plain and simple. You can wait if you want to amend it once you get to the US and have a SSN, but first you need to pass the interview. And this can be a huge red flag since he basically isn't acknowledging he's married.

To amend it, you don't need to have a SSN. You can file MFS which just requires the USC to write 'NRA' (non-resident alien) in the SSN field of the foreign spouse. Or you can file MFJ which gets an ITIN assigned to you in lieu of a SSN, but the foreign spouse needs to send certain documents and this takes much longer as the tax return form and documents have to go to a separate IRS department to assign the ITIN, then it gets sent to the regular department where they process tax returns.

What was the piece of paper is that?i just want to have an advance medical atleast amonth and half before the interview date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

can you tell me under what situation you filled your expedite request at the NVC ? is it because you want to complete your case faster than the time frame given by the NVC ?

No, I don't believe you can request an expedite to complete case faster. My expedite was filled based on the "Extreme Emergent Situation/Humanitarian " reason which is within the requirement for an expedite request.

Edited by lonelywithouthim1

K1 - Filed March 2011

- Denied March 13, 2012

- Placed in AP March 14,2012

- Sent back to USCIS November 2012

- Expired March 2013

WASTED A YEAR FIGHTING THE DENIEL

MARRIED MARCH 15, 2013

1-130 Approved 3/3/2014 :-)

Finally made it home 3/18/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.