Saylin

NVC Filers - January 2014

1,993 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi! I'm looking at a list of document that the Consulate in Rio/ Brazil requests for the interview (trying to get organized) (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=477469).

They ask for a "Complete Court Records, judicial situation" from Brazil and US. So...

1) Has anybody seen this?

2) What agency in the US would provide that? (I'm the beneficiary and lived in the US for several years)

3) how about in Brazil?

Thank you

Saylin's wiki: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

DS260 Word format (I created based on screenshots Jan/Mar 2014): http://www.mediafire.com/view/?a5xs2cvq92ev9qp

USCIS

NOA1 - 7/24/2013

Transfer to CSC - 1/14/2014

NOA2 - 1/24/2014

NVC

Case Received at NVC - 2/4/2014

Case/ Invoice Numbers Received - 3/12//2014

AOS and IV fees invoiced and paid - 3/14/2014

AOS mailed - 3/20

AOS received at NVC - 3/25

IV docs mailed - 4/1 (meeting with lawyer 4/7)

DS260 submitted - 5/1 (Husband called NVC 5/7 and was told docs/AOS were received and would take 30 days from DS260 submission to complete review)d

Case Complete!!!! - 5/22

Interview scheduled for July 18 - 5/29 APPROVED!!!!!

Review of interview: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=14872

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

For the AOS package,

From the IRS, I received "Account Transcripts" & "Return Transcripts" for 2012, 2011, 2010

Do i send both types or one type?

&

Can you email (pdf) everything to NVC for the AOS package or does it only have to be mailed in to NVC?

Thanks

Send return transcripts

You will have to snail mail them

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Just got I-130 approved! yehaw!

Although I guess I'll probably be more in the February NVC filers, I do have a question.

I live in Costa Rica with my husband and have been here for 2.5 years. I have submitted my taxes for those years and have my tax transcripts. I know my foreign income doesn't count towards the financial requirements but I do have enough in savings to qualify without a sponsor. I hope. The question that says "current annual income", do I put how much I earn? It's very little, definitely under the poverty guideline, but do I write it down anyways? Even though it's foreign income?

Also, how many and from how far back do I need to include bank statements showing that the savings did not magically appear in the last few months?

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

There's a link to Forms portal in one of the first two threads. After you get the case number and invoice ID you should start checking it and eventually the DS-261 becomes available (not immediately).

Thank you :)

There's a link to Forms portal in one of the first two threads. After you get the case number and invoice ID you should start checking it and eventually the DS-261 becomes available (not immediately).

Thank you

Saylin's wiki: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

DS260 Word format (I created based on screenshots Jan/Mar 2014): http://www.mediafire.com/view/?a5xs2cvq92ev9qp

USCIS

NOA1 - 7/24/2013

Transfer to CSC - 1/14/2014

NOA2 - 1/24/2014

NVC

Case Received at NVC - 2/4/2014

Case/ Invoice Numbers Received - 3/12//2014

AOS and IV fees invoiced and paid - 3/14/2014

AOS mailed - 3/20

AOS received at NVC - 3/25

IV docs mailed - 4/1 (meeting with lawyer 4/7)

DS260 submitted - 5/1 (Husband called NVC 5/7 and was told docs/AOS were received and would take 30 days from DS260 submission to complete review)d

Case Complete!!!! - 5/22

Interview scheduled for July 18 - 5/29 APPROVED!!!!!

Review of interview: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=14872

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Me too!! I was approved in NSC on 12/8, my case arrived at the NVC 1/6, and no number yet :(

Checking in, Hopefully i will get my case # in this month.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Me too!! I was approved in NSC on 12/8, my case arrived at the NVC 1/6, and no number yet sad.png

It takes 15 to 20 business days after they receive it. Hopefully end of next week, we should have it.

Just called DOS to see if I got an NVC case number. She said as of yesterday they no longer give NVC case information and that I have to call NVC.

* 21 APR 2016 - 90 Days before husbands conditional green card expires

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

hi guz,

AOS fees 88$ has been paid and IV fees is "In Process".Can my wife USC send AOS package before IV fees paid ? Please advice..

from Saylins FAQ (post 1 and 2) also check my timeline..i mailed after it cleared my bank account

Do I have to wait for NVC to email me instructions before mailing packages?

NO. If you wait on NVC for this, it can take WEEKS to get anything from them. As long as the respective bill has been paid in the payment portal, you can send in your package.

Members have had luck sending the packages as soon as they pay the bills (since the bar-coded cover sheet becomes available after paying). If you're not going to wait for it to appear as PAID in the portal, at least wait until the money has cleared the bank account.

What address do I send the AOS and IV packages?

You will find their addresses on their respective bar-coded cover sheets, which are printed off the payment portal.

I-130 (California Service Center) / Category: F2A / Priority Date: Sep 6rd, 2013

I-130
2013-09-01 : I-130 Sent

• 2013-09-03: I-130 Received
  • 2013-09-06: NOA-1
  • 2013-10-01: NOA2 approved (SMS and email from USCIS

2013-10-06: NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

2013-10-15: NVC received the case

2013-10-21: Case Number , Invoice Number and BIN received

• 2013-10-24: Choice of Agent (DS 261) filled. (AOS, IV fee not available yet)
  • 2013-10-25: Email to pay AOS fee
  • 2013-10-28: AOS payment available and paid
  • 2013-10-30: AOS Shows as "Paid"
  • 2013-11-01: Mailed i864 docs
  • 2013-11-01: IV fee available and paid
  • 2013-11-01: AOS Docs received at NVC ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-04 IV Supporting Docs mailed ( IV payment still shows as IN PROCESS...but moneys already withdrawn from account)
  • 2013-11-06 IV Supporting Docs received ( Based on USPS tracking )
  • 2013-11-07: IV Shows as "PAID"

2013-11-07: Received/Entered both AOS and IV in the system for review.

• 2013-11-08: DS 260 completes and submitted.

2013-12-05: Received checklist for AOS

In Part 4. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following...

[x] Item 12. As the petitioner sponsoring your spouse or child, you must indicate whether or not you are currently on active duty in the U.S. armed services.

In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...

[x] Item 10. The current annual household income must equal the sum of items 5, 6.c., 7.c., 8.c., and 9.c.

• 2013-12-05: Sent checklist response for AOS
  • 2013-12-07: Received "false checklist": IV Docs reviewed and accepted

2013-12-11: Entered checklist for AOS into system

2014-01-06: Case Complete per call to NVC.

2014-01-29: Interview Date assigned

2014-02-03: CEAC site updated to "In Transit"

2014-03-04: Interview Date

2014-03-04: VISA APPROVED. pickup on 2013-03-06

Thanks to all
GLTA

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

hi guz,

AOS fees 88$ has been paid and IV fees is "In Process".Can my wife USC send AOS package before IV fees paid ? Please advice..

Yes since AOS fee is already paid you can go ahead and send in the AOS package

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

hi guz,

Yes. The AOS package is part of the AOS track. The IV fee is part of the IV track. The AOS and IV are different, independent tracks that have nothing to do with one another. Please see the flowchart for a visual (can be found in my signature below as well as the first post).

Just called DOS to see if I got an NVC case number. She said as of yesterday they no longer give NVC case information and that I have to call NVC.

Eh blink.png What the...

Can others confirm this?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

NVC recieved our case yesterday. Another three weeks to get the case number. Time flies days go by but will we get our case completed.

hi I got approved jan 16 2014 how you know nvc received your case

Anyone know how long it is taking for case completes after all forms submitted?

Operators over the phone say 30 business days, but when you finish submitting the DS 260 in the upper part says....

You have successfully submitted your DS-260 to the National Visa Center (NVC). If you need to update your immigrant visa application, please contact the NVC.

If you have not already done so, submit your supporting documentation (as listed on the Documents The Applicant Must Submit web page) to the NVC. Upon receipt of your supporting documentation, the NVC will review your DS-260.

The expected time to review your documentation after its receipt at the NVC is 2 to 4 weeks. If any additional information is required after the review, the NVC will notify the applicant (or the applicant’s agent).

Hope it helps......

hi I got approved jan 16 2014 how you know nvc received your case

You call and ask them!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.