Saylin

NVC Filers - January 2014

1,993 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Is PCC, Passport Clearance certificate or Police Clearance Certificate?

What is required in the IV package, the Police Clearance Certificate or the Passport Clearance?

Is it also called PVC? Police Verification Certificate???

This is the only thing I am bit confused about. Which needs to be sent to the NVC in the IV package and which is brought at the interview? If anyone has already reached this step, please clarify?

I believe it is Police Clearance Certificate. There is some information on this website :)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#police

I 130 for parents March 18, 2013 NOA 1 November 1, 2013 Transfer to TSC December 10, 2013 NOA 2 December 31, 2013 shipped to NVC January 8, 2014 Case received by NVC February 10,2014 Case Number received

(Mother) February 13.2014 DS 261 submitted

February 14, 2014 paid AOS

February 19, 2014 AOS shows paid

March 5, 2014 mailed AOS

March 11 ,2014 AOS received by NVC

March 10, 2014 IV invoiced and paid

March 14, 2014 IV shows paid

March 15, 2014 Mailed IV packet

March 17,2014 DS-260 submitted

March 25.2014 AOS Check list (received by NVC on March 31st)

April 7, 2014 DS260 accepted & IV accepted AOS Checklist under review

April 10 2014: Case Complete

(Father) February 13.2014 DS 261 submitted

March 3,2014 Accidently resubmitted DS 261

February 14, 2014 paid AOS ( mother's payment covered both files)

February 19, 2014 AOS shows paid

March 5, 2014 mailed AOS (had to call NVC for father's cover sheet)

March 11 ,2014 AOS received by NVC

March 18, 2014 IV invoiced and paid

March 19, 2014 Mailed IV packet

March 21, 2014 IV shows paid

March 23,2014 DS-260 submitted

March 25.2014 AOS Check list (received by NVC on March 31st)

April 7, 2014 DS260 accepted & IV accepted AOS Checklist under review

April 10 2014: Case Complete

May 6. 2014 VAC

May 15.2014 Medical

June 2, 2014 Interview scheduled, Mumbai Embassy @ 7:30 (Excited & Nervous)

June 10, 2014 Visa Issued!!!! (was on hold for additional AOS)

June 25,2014 POE :rolleyes:

July 1, 2014 Pay fees for the Green Card

August 10, 2014 Green card arriver on August 10th

Wow..Our timeline is very similar. Good Luck :-)

That's right huh?but you're case is way more ahead compare to mine,don't have my case number yet from NVC.Good luck to us :)

USCIS STAGE :

05/03/13 : I-130 Filed

05/06/13 : NOA1

11/22/13 : Case transfered to NSC

12/12/13 : NOA2

12/16/13 : Shipped to NVC

NVC STAGE :

01/08/14 : NVC recieved the case

02/06/14 : Case number assigned and IIN/BIN

02/11/14 : DS-261 Available and completed

02/12/14 : Received e-mail to pay AOS Fee

02/13/14 : AOS bill invoice available and paid

02/15/14 : AOS Mailed

02/18/14 : AOS status shows paid

02/19/14 : NVC received AOS package

02/28/14 : Received e-mail to pay IV Fee

02/28/14 : IV bill invoiced

03/03/14 : IV bill available and paid

03/06/14 : IV bill shows paid

02/28/14 : IV package sent to NVC

03/03/14/ : NVC received IV package

03/06/14 : DS-260 Available and completed

03/20/14 : Case Complete

03/27/14 : Received Official Email for Case Complete

CONSULATE STAGE :

04/03/14 : Advance Medical

05/14/14 : Interview

xx/xx/xx : Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx : Visa on hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

For India, you'll need the "Passport Clearance Certificate" from the passport office. i believe that local police clearance certificate isn't needed anymore by NVC

U got me scared for few minutes.

I believe u need police clearance certificate for NVC.

U can get that from passport deva office.

Let me know if Iam wrong.

That's right huh?but you're case is way more ahead compare to mine,don't have my case number yet from NVC.Good luck to us :)

I got married on march 12 toooo

Same as u right now. No case number yet.

USCIS
04/19/13 NOA1 Priority Date
12/12/13 info pass at local office told me file was transferred on 5th DEC
12/12/13 File at NSC
12/19/13 NOA2 (244days)
NVC
01/03/14 NVC Received Case
01/28/14 NVC Assigned Case Number and IIN
02/05/14 DS-261 Available and completed
02/06/14 Received e-mail to pay AOS Fee
02/06/14 AOS bill invoice available and paid
02/08/14 AOS Mailed
03/12/14 IV bill invoice available and paid
03/12/14 Pacakge IV mailed
03/15/14 DS-260 Available and completed
03/28/14 Case Complete
Consulate
04/07/14 Medicals
05/05/14 Fingerprinting & Photo
05/06/14 Interview

Saylin, we are going to submit evidences of bonafide marriage along with the IV packet later. What i want to know is should we send those evidences in originals or a copy is fine. We'll be including Insurance documents which has his name as the beneficiary and vice versa, 3-4 letters and cards addressed to both of us from friends and family, western union transcripts,skype chat logs and more pictures.I dont want them to lose the documents.Would it be ok to send only copies of evidences and get original for interview?.Also if we submit everything now then for the interview i wouldnt have much evidences to show.is it fine?

We do not have a joint account in US as I have never been there however he has updated my name as the beneficiary for the money that he has in his account. Is it worth getting letter from his bank stating me as beneficiary?? Thanks.

Copies of evidence is fine! And it's fine that you won't have much evidence for the interview. In a lot of cases, the CO has already made a decision on the case before the actual interview. This is the whole point of front-loading. So the CO can see the evidence and hopefully show them the relationship is true and approve the case.

And include whatever evidence you have. Better to send more than not enough!

Are there any physical signatures required from the beneficiary during the NVC stage? I'm the petitioner and planning on sending in the packet IV on behalf of my wife; is it okay if I sign the cover letter?

Now that everyone is required to do online forms, no, the beneficiary's physical signature is no longer needed in the NVC process. Since the cover letter is optional, you can sign it (or just leave it un-signed, it doesn't really matter).

We called and got our case number IIN Number and Beneficiary Number today as well. What is the Beneficiary number? This is the first I am hearing of this Number??

The BIN used to be needed for the online forms, but I was told they no longer ask for it, so it's become an irrelevant number.

Hi saylin, we are using lawyer/paralegal to process our case petition. i read on the instruction that once we are using lawyer/paralegal. they are the one will get those AOS bill.. and no need for me (beneficiary) to fill up choice of agent. coz the lawyer will be the assigned agent automatically..is this correct? all the documents needed for NVC stage are all in our lawyer/paralegal. are they the one will send those packet 4?

Edited by rinoa

ich_liebe_dich_103.jpg
March 29,2013-------Notice of Action "1st"
November 14,2013-------Notice of Action ( Notice of transferred NSC )
December 20,2013-------Notice of Action "Approval"
December 26,2013-------Case was Shipped to National Visa Center
January 13,2014 -------Case received at NVC
February 12, 2014-------NVC Assigned Case Number

February 25,2014------- Paid AOS & IV bill

February 27,2014------ -AOS & IV documents was submitted to NVC ( Completed DS-260 )

March 4, 2014 --------- NVC received AOS & IV documents

March 10 & 11,2014 -----( Done Advanced Medical at SLEC ) = Passed

March 21,2014---------- Case Completed

April 04,2014---------Received Interview Date ( P4)

May 5,2014-------- -Interview ( APPROVED )

event.png
event.png
event.png

Hi saylin, we are using lawyer/paralegal to process our case petition. i read on the instruction that once we are using lawyer/paralegal. they are the one will get those AOS bill.. and no need for me (beneficiary) to fill up choice of agent. coz the lawyer will be the assigned agent automatically..is this correct? all the documents needed for NVC stage are all in our lawyer/paralegal. are they the one will send those packet 4?

Yes, if you have a lawyer/attorney, they're automatically selected as agent, so no need for the DS-261 to be filed. This also means that because of that, the IV bill is invoiced at the same time as the AOS bill.

And package 4 is the interview letter; you don't send that, you receive it. Do you mean the IV package? If so, it differs by lawyer/attorney. Some send it themselves, some have the petitioner/beneficiary send it. You need to speak with yours about how they do things.

Edited by Saylin

U got me scared for few minutes.

I believe u need police clearance certificate for NVC.

U can get that from passport deva office.

Let me know if Iam wrong.

I got married on march 12 toooo

Same as u right now. No case number yet.

Awww...so we're gonna be celebrating the same date for our anniversary.We're gonna call the NVC next week to ask for our case number im hoping that next week it's a start for us to start the process in NVC stage.Let me know if you get your case number also,i will update you about my case next week smile.png

Edited by Irra

USCIS STAGE :

05/03/13 : I-130 Filed

05/06/13 : NOA1

11/22/13 : Case transfered to NSC

12/12/13 : NOA2

12/16/13 : Shipped to NVC

NVC STAGE :

01/08/14 : NVC recieved the case

02/06/14 : Case number assigned and IIN/BIN

02/11/14 : DS-261 Available and completed

02/12/14 : Received e-mail to pay AOS Fee

02/13/14 : AOS bill invoice available and paid

02/15/14 : AOS Mailed

02/18/14 : AOS status shows paid

02/19/14 : NVC received AOS package

02/28/14 : Received e-mail to pay IV Fee

02/28/14 : IV bill invoiced

03/03/14 : IV bill available and paid

03/06/14 : IV bill shows paid

02/28/14 : IV package sent to NVC

03/03/14/ : NVC received IV package

03/06/14 : DS-260 Available and completed

03/20/14 : Case Complete

03/27/14 : Received Official Email for Case Complete

CONSULATE STAGE :

04/03/14 : Advance Medical

05/14/14 : Interview

xx/xx/xx : Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx : Visa on hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just a short update on my case.. I called today and NVC hasn't receive yet my case. So no case number yet.

@ Saylin,

I have read the posts and I am quite unfamiliar with ellectronic processing in Canada, my wife lives there and when she's going to comply with the requirements, we've been thinking which is the best way to do?

My Journey:

March 29, 2013 :PD Dec-20, 2013 USCIS approval date July 28. 2015 (F) (F) (F)Interview Date APPROVED.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks again Saylin! Life savior you are!

Btw, thank you Saylin for your great assistance!! You are a blessing! Thank you! rose.gif

offtopic45vn.gif

You can add wings and a white ring above your head in your next updated picture to look like a Immigration Fairy...Just Pun Intended..smile.png

You are the "DJ" in VJ..good.gif

Just a short update on my case.. I called today and NVC hasn't receive yet my case. So no case number yet.

@ Saylin,

I have read the posts and I am quite unfamiliar with ellectronic processing in Canada, my wife lives there and when she's going to comply with the requirements, we've been thinking which is the best way to do?

Read the wiki linked in my signature. It explains the entire process of online forms and EP for Canadians. I did EP and suggest it :) Instead of mailing in documents, you scan and email them. Saves on postage :D

offtopic45vn.gif

You can add wings and a white ring above your head in your next updated picture to look like a Immigration Fairy...Just Pun Intended..smile.png

You are the "DJ" in VJ..good.gif

rofl.gif I'll keep that in mind for my next photo!!

Timeline

I am confused now. As per Saylin's EZGuide Spouse ' Original Police certificate of beneficiary' is required with the IV Packet. Do we need a passport clearance as well? But thats not mentioned anywhere in the guide? I wish i could ask this question in the India forum but seems like the regional forum for India is almost dead.

Timeline

For India, you'll need the "Passport Clearance Certificate" from the passport office. i believe that local police clearance certificate isn't needed anymore by NVC

May I ask from where you got this information from? I am not aware of this.

Timeline

May I ask from where you got this information from? I am not aware of this.

http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/a-z-subject-listing-for-iv-terms.html#police answer

the acronym PCC is a bit confusing since it stands for different but related things in India, but the NVC will need the PCC you get from the passport office

When is the best time to schedule medical? After getting the case number or after the payment of fees or after the case complete? I just. Wanna know so that im not going to rush everything and have a proper time management. My case was shipped to nvc dec 27. I did not call yet but on monday i will thank u in adcance for the reply

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.