Puntacana08

Still waiting for Noa2 - filed in July 2013 for k1

32 posts in this topic

maybe try doing this timeline.gif

We will know if you did get a RFE, reply to your RFE. Dates and other things to consider.

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Yes I have called Uscis. I recently put in service request. My case went to Vermont and was then transferred to Texas. I did not get any RFE? Can it take this long?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes I have called Uscis. I recently put in service request. My case went to Vermont and was then transferred to Texas. I did not get any RFE? Can it take this long?

It most certainly can. Back when we were waiting, the average time to NOA2 was 5 -9 months.

Stats located here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php?cfl=

Indicated "average" time to NOA2 = 81 days. But that clock would start after your file was transferred to Texas.

Contact your Congressmen. They claim they can do nothing, but frequently just the inquiry will get a file moving. (download the privacy release form and mail it to the Congressional office right away. They can't do anything until they get that document.)

Edited by slowlyman

Timeline

Correct, you can't start counting days until the file gets to them Lol.

You are only at four months, and you had Labor day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and soon New Year in the mix. But I would contact your Congress person. You will get better results from them then you will by calling USCIS.

If you are really concerned, you can schedule an appointment at your local USCIS office. I have seen people get good results that way as well.

Edited by slowlyman

And if i count from August until now it is still

About 4 1/2 months without noa2. I just see people getting approved after a month or two and it gets me upset that I have not heard anything :(

Ok thank you. Maybe I will try my loc office to see if they can help. I also put in a service request with Uscis. I just don't know why some cases are touched so fast and others just sit? So far no RFE. I am going to wait a little bit more into January. Would it also help to email Uscis as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

From our NOA1 to NOA2 was exactly 7 months and 1 week, and then we waited 4 months till her interview, so just be patient.

When I was waiting on our NOA2 I remember I used to check the USCIS website daily to look for any status updates and then the first day I didn't check the website I got a text message informing me of our NOA2. Once you get your NOA2 you'll still have anywhere from two months to six months till your actual interview, so all I can suggest is be as patient as you can, which I know is easier said than done.

Right now my wife and I are waiting for her EAD, AP, and our AOS interview. The good thing is when you get to this step at least your wife is right next to you waiting.

This whole process isn't for the faint of heart.

Our Story
[February 23rd 2011] Met online
[March 2012 - June 2012] made travel plans, bought plane ticket, planned Vietnamese tea ceremony, bought engagement ring / wedding rings
[July 16th 2012] Met each other for the first time in person in Vietnam
[July 29th 2012] Had non-legal Vietnamese Tea Ceremony in her hometown
[August 16th, 2012] Left Vietnam to come back to the US
[August 20th - September 2nd] Prepared 1-129F packet to send to USCIS

K1 Journey
[september 4th 2012] I-129F packet sent
[september 9th, 2012] received text message from USCIS, stating that I-129F was accepted on Sept 7th
[september 11th,2012] received hard copy of the NOA1 in the mail
[April 17th, 2013] received text message on cell phone of NOA2
[April 22nd, 2013] received hard copy of the NOA2 paper in the mail
[April 24th, 2013] NVC sent packet to Ho Chi Minh City - US Embassy
[May 13th, 2013] Fiance received packet 3 from US Embassy in the mail
[May 20th, 2013] Fiance mailed completed packet 3 back to US Embassy
[July 9th, 2013] Fiance received packet 4 from US Embassy in the mail
[August 16th, 2013] Interview date, Approved!!!!

[sept 11th, 2013] My Fiance left Vietnam
[sept 12th, 2013] My Fiance arrived in Chicago and I was anxiously waiting at the gate for her.
[sept 25th, 2013] We got married

AOS journey starts
[Nov 14th, 2013] sent the AOS packet [i-485, I-765, I-131]
[Nov 16th, 2013] package was delivered
[Nov 22nd, 2013] received NOA1 via text message
[Nov 25th, 2013] check cleared my bank
[Nov 28th, 2013] received hard copy of NOA1 in the mail
[Dec 5th, 2013] received Biometrics appointment letter
[Dec 18th, 2013] Biometrics appointment
[Jan 17th, 2014] EAD/AP - card in the mail
[March 3rd, 2014] received I-797 in the mail, stating that my wife's AOS was approved, and to expect her green card in 3 weeks
[March 7th, 2014] received green card in the mail - we did not have an AOS interview

Having a Baby!!!
[October 28th, 2014] Pregnancy test is positive
[July 6th, 2015] our son is born

Removal of Conditions journey starts
[Dec 8th, 2015] sent the ROC packet I-751
[Dec 10th, 2015] NOA1
{Dec.14th,2015} Checked cleared my bank
[Jan 5th, 2016] Biometrics appointment
[June 1st, 2016] Notified that new card in production
[June 8th, 2016] Notified that card has been mailed
[June 10th, 2016] Received 10 year green card in the mail

US Naturalization (N-400) journey starts
[Feb. 10th, 2017] sent the US Naturalization paperwork - N-400
[Feb         , 2017] NOA1
[Feb.        , 2017] Check cleared my bank
[March      ,2017] Biometrics appointment

Timeline

It is very upsetting, but there are a lot of variables at play. The fact your file got transferred didn't help. It just depends on the pile you are in. Some adjudicators work quickly, some not so much. There are a lot of vacations this time of year. If your guy took a two week vacation for X-mas, guess what.

All you can do is hang in there, it WILL come through. Do the things I mentioned earlier.

Timeline

Ok thank you. Maybe I will try my loc office to see if they can help. I also put in a service request with Uscis. I just don't know why some cases are touched so fast and others just sit? So far no RFE. I am going to wait a little bit more into January. Would it also help to email Uscis as well.

From the posts I've seen here, talking with USCIS is pretty much a waste of time. Best bet Congress person, and USCIS apppointment,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

have you tried to speak to a TIER 2 rep by calling USCIS???

I-129F Mailed: 8/23/13

Received at lockbox in Texas: 8/26/13

Text/Email Received: 8/29/13

Case at: TSC

NOA1 Received: 9/3/2013

Alien number changed: 9/18/2013

No RFE!

Petition Approved: 11/25/2013

Petition sent to the NVC: 12/12/13

Obtained case number: 12/19/2013

Petition sent to the consulate: 12/23/2013

Interview: 01/10/2014

Timeline

From our NOA1 to NOA2 was exactly 7 months and 1 week, and then we waited 4 months till her interview, so just be patient.

When I was waiting on our NOA2 I remember I used to check the USCIS website daily to look for any status updates and then the first day I didn't check the website I got a text message informing me of our NOA2. Once you get your NOA2 you'll still have anywhere from two months to six months till your actual interview, so all I can suggest is be as patient as you can, which I know is easier said than done.

Right now my wife and I are waiting for her EAD, AP, and our AOS interview. The good thing is when you get to this step at least your wife is right next to you waiting.

This whole process isn't for the faint of heart.

Or the small of pocket book dry.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.