AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I am trying to know it the 2 letters of intent are 100% needed to get the NOA2…we sent crazy tones of evidence but we thought that with the petitioner letter of intent originally signed (my fiancé) was ok as it really wasn't clear… will we get a RFE for sure or could we still get an approval straight?

We got our NOA 1 on june 12th and our alien registration number was changed july 16th, is it a good sign?

I will very much appreciate any response :) thank you!

Edited by Lara Darling

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

There's really no way of knowing if you'll get an RFE or not. Seeing as some people have, though, for lack of original dated and signed letters of intent from both parties, I would plan ahead and start working on getting them already. IF you do get the RFE for that reason, you'll be all set to send them in. That said, the NOA1 simply means your case has been opened, and that the alien has now been given an alien registration number. Everyone goes through that process, both people who get RFEs and those who don't, and people who in the end are not approved for whatever reason. You're on your way, but there's still a lot more to come. :)

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Timeline

There's really no way of knowing if you'll get an RFE or not. Seeing as some people have, though, for lack of original dated and signed letters of intent from both parties, I would plan ahead and start working on getting them already. IF you do get the RFE for that reason, you'll be all set to send them in. That said, the NOA1 simply means your case has been opened, and that the alien has now been given an alien registration number. Everyone goes through that process, both people who get RFEs and those who don't, and people who in the end are not approved for whatever reason. You're on your way, but there's still a lot more to come. :)

Thank you for your response :) I guess theres not to much to be done but wait and see. You got your NOA 2 pretty fast! I hope it goes fast for me as well…when you get a RFE and you sent whatever they ask for, it gets approved soon after that? cuz it seems that they are on your case and you get the approval once they have al from you.

Sorry I have so many little questions! Thank you!

Timeline

Typically, yes, once they receive the RFE reply, the approval tends to follow shortly after.

And hey, no worries on the questions, we've all had them. :) Good luck!

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got an RFE for his Divorce Decree...but the thing is we already send it when we file our I-129F we got confused why they asked us for the divorce paper when we already send it, is it possible that they lost the copy we sent them? It just annoying and it delays our petition because of a document we already hand over in the first place. :cry:

Timeline

There have been members reporting that a long form of the divorce decree is needed, or the final decree.

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

The N-400 journey:

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

JOrOp1.png

Timeline

Hello Everyone!

We just got a RFE…I already mentioned i was somehow expecting one because one letter of intent was missing…but we still don't know if its just that or what. I just checked the "my case status" and this is what is says:

On July 10, 2014, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283

We are waiting to get the mail and see what they ask for. We got our noa1 on june 12th, less than a month ago so at least we know the process is being fast and hope for the best once we submit the RFE response….a little sad though.

Anyone can share a little of how long it takes to get it and how long they take to review the RFE response and notice us back? should we have gotten a text or email to get this kind of notice? We are at the california center…we will have to send it there right?
A little stress now. Thank you for your attention!! I hope you are all getting good knows somehow :)

Timeline

Does anybody knows if there is a way of knowing what they want in a RFE before getting the RFE hardcopy?

We just want to sent whatever they need as fast as possible...

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When we got our RFE I felt the same. So I called USCIS. They would not tell me. However they said if the Petitioner called they wpuld tell him.

However when the RFE arrives there are 2 sheets. And you have to send one back to them on top of the evidence. So you can't return anything until you have the hard copy.

Timeline

When we got our RFE I felt the same. So I called USCIS. They would not tell me. However they said if the Petitioner called they wpuld tell him.

However when the RFE arrives there are 2 sheets. And you have to send one back to them on top of the evidence. So you can't return anything until you have the hard copy.

Thank You for your replied!! Ill tell my fiancé and see if he calls today because although we can't send anything till we get the RFE hardcopy if its me that has to send something at least we could save time while we get it and send it to him. And then you got your Noa2 super fast after….that keeps my hopes high!!

Edited by Lara Darling

Timeline

We just for the RFE hard copy and the specifically just ask for my letter of intent! Amazing...

So tomorrow ill just sent it early in the morning to my fiancé in express mail and try to submit it to the CSC this same week.

We cross our fingers and let you know what happens! From this experience i get that a single paper is very important. We submitted witness letters, tones of pics, all they basically ask for except my letter of intent and boom! RFE.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We cannot stress this enough. Even though it is probably on here already, but do not forget to have copies of your passport stamps!

April 15, 2014 : I-129F Package Sent

April 19, 2014 : I-129F Package Delivery Confirmation via USPS

April 24, 2014 - NOA1 received via email/text

April 25, 2014 - Alien Registration Number changed

April 28, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail.

May 23, 2014 - RFE received in mail.

June 5, 2014 - Response to RFE Sent

June 11, 2014 - NOA2 Approval via website!!!

June 14, 2014 - NOA2 received in mail.

June 24, 2014 - NVC Case # via phone!

June 25, 2014 - NVC forwarded case to Embassy

June 26, 2014 - Embassy received case.

June 26, 2014 - NVC letter in mail.

August 4-5, 2014 - Medical

August 6, 2014 - CFO Seminar

August 13, 2014 - VIsa Interview (Expedited)

August 19, 2014 - VISA ready for pick up!

August 20, 2014 - Packet 3 Arrived

August 26, 2014 - POE!

August 26, 2014 - Notice to schedule an Interview...

October 23, 2014 - AOS/EAD Package Sent

October 30, 2014 - NOA1 via website

November 1, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail

November 6, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled in mail

November 19, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment

Timeline

We cannot stress this enough. Even though it is probably on here already, but do not forget to have copies of your passport stamps!

Hola! How do you know your NOA2 is approved via website? is 100% when the "decision" circle is dark blue?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.