AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

I'm not a lawyer but my understanding after more reading on Nisi decree, it seems that a nisi decree is not the final and absolute final divorce decree. So it seems USCIS wants the final divorce decree.

Thank you very much for your reply! I've read the link which you sent,yes it seems it's not final.But my fiance had divorce in 2003 and since that time used this Divorce Certificate which he has all the time he needed! So now I don't know where he needs to get this final copy of it? Where does he need to go,to the court? But he lives in another State now? I don't really know what to do,just waiting till he woke up and we can discuss it!

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you very much for your reply! I've read the link which you sent,yes it seems it's not final.But my fiance had divorce in 2003 and since that time used this Divorce Certificate which he has all the time he needed! So now I don't know where he needs to get this final copy of it? Where does he need to go,to the court? But he lives in another State now? I don't really know what to do,just waiting till he woke up and we can discuss it!

I would assume if he got his absolute at the time, he can get a new certificate from the office that issued it.

If he didn't apply for it, then I assume he can call the original court, and get the papers sent there to apply for it.

Without the Absolute he's not divorced, and USCIS say he must be free to marry.

I would assume if he got his absolute at the time, he can get a new certificate from the office that issued it.

If he didn't apply for it, then I assume he can call the original court, and get the papers sent there to apply for it.

Without the Absolute he's not divorced, and USCIS say he must be free to marry.

Yes,thank you,I read just now in internet and already got it! So all that he needs is to apply for the Divorce Absolute Decree!

He divorced 13 years ago and I hope it will not take long to get this Absolute copy now!

As I understand he can go to the court and apply for it? If he be able to get them at the same day,I'm wondering? Don't wanna wait for a long time really!!

ROC -"CSC"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Yes,thank you,I read just now in internet and already got it! So all that he needs is to apply for the Divorce Absolute Decree!

He divorced 13 years ago and I hope it will not take long to get this Absolute copy now!

As I understand he can go to the court and apply for it? If he be able to get them at the same day,I'm wondering? Don't wanna wait for a long time really!!

I think all he needs to do is go to his city court/hall and request for a certified one copy of one of the final divorce decree. It shouldn't take long to get it(even same day), if it was never contested and it has been finalized by the court.

Good luck and let us know what happens ok?

I think all he needs to do is go to his city court/hall and request for a certified one copy of one of the final divorce decree. It shouldn't take long to get it(even same day), if it was never contested and it has been finalized by the court.

Good luck and let us know what happens ok?

Yes,thank you a lot for your help,it really helps me a lot!!!!

Sure,I will let you know)))

ROC -"CSC"

Timeline

I'm sure that all he needs to do is call the state city hall(where he used to live) vital statistic office where he filed his divorce and they can send him a certified copy of his final divorce. He can get it even if he doesn't live in that state anymore. Its like people requesting birth certificates from all over when they moved. What state did he used to live in?

I think there are two copies, a long version one and a short version one. Have him get the long version one. I got both versions of mine, a short one to quickly prove that I'm divorced and the long one just in case I get someone requesting more proofs, like agreeing on dividing assets etc...

I'm sure that all he needs to do is call the state city hall(where he used to live) vital statistic office where he filed his divorce and they can send him a certified copy of his final divorce. He can get it even if he doesn't live in that state anymore. Its like people requesting birth certificates from all over when they moved. What state did he used to live in?

I think there are two copies, a long version one and a short version one. Have him get the long version one. I got both versions of mine, a short one to quickly prove that I'm divorced and the long one just in case I get someone requesting more proofs, like agreeing on dividing assets etc...

He had divorce in Massachusetts but now lives in Florida! Yes I will tell him what you said,and hopefully we can get this papers quickly!

ROC -"CSC"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

In Massachusetts he needs to go the Probate and Family Court where he was divorced, pay $20 and get a copy of the absolute divorce decree. He can get it the same day. It took me 10 minutes to get mine.

If he is not in Massachusetts anymore, then...he can get a copy of his divorce decree by mail. The fee is $20.00 for a certified copy plus one dollar per page for every page except the first. You need to contact the Probate and Family Court where your divorce was filed. You can find the address by selecting the proper town in the Courthouse Locator, and then selecting the Probate and Family Court. In your letter, include the names of the people, the approximate date of the divorce, and if you have it, the docket number. Include your full address and phone number in case they have questions. He can probably include a copy of NISI decree for faster processing.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Wait4ever?

01/14/14 I -129F Petition sent
01/17/14 Petition received
01/22/14 NOA1 - TSC
06/23/14 Service Request created after congressional inquiry
07/03/14 Email from USCIS - our case is on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/04/14 No update from USCIS. Filed a case with CIS Ombudsman
08/05/14 Senators/Congresswoman cannot help with my case because security checks are pending
08/05/14 Another Service Request created by Tier 2 since no response from TSC.
08/18/14 Email from USCIS in response to second service request - still on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/21/14 NOA2 (finally after 7 months)

08/25/14 Email from USCIS - approved case shipped to NVC on 8/22/14

09/02/14 Case received by NVC

09/04/14 Case # assigned by NVC

09/05/14 In transit to the Embassy

09/09/14 Case received by Tbilisi Embassy - ready for interview

09/17/14 Interview!!! - APPROVED!!!!
09/24/14 POE :D

10/31/14 Married :devil:

11/05/14 Filed for Adjustment of Status

11/13/14 NOA1

12/04/14 Biometrics

01/21/15 AP/EAD approved

01/26/15 Card mailed

01/29/15 Combo card arrived in the mail

02/25/15 Notice of Potential Interview Waiver received in the mail

07/09/15 Green Card approved on USCIS site

07/13/15 Notice received in the mail

In Massachusetts he needs to go the Probate and Family Court where he was divorced, pay $20 and get a copy of the absolute divorce decree. He can get it the same day. It took me 10 minutes to get mine.

If he is not in Massachusetts anymore, then...he can get a copy of his divorce decree by mail. The fee is $20.00 for a certified copy plus one dollar per page for every page except the first. You need to contact the Probate and Family Court where your divorce was filed. You can find the address by selecting the proper town in the Courthouse Locator, and then selecting the Probate and Family Court. In your letter, include the names of the people, the approximate date of the divorce, and if you have it, the docket number. Include your full address and phone number in case they have questions. He can probably include a copy of NISI decree for faster processing.

Hope this helps.

Thank you a lot for this useful information! My fiance already called over there and found out all the info,some of his relatives will get this papers for us and will send via email!!!!

Thanks

ROC -"CSC"

Thanks guys, with your help and advices- my fiance just got his Absolute Divorce Decree by email and going to send them back to to USCIS tomorrow! Hope our NOA2 will come soon after that!

ROC -"CSC"

Timeline

Thanks guys, with your help and advices- my fiance just got his Absolute Divorce Decree by email and going to send them back to to USCIS tomorrow! Hope our NOA2 will come soon after that!

I'm so happy for you! That's great news! Good luck!

Thank you a lot! Best of luck for everyone guys,we all deserve this!

ROC -"CSC"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When you get a RFE does your case status change to stating that? I got an e-mail and case status change saying that some mail was undeliverable at my address. I'm trying to figure out what the mail was, haha. The case status still just says In Review.

When you get a RFE does your case status change to stating that? I got an e-mail and case status change saying that some mail was undeliverable at my address. I'm trying to figure out what the mail was, haha. The case status still just says In Review.

My case status online still says:

Request for Evidence

On June 7, 2014, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

And I have a question too, for those guys who know, withing how much time USCIS will change our case status to (Request For Evidence Response Review)???? We sent them back Divorce Certificate which they need-June 18th by (2 days)express mail,the tracking number says it delivered yesterday! So My question is when they notify us that they got our papers?!!!

Thanks

ROC -"CSC"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My case status online still says:

Request for Evidence

On June 7, 2014, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

And I have a question too, for those guys who know, withing how much time USCIS will change our case status to (Request For Evidence Response Review)???? We sent them back Divorce Certificate which they need-June 18th by (2 days)express mail,the tracking number says it delivered yesterday! So My question is when they notify us that they got our papers?!!!

Thanks

My fiance submitted our RFE reply on June 19 by Priority Mail-1 Day. Based from tracking,CSC received it on June 20 around 11am. Early of June 21 (Sat), my fiance received an email and text message from USCIS stating they received our RFE reply and USCIS website case status says: Request for Evidence Response Review

Hoping for NOA2 soon :)

04/12/2014: I-129F sent
04/15/2014: Delivered at Lewisville TX
04/18/2014: USCIS Acceptance Confirmation

04/22/2014: Alien Registration Number changed
04/24/2014: NOA1 Hard Copy received (Notice Date: 4/17)
06/12/2014: RFE Hard Copy received (Notice Date: 6/06)
06/19/2014: RFE Reply sent (Delivered: 6/20)
07/08/2014: NOA2 received

07/31/2014: Packet 3 received

08/06/2014: Packet 4 received via e-mail

08/21/2014: Medical Exam

09/02/2014: Interview

09/04/2014: CEAC Status: ISSUED

09/09/2014: VISA on hand

I want to be better,stronger,kinder

simply because I know you.
This is what Love does to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.