AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

There was a case very similar to yours, but they were in a South American country, if I recall correctly, and they managed to get approved. So, there is hope. :)

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

RFE help line? Receipt#?

I just received an RFE that says my G325a was not properly completed and I need to re-submitt. There are no details as to what exactly is incomplete. Am I supposed to read their minds? I called 800 375 5283 and the computer says to punch 2 if you have questions. After that is says to enter my receipt number. My receipt number starts with SRC and ten digits. When I enter the ten digits it says "not enough digits" and then hangs up on me. I hope you wonderful folks have a solution for this and thanks very much.

There was a case very similar to yours, but they were in a South American country, if I recall correctly, and they managed to get approved. So, there is hope. :)

Thank you. You're insight is really giving me a relaxed, stress free mind. :)

Timeline

I have not had any comments on this. Is anyone else having trouble with the helpline or receipt number? thanks

RFE help line? Receipt#?

I just received an RFE that says my G325a was not properly completed and I need to re-submitt. There are no details as to what exactly is incomplete. Am I supposed to read their minds? I called 800 375 5283 and the computer says to punch 2 if you have questions. After that is says to enter my receipt number. My receipt number starts with SRC and ten digits. When I enter the ten digits it says "not enough digits" and then hangs up on me. I hope you wonderful folks have a solution for this and thanks very much.

I have not had any comments on this. Is anyone else having trouble with the helpline or receipt number? thanks

I haven't tried calling the USCIS. my fiance does that (he's in the US). how many times have you tried calling? Our receipt numbers consisting of three initial letters then followed by the ten numbers. Try dialing again and again. entering the ten numbers in your receipts.

Timeline

I haven't tried calling the USCIS. my fiance does that (he's in the US). how many times have you tried calling? Our receipt numbers consisting of three initial letters then followed by the ten numbers. Try dialing again and again. entering the ten numbers in your receipts.

thanks friend, When your fiance calls USCIS is he able to speak with a person? My receipt number is like yours, three letters and ten numbers. Then the computer say not enough numbers and hangs up. I have tried about six times but will keep trying. I am in Texas and my lady is in Thailand and I am trying to bring her here for marriage. I am wondering if any forum members have actually been able to speak to a person when calling USCIS. thanks and the best of luck to you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Perhaps try entering the number equivalent of the letters? For example, SRC = 772 and then the 10 digits. That is just a guess but I have seen stranger things happen. :). Good luck.

Edited by Texasav8r

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Timeline

thanks friends for the help. perhaps i did forget the pound key. it also says if you do not know your receipt number then press 2. so i tried that and actually got a live person on the phone. so i gave him my receipt number and lo and behold he found my case. so i got back to the root of problem which was the rfe did not explain what the problem was with the g325a and i asked to speak with the officer that sent me the rfe. i was told oh no you cannot speak to that officer you must make a appointment to go the the USCIS office or seek legal help. this would be laughable if it was not such a serious endeavor. so i keep trying so that the love of my life can join me in the USA.

RFE help line? Receipt#?

I had this problem as well but figured out how to do it...... You input the SRC first which would be 772 then your 10 digit case number.

It will look like this 772_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I-129F Petition
Service Center: Texas Service Center
I-129F Sent: 3/17/14
I-129F NOA1: 3/24/14
Alien Registration Number Changed: 3/25/14
I-129F NOA2: 8/25/14
Sent to NVC: 8/28/14
NVC Received: 9/8/14
Case # Assigned: 9/9/14
Left NVC: 9/11/14
Consulate Received: 9/16/14
Packet 3 Received (Instructions/Checklist): 9/19/14
Packet 3 Completed: 9/23/14
Medical Scheduled: 10/15/14
Packet 4 Received (Appointment Date): 10/2/14
Interview Date (Helsinki Consulate): 10/27/14
Interview Result: APPROVED!
Visa Received: 10/31/14
POE/Baltimore (BWI): 12/9/14
Married: 1/12/15

Adjustment of Status I-485
Service Center: National Benefits Center
I-485 Sent: 1/24/15
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 1/27/15
Check Cashed by USCIS: 2/2/15
NOA 1: 1/30/15
Biometrics Appointment: 3/13/15
Biometrics Completed (USCIS Baltimore) 3/13/15
Letter from DHS Advising of Potentially no Interview Required for our Case: 6/15/15
Case Transferred to Kansas City Missouri Field Office: 1/26/16
RFE Received Wanting a New Vaccination Supplement: 2/4/16
Appointment Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/15/16
Appointment Cancelled due to Weather Conditions: 2/15/16
Appointment Re-Scheduled with Civil Surgeon: 2/16/16
Civil Surgeon Completed I-693 Vaccination Supplement Needed: 2/16/16
RFE Response Sent to Kansas City Field Office via USPS: 2/16/16
Delivered to USCIS Field Office by USPS: 2/19/16
Signed Return Receipt Receipt in Mail from USCIS: 2/22/16
I-485 Notification Application APPROVED - No Interview: 2/23/16
NOA 2 Approval Notice Received Through Mail: 2/27/16
Green Card Sent Through Mail Notification: 2/26/16
Received Card in Mail: 3/2/16

Employment Authorization I-765
Service Center: National Benefits Center
I-765 Sent: 1/24/15
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 1/27/15
NOA 1: 1/30/15
Biometrics Appointment: 3/13/15
Biometrics Completed (USCIS Baltimore) 3/13/15
EAD Approved: 3/30/15
Received Card in Mail: 4/8/15
---------------------------------------------
Sent Renewal I-765 to Chicago Lockbox: 1/30/16
Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2/3/16
NOA 1: 2/8/16
Biometrics Appointment: 3/2/16
No need to get them done due to getting Green Card

Removal of Conditions on Residence I-751
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
I-751 Sent: 1/16/18
Delivered to Center: 1/19/18
 NOA 1: 1/24/18
Case Approved: 4/2/19
GC Received in Mail: 4/15/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So as I was assembling all the copied forms into a package for my fiance', I realized that on the supplement page I had to make for my employment over the last 5 years on the G-325A, I didn't include the address for the very last place listed. I just put the name & was planning to find the address & fill it in before I printed & mailed it off with everything. I totally forgot! Has anyone gotten an RFE for this?

Also, my fiancé put June of 2014 as an end date for one of his two jobs he's currently employed at on his G-325A. I also didn't catch this until it was too late. Man, I thought I had triple checked everything but I guess I had just been staring at it all for too long! Any RFEs for something like this before? I'm currently searching through this post but there's 93 pages :wacko:

04/23/2014- Mailed I-129F petition

04/24/2014- Arrived at Dallas lockbox

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

05/01/2014- Received NOA1 hardcopy, Alien Registration # changed

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

09/22/2014- Received electronic NOA2 dated 9/19/2014

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

12/17/2014- Interview: APPROVED

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

04/06/2015- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1 for all three

04/13/2015- Received NOA1 hardcopies for all three dated 4/3/2015
04/18/2015- Received NOA for biometrics appointment dated 4/10/2015

04/28/2015- Biometrics appointment in Houston

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

No clue on what you specifically asked, but do bear in mind that this thread was started a long while back and some of the things that people get RFEs for now don't necessarily match what used to happen a few years ago. Hope your stuff isn't an issue, though!

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

No clue on what you specifically asked, but do bear in mind that this thread was started a long while back and some of the things that people get RFEs for now don't necessarily match what used to happen a few years ago. Hope your stuff isn't an issue, though!

I didn't go back very far because I knew the further I went, the more outdated the information would be and more likely it was to be incorrect. I was basically asking if anyone knew of a RFE for not putting the address for one of the previous places of employment on the G-325A or one for putting a future date as the "end date" for one of the employers.

04/23/2014- Mailed I-129F petition

04/24/2014- Arrived at Dallas lockbox

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

05/01/2014- Received NOA1 hardcopy, Alien Registration # changed

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

09/22/2014- Received electronic NOA2 dated 9/19/2014

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

12/17/2014- Interview: APPROVED

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

04/06/2015- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1 for all three

04/13/2015- Received NOA1 hardcopies for all three dated 4/3/2015
04/18/2015- Received NOA for biometrics appointment dated 4/10/2015

04/28/2015- Biometrics appointment in Houston

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Hi guys.

Made a slight error in not including my fiancee's proof of US citizenship. She has lost her birth certificate so we are opting to send a copy of every page of her passport (as requested).

My question is whether these copies need to be colour or just black & white?

Sorry if this is stated elsewhere and is obvious, but we have no internet at present so I'm doing this off my phone and it's incredibly hard to navigate the site.

Thanks

Mark

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So as I was assembling all the copied forms into a package for my fiance', I realized that on the supplement page I had to make for my employment over the last 5 years on the G-325A, I didn't include the address for the very last place listed. I just put the name & was planning to find the address & fill it in before I printed & mailed it off with everything. I totally forgot! Has anyone gotten an RFE for this?

Also, my fiancé put June of 2014 as an end date for one of his two jobs he's currently employed at on his G-325A. I also didn't catch this until it was too late. Man, I thought I had triple checked everything but I guess I had just been staring at it all for too long! Any RFEs for something like this before? I'm currently searching through this post but there's 93 pages :wacko:

Now you've made me think, I really don't recall writing down my (beneficiary) employment details on the G-325A form. And now I'm wondering if we wrote his. We double checked all our forms before sending them....panicking.

Now you've made me think, I really don't recall writing down my (beneficiary) employment details on the G-325A form. And now I'm wondering if we wrote his. We double checked all our forms before sending them....panicking.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.