AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all

I joined the site a few days ago and I currently am at my wit's end.

My fiance and I received NOA1 on in mid August, however, I cannot recall if he submitted the "Intent to marry within 90days" part. We have yet to receive RFE, I'm just worried. Should we not have received and RFE by now if that were the case?

I'm super stressed about the whole process

Thanks

I checked the date status for what submission dates are being approved NOA2s now, and it's the submissions from around mid-August. So, if you haven't received an RFE by now, I would imagine you are safe. Did you receive your NOA2 yet? I thought the letters of intent to marry were required, but perhaps they are required at the Embassy when you show up for your interview. I'm interested to know the status of your case...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just got back an RFE, but I don't know what I should submit. It says I did not provide evidence of "ownership and value" of my saving/checking accounts and my stocks and bonds. I sent them my previous bank statements and the most recent one. What else would I need to show evidence of these items?

It also said that my income does not match my tax returns. Again, I submitted 6-7 pay stubs. I don't know how they want me to calculate my earnings? I guess the difficult part here is that I am a graduate student, so I work full time in the summer and part time during the winter, and I don't know how to calculate my earnings. I thought it would not be a big deal because we have a sponsor who is a doctor...

Any help would be appreciated.

I sent our 129F package back in Aug 2012, i did not include my income info, tax documents or the affidavit of support because it did not say on the guidelines that time. Can you update us what happened to your case? TOday I received an RFE notification. Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Although you would think it would be obvious to them that there is evidence of visits to the U.S. if they have a copy of your passport with all the stamps for dates of entering the U.S. They can easily check what airport you entered. I sent my boarding passes, hotel bookings and e-tickets/ reservations. I also sent photos, our baby`s consular report of birth abroad, with my fiancee`s signatures on the documents i submitted when registering his birth abroad. I also sent emails right from the day we met, gift receipts, cards and letters.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

we also sent tax returns for the last 3 years, a letter from employer stating employment info and wages, letters of intent to marry, and affidavits of friends and family about being a couple. There affidavits gave details of friends and family visits we made together. We also both wrote a letter about how we met, and all the visits and things we do together, including movies we went to see at the cinema, places eating out together, hobbies together etc.

We got our RFE in mail today... it is a simple and stupid one. I overlooked one question and they are requesting info for it. And I triple checked everything to make sure I have everything filled out correctly.

I am glad that finally something is going on but I am so mad on myself now bc I put this extended unnecessary delay for this already long and painful process. Oh well… :bonk:

“Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.”

― Aristotle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Can anyone provide a proper list as of today what needs to be included in the packet when the k1 visa is sent out as i seen a lot of stuff here and there and i will be looking to do mine after my second visit to armenia in april. Or any links and im from ny so which lockbox do i send it to as i see vt chicago dallas .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello,thank you for this pinned post about RFE..me ad my fiance did not expect that our case will be touched this month,but when we check our status at uscis site it says we got an rfe..and was mailed just today..im wondering what it was all about..so sudden and unexpected since we are expecting news end of april or by may..oh well at least someone reviewed our papers!ad i hope we can comply asap...btw our noa1 was dated september 24th...

event.png

event.png

Can anyone provide a proper list as of today what needs to be included in the packet when the k1 visa is sent out as i seen a lot of stuff here and there and i will be looking to do mine after my second visit to armenia in april. Or any links and im from ny so which lockbox do i send it to as i see vt chicago dallas .

Try the K1 guide because it gives good guidance and if you don't understand something, then seek out the K1 forum and many in there will help you out. On the dark blue menu stripe at the top of this page you will see Home, Forums, Portals and Guides etc. Choose "Guides" and look for K1 Guide.

Good luck :D

Greenbaum

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Once you get the RFE how much time you have to respond? I am going outside the country for 2 weeks with no one to check my mail on my back, and worrying what if I get RFE in that time window? I would really appreciate any help into this matter :)

Try the K1 guide because it gives good guidance and if you don't understand something, then seek out the K1 forum and many in there will help you out. On the dark blue menu stripe at the top of this page you will see Home, Forums, Portals and Guides etc. Choose "Guides" and look for K1 Guide.

Good luck :D

Greenbaum

We got our RFE two days ago and our deadline to response was June 1st, soooo roughly 90 days.

I have questions as well... USCIS received our RFE yesterday, I got mail delivery confirmation. Do they change the status of our case once they receive RFE? How it works after RFE response is delivered to USCIS?

Cheers

― Aristotle

Thanks Mawi!

np... pleasure is mine :)

btw i got the answer on my question as well... they've just changed our case status

― Aristotle

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am a US Citizen filed for my foreign fiance in Aug 2012 and we received REF for missing the question,

"Have you ever been convicted by a court of law (civil or criminal) or court-martialed by a military tribunal for any of the following crimes:

-Domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and neglect, dating violence, elder abuse, and or stalking.

-Homicide, murder, manslaughter, rape, abusive sexual contact, sexual exploitation, incest, torture, trafficking, peonage, holding hostage, involuntary servitude, slave trade, kidnapping, abduction, unlawful criminal restraint, false imprisonment, or an attempt to commit any of these crimes.

-Crimes relating to a controlled substance or alcohol on three or more occasions and such crimes did not arise from a single act. "

I left it blank because I thought it only applies if you met your fiancé(e) or spouse through the services of an international marriage broker.

I need to answer YES or NO.

My concern is, I had a misdemeanor (petit larceny) charge back in 2010 I do not know if I need to answer YES and provide all the documents relating to that charge. Or answer NO because it was not a case of domestic violence, sexual assault or controlled substance/alcohol.

Please advise, thank you so much for your time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hello, all. Well, i felt really good about my evidence until I started reading these posts. I did not submit any of my passport pages...is this a given that I am pretty much guaranteed an RFE for forgetting? (Although I did not know this site existed when I applied and I don't remember reading the USCIS suggest that for evidence.) I sent copies of all my airline tickets, several pictures, emails, letters, train tickets, letters of intent, birth certificate, etc. I met my fiancé in college over 3 years ago and have pictures of us together at each of our graduations in front of a huge sign with the name of our school. We have multiple pictures in Croatia and the USA as well as two pictures of our engagement with the ring. I don't know how else I can prove we have met and are in a relationship! Should I basically be expecting to receive an RFE?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.