AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

At least instead of flat out denying due to lack of documentation, they RFE giving you a chance to make up. If they see something obviously wrong with the case then they may deny you instead of wasting their time with RFE process. It's just my personal opinion.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi, just want to share my RFE experience.

I have a joint sponsor because my wife is a student, and of course like the starving college students we are, she doesn't make enough. But like an idiot, I forgot to attach my joint sponsor's proof of citizenship. So that put the whole process on hold for a couple of extra weeks. Oh well! I sent it, they received it, and now they are in the process of scheduling my interview.

Just wanted to share that with those who have joint sponsors. Do not make the same mistake I did.

Met my wife: Spring 2010
Became Bf & Gf: July 16, 2010
Got engaged: July 16, 2011
Wedding: August 11, 2012
Sent AOS Docs: December 12, 2012
Rec'd Receipts: December 22, 2012
Rec'd Bio Appt: December 24, 2012 (1/7/12)
Biometrics Done: December 28, 2012 (went early because I wouldn't be able to go on the 7th)
Rec'd Req for Evidence: January 5, 2013 (initial request for my joint sponsor's proof of citizenship)
Sent Evidence Requested: January 10, 2013 (my join sponsor's certificate of naturalization)
Evidence Received: January 15, 2013 (status updated on USCIS website)
Testing and Interview: January 25, 2013 (status updated on USCIS website - now just waiting for the interview date)
Interview date set: January 30, 2013 (our interview was set for March 6th, 2013)
EAD Approved: February 12, 2013
EAD Card Production: February 15, 2013
EAD Card Mailed: February 19, 2013
EAD Card Rec'd: February 23, 2013
Applied for S.S.No.: February 25, 2013
Interview and Approval: March 6, 2013
Green Card Rec'd: March 14, 2013
Applied for new S.S. card: March 15, 2013
Rec'd S.S. card: March 22, 2013

Sent I-751: January 10, 2015

NOA1: January 15, 2015

Biometrics: February 20, 2015
Green Card Rec'd: June 8, 2015

Guest DeletePlse

I mailed off the K-1 packet yesterday and forgot the G-325. Is my packet likely to be rejected? Anyone had this issue? The USCIS website was so contradicting!! Thanks to VJ I now have an understanding of the process!

Day 1 of waiting...

Edited by BonnyRbt

Filed: Timeline

Hi all

I joined the site a few days ago and I currently am at my wit's end.

My fiance and I received NOA1 on in mid August, however, I cannot recall if he submitted the "Intent to marry within 90days" part. We have yet to receive RFE, I'm just worried. Should we not have received and RFE by now if that were the case?

I'm super stressed about the whole process

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I am a july filer and I forgot to include "the fiancé letter of intent" and mid january I got the RFE. My fiancé rushed it to me by DHL and I sent his and mine to them. To be on the safe side, write one for you and your fiancé, email to your fiance and he/she should sign it. If in case they will send you an RFE so you will be ready. You might be lucky and get the approval. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm expecting an RFE because of the same thing. I sent my letter of intent to marry within 90 days in with the I-129f petition for myself, but we overlooked getting a letter of intent to marry from my fiancee (the beneficiary). Our Lawyer explained it was/is optional and it would have been prudent to include it. Fingers crossed and prayers offered...

Just in case, our Lawyer has in his possession my love's letter of intent to marry within 90 days of entry ready to go. He's had it for months now just in case.

Rgds,

Sahs

Edited by Sahs

Timeline

Thank you

I am extremely stressed about the whole process. I seem to be getting more anxious as it draws nearer to the 6month mark.

I think people who go through these processes deserve a medal. We endure a whole lot of ####### for the ones we love.

:crying:

We're slowly creeping up on our 7th month mark now and I know there are others here that are the same. Just try to keep your chin up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hi all

I joined the site a few days ago and I currently am at my wit's end.

My fiance and I received NOA1 on in mid August, however, I cannot recall if he submitted the "Intent to marry within 90days" part. We have yet to receive RFE, I'm just worried. Should we not have received and RFE by now if that were the case?

I'm super stressed about the whole process

Thanks

We are a July 31st filer and just got an RFE today so, no you probably would not have received it by now. Sorry I can't put your mind at ease but at least they are moving along, an RFE means they are actually touching our petition!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I am not sure this is in the right place, I just registered. I wanted to say thanks all who have posted. I submitted my K-1 forms last month and scoured the posts to make sure I did everything right. I "triple-checked" everything twice ;) I saw yesterday morning USCIS debited my bank account and I got the email that it had been accepted. Very relieved!! Thanks again!!

• 4 weeks later...

When my husband (a fiance back then) sent the K-1 package he sent a check for a wrong ammount, so the whole package was rejected and returned to him. He resent it later with the correct check and everything went well afterwards, but it caused a delay for a few days. It wasn't technically a RFE, but I think it can help some people Always check on the uscis website for the right fees, because sometimes they change them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Reading this thread makes me paranoid of getting an RFE, We sent in a lease of our apartment in the US with both of us and our social numbers on it,letters from the Tax Office with both our names on it to the same address, Travel Itinerary to and from the US and to Australia, Bank statements to both of us, Photos and Passport stamps and Visa stamps to each country. Do you think that is enough for evidence of having met?

AOS+EAD Sent 8-9-13

AOS+EAD Received 8-13-13

EAD NOA1 8-13-13

AOS NOA1 8-15-13

AOS+EAD Biometrics 9-17-2013, Walk-In 8-29-2013

EAD Approved 10-15-13

AOS Interview 12-18-13

E-REQUEST 2-3-14

INFOPASS Appointment 2-12-14

AOS Approved 2-24-2014

Timeline

RFE Received and thank GOD it's very straight forward:

1) Affidavit from Fiancée (Beneficiary) attesting her intent to marry Petitioner within 90 days of entering the United States. I saw this one coming, so our Lawyer has this document in hand already.

2) Passport Style Photograph of the US Citizen (Petitioner). Easy…

Thank you Lord Jesus for all you blessings on me… :dance:

Rgds,

Sahs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.