AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Is you make an account at the USCIS website and check your application upon signing in, it'll tell you the date your application was last "touched"

Can you clarify this? I dont see an option to create a new account.

Thanks

PD - Jan 31st 2013

Local Field Office - Washington DC (Fairfax)

NOA2 - August 23 2013

======

NVC Received - 11th September

NVC Assigned - 17th September

DS261 Filled - 20th September

AOS generated - 20th September

AOS paid - 21st September

DS261 Rec'd - 23rd September

AOS Package Rec'd - 30th September

IV Generated - 7th October

IV Paid - 7th October

IV Package Rec'd - 18th October

Checklist For AOS - 29th October

Checklist Responded - 29th October

New AOS Package Rec'd - 30th October

=======

AOS Accepted -

CASE COMPLETE -

Interview -

POE -

owAmp5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Can you clarify this? I dont see an option to create a new account.

Thanks

You can make an account or not to track your case, by the time the send you the NOA1, they give you the number to track your case without making an account on their website.

• 2 weeks later...

This is where this thread is going to confuse many. Getting an RFE for lack of evidence to prove you have met in the past two years almost always is due to a lack of primary evidence. Supplying more, or many photos (secondary evidence) will usually not overcome the burden of proof.

This has been borne out time and again by USCIS decisions whereby they have found mostly in favor of primary evidence and rejected secondary evidence such as photos when submitted as sole proof.

Primary evidence is documentary in nature: airline boarding passes, passport exit/entry stamps, hotel receipts, atm withdrawals in city of question, utility bills, apartment leases, etc.

Secondary evidence The USCIS defines secondary evidence as any documentation that can be used to supplement primary evidence but in itself cannot stand alone to prove ones assertions.

Photos are secondary; so are letters from relatives, neighbors or acquaintances, bus/train tickets and essentially anything that cannot be used to prove your point with a very high degree of certainty.

To sum up; very good Primary evidence with some secondary evidence = NO RFE

very weak Primary evidence with some, or lots of secondary= Possible RFE

No Primary evidence..........................................................= RFE

No Primary, lots of secondary.............................................= RFE

Does that mean facebook/Skype/records of phone calls and phone cards don't count? We met while we were studying in school, we never had an apartment together. We also have not yet had any bills together or any sort of joint account. We were planning to submit at least 30-40 pictures from before, during and after our engagement, at least 10 letters from our friends and family, the giant record of facebook/skype/phone card conversations. Is this not enough? What else can we do?

All that we are and all that will be we dedicate to the One who brought us together

Timeline:

K-1 Journey:

Petition sent: 03/27/2014

Interview date!!! 10/06/2014

AOS:

Packet received at Chicago Lockbox: 2/2/2015

EAD approved! 2/26/2015

AP approved! 2/26/2015

Green card received!! 09/24/2015

ROC: 

I-751 sent off to CSC: 7/25/2017

NOA1: 7/27/2017

Filed Inquiry into Biometrics status: 9/18/2017

10 Year Green Card Approved!!! 10/22/2018

Next Stop, Citizenship! 

Timeline

Does that mean facebook/Skype/records of phone calls and phone cards don't count? We met while we were studying in school, we never had an apartment together. We also have not yet had any bills together or any sort of joint account. We were planning to submit at least 30-40 pictures from before, during and after our engagement, at least 10 letters from our friends and family, the giant record of facebook/skype/phone card conversations. Is this not enough? What else can we do?

Your evidences are good enough, but if you have your tickets to show that you have visited each other, receipt from the post office that you have contact each other, those would be better.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I just got back an RFE, but I don't know what I should submit. It says I did not provide evidence of "ownership and value" of my saving/checking accounts and my stocks and bonds. I sent them my previous bank statements and the most recent one. What else would I need to show evidence of these items?

It also said that my income does not match my tax returns. Again, I submitted 6-7 pay stubs. I don't know how they want me to calculate my earnings? I guess the difficult part here is that I am a graduate student, so I work full time in the summer and part time during the winter, and I don't know how to calculate my earnings. I thought it would not be a big deal because we have a sponsor who is a doctor...

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by JAGX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I'm curious.....Anybody here received an RFE just because G-325A, letter of intent and photos were scanned and sent via email?

Meaning to say, the docs were printed out , signed, scanned and emailed to the petitioner then sent together with the I-129F and other docs.

Thanks!

I just got back an RFE, but I don't know what I should submit. It says I did not provide evidence of "ownership and value" of my saving/checking accounts and my stocks and bonds. I sent them my previous bank statements and the most recent one. What else would I need to show evidence of these items?

It also said that my income does not match my tax returns. Again, I submitted 6-7 pay stubs. I don't know how they want me to calculate my earnings? I guess the difficult part here is that I am a graduate student, so I work full time in the summer and part time during the winter, and I don't know how to calculate my earnings. I thought it would not be a big deal because we have a sponsor who is a doctor...

Any help would be appreciated.

RFE for this? I thought this wasn't even a factor in the process until the interview and the beneficiary submits this (with a 134) to the consulate/embassy?

Hi to all

is it ok that my fiancé only faxed all the documents with his signatures ? Because he sent it already through mail but the courier having hard time to locate my place , are those forms will be valid during my interview? Thanks

Hi to all

is it ok that my fiancé only faxed all the documents with his signatures ? Because he sent it already through mail but the courier having hard time to locate my place , are those forms will be valid during my interview? Thanks

?

Timeline

Hi to all

Hi to all

G-325 and papers that require signature should be original signature. Scan or fax is like copy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I noticed somebody asked a week or so ago if there was a list of all RFEs so people could look out for possible "boo-boos." So here we go!

My RFE reason was;

The forms we downloaded didn't tell us to add evidence of meeting in the past two years or frontal face photographs. Which is weird because we got them directly off the London Embassy site. So we got an RFE for basically the other half of what you're suppost to send origionally. We started the K-1 appliciation before we found this forum so we were kinda just going with the instructions as best as we could. We say if you're just starting the I-129F download it from VJ...they seem to have the right instructions....

Go visa Journey instruction for filing K-1. Everything you need to do is there.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Important information for Swedish National in regards to 'Birth Certificate'!!!

Well hopefully they wont ask me for a specific Birth-certificate as in Sweden everyone is registered on a National Revenue register that is computerized and all records are kept in a computer format.A Birth certificate is now the same as a Personal ID record in Sweden. So when you need a proof of ID you just go online and request one ( It has your personal details and who you are married to + the date of marriage) or if you need a translated proof of ID you can just phone them up and request it.

Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants

Stockholm, Sweden

Birth Certificates:

Available. Birth records, “Personbevis” can be obtained from the Swedish Tax Agency

(Skatteverket). The complete version should state the applicant's date and place of birth,

the names of both parents, their marital status and their date of marriage, if applicable.

Applicants should request the English version. This certificate is only applicable to

applicants who are born in Sweden.

Marriage Certificates:

Available. The marriage record is obtained from the local tax office of the Swedish Tax

Agency (Skatteverket). The complete extract of the population register (“Personbevis”)

should state applicant’s date and place of birth, marital status, date of marriage and name

of spouse. Applicants should request the English version.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

RFE for this? I thought this wasn't even a factor in the process until the interview and the beneficiary submits this (with a 134) to the consulate/embassy?

I thought this as well.

Does anyone know if the initial I29F submission should contain info on income etc???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

They returned my photos stacked together in a loose envelope and Facebook communication on a cd. I contacted the USCIS local office and they recommended to resend the information in a corrected format and my receipt number (already received noa1). I color copied photos on a plain paper with captions, printed off FB & SKYPE chats (50 pages each), used this opportunity to add additional financial documents, emails, phone records and mailed everything to vsc. I haven't received any acknowledgement yet (submitted 2 data ago), and I don't know if I ever will, or will it be even able to make it to the original packet? I have also included the USCIS letter of rejecting my incompatible format information, which may help towards them accepting my corrected information. Anybody with similar experiences?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.