AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Received my RFE way back in March. VSC is asking for more proof that we met with in the last 2 yrs (2007 - 2009)

So made a huge info packet hoping to satisfy their request.

:bonk:

Lets see what happens.

Still kinda laughing at the fact, that i fedexd the request packet two days (march 29, and some one signed for it on march 30) after i received the RFE. They finally decided to open the packet and up-date their status yesterday!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

I've seen on your timeline that your petition has been approved. Can you give us more information about the proof you sent to USCIS of having met within the last 2 years? My fiance comes from Romania and has been living in the US for 5 years. He applied recently for naturalization. That's the reason we haven't filed the I-129F yet. I'm from Romania too. We've known each other since 2006 online and 2007 in person. Since 2007 we've met 5 times. We plan to meet again this summer and, immediately after that, file our petition. This means that, by the time my fiance files the I-129F, we will have seen each other 4 times in the past 2 years. He had to come to Romania because I was denied when I applied for a visitor visa twice. But there's o big deal, his family is here, so he had all the reasons to come and visit. Will the fact that he sent me an invitation, I-134, be a problem? Back then, in august 2009, when I applied for that visa, he stated on the I-134 that we are "family friends" because we were so sure that if we put "girlfirend"/"boyfriend" they'll deny my application. Which they have, anyway. Will they consider we lied to them and cause us problems for our petition? At the interview stage, we plan to tell them the truth if they ever ask us. Does a consulate keep track of these things? They've returned my I-134, but they kept the DS-156. How long do they keep those DS-156 for those they denied? I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I've read all the posts in this thread. It took me a while, but it feels so much better to know more.

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Timeline

i have a question about how long does it takes to get ur second noa2 after u send them the RFE . they say on the website to wait thier response in 2 months, can it takes more than 2 months?

I have read this thread, it probably depends on the case, but from what others say, it will only take a few weeks if they have all the information they need.

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Last time I only sent in my itinerary because I was in the U.S while we sent out the packet but this time I will send the Boardingpasses as well...because I flew already back home, before I din't had my boarding passes...do you have any other idea what we should send??

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Nina

It might help you if you send a copy of your bank record showing the ammount for the tickets you have purcased.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I cant believe it, our iterinary, Dated hotel reciepts with both of our names(some are written some are computer printed signed)and 22 pictures of us together is not enough for proof of meeting each other. got an RFE for proof of meeting each other, I cant find my tickets or boarding passes. So i sent them colored copies om my passport and hers, her passport shows arrival to philippines the same day I arrive in philippines(shes an overseas worker), highlighting all qualifying dates on both of our passport copies. Does any one know if im on the safe side now?

03-08-2010 I129f sent certified usps

03-15-2010 noa1 sent

03-19-2010 noa1 hardcopy recieved

04-01-2010 touched

04-27-2010 touched

04-28-2010 touched

04-29-2010 touched/RFE

04-30-2010 touched

05-03-2010 RFE hardcopy recieved

05-04-2010 RFE sent USPS

05-06-2010 touched/USCIS RFE recieved

05-07-2010 touched

05-12-2010 approved/text/email notification

05-14-2010 NVC recieved

06-03-2010 Manila embassy recieved

06-10-2010 medical exam passed

06-18-2010 Manila embassy Interview approved

06-22-2010 CFO seminar/certified

06-23-2010 visa recieved

06-25-2010 CFO stamps

06-26-2010 POE San Francisco(110 days )

Timeline

I cant believe it, our iterinary, Dated hotel reciepts with both of our names(some are written some are computer printed signed)and 22 pictures of us together is not enough for proof of meeting each other. got an RFE for proof of meeting each other, I cant find my tickets or boarding passes. So i sent them colored copies om my passport and hers, her passport shows arrival to philippines the same day I arrive in philippines(shes an overseas worker), highlighting all qualifying dates on both of our passport copies. Does any one know if im on the safe side now?

We haven't filed yet, but I've already read a big part of this forum and we think you should include the following, as proof of having met in the past two years:

- airline boarding passes;

- train tickets;

- itineraries;

- hotel receipts;

- engagement ring receipt(if you bought one already, though VisaJourney says this is not mandatory);

- passport stamps; (you could be ok if you'll include these)

- photos with you and your fiance(e) - You have to write your names, the date and the place they were taken on the back of each one. A photo album would be nice. I've heard about something like this before

Good luck and get back to us after NOA2 ;)

Edited by Sunshine13

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We haven't filed yet, but I've already read a big part of this forum and we think you should include the following, as proof of having met in the past two years:

- airline boarding passes;

- train tickets;

- itineraries;

- hotel receipts;

- engagement ring receipt(if you bought one already, though VisaJourney says this is not mandatory);

- passport stamps; (you could be ok if you'll include these)

- photos with you and your fiance(e) - You have to write your names, the date and the place they were taken on the back of each one. A photo album would be nice. I've heard about something like this before

Good luck and get back to us after NOA2 ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I thought we had put together a good package - not with more reading i am wondering if we too will rec' an rfe requesting more information of meeting in the last 2 years. We sent in pictures as well as a hotel rec' with both our names and credit card information on it - clearly we split the costs. Because Ken is in Maine and i am in New Brunswick - we drive across the border; so we don't get our passport stamped!...hmmm If they do request i have no idea what else we could do to prove this. Hoping for the best - good luck everyone

Edited by jken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well I thought we had put together a good package - not with more reading i am wondering if we too will rec' an rfe requesting more information of meeting in the last 2 years. We sent in pictures as well as a hotel rec' with both our names and credit card information on it - clearly we split the costs. Because Ken is in Maine and i am in New Brunswick - we drive across the border; so we don't get our passport stamped!...hmmm If they do request i have no idea what else we could do to prove this. Hoping for the best - good luck everyone

I guess it depends who processed it there. there only human, not all of them has the same strickness I hope.... other applicant might have only provided the same items I have sent on my initial filing for K1 visa to prove we met in 2 years and get approved , so you might be ok....It just bad luck for me.....

03-08-2010 I129f sent certified usps

03-15-2010 noa1 sent

03-19-2010 noa1 hardcopy recieved

04-01-2010 touched

04-27-2010 touched

04-28-2010 touched

04-29-2010 touched/RFE

04-30-2010 touched

05-03-2010 RFE hardcopy recieved

05-04-2010 RFE sent USPS

05-06-2010 touched/USCIS RFE recieved

05-07-2010 touched

05-12-2010 approved/text/email notification

05-14-2010 NVC recieved

06-03-2010 Manila embassy recieved

06-10-2010 medical exam passed

06-18-2010 Manila embassy Interview approved

06-22-2010 CFO seminar/certified

06-23-2010 visa recieved

06-25-2010 CFO stamps

06-26-2010 POE San Francisco(110 days )

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We received an RFE for lack of evidence, travelling to and from Canada no passport stamps, travelled by car so no boarding passes. Sent receipts, photos, engagement ring receipt too, not good enough. The only border document I have is a "temporary importation" that I filed with Canadian Customs to bring the ring into Canada the weekend I proposed (I didn't include it in the petition). It has my fiancee's name and is stamped and dated by Canadian customs. I have some other supporting evidence to submit and will try to write a better explaination as to how our relationship was established. I don't know if I should just submit the new documents or send all the evidence again new and previously submitted? The letter also stated that I should submit "film dated" photos, we sent photos that were not printed with the date. Should I have the photos reprinted and include the date if possible? They are digital photos so it maybe an option to have the date if the camera was setup properly. Maybe it would look "doctored up" to do that now. I going to send a couple of letters from people who know as as a couple and have seen us together. Don't know what else I can do, any other ideas?

We received an RFE for lack of evidence, travelling to and from Canada no passport stamps, travelled by car so no boarding passes. Sent receipts, photos, engagement ring receipt too, not good enough. The only border document I have is a "temporary importation" that I filed with Canadian Customs to bring the ring into Canada the weekend I proposed (I didn't include it in the petition). It has my fiancee's name and is stamped and dated by Canadian customs. I have some other supporting evidence to submit and will try to write a better explaination as to how our relationship was established. I don't know if I should just submit the new documents or send all the evidence again new and previously submitted? The letter also stated that I should submit "film dated" photos, we sent photos that were not printed with the date. Should I have the photos reprinted and include the date if possible? They are digital photos so it maybe an option to have the date if the camera was setup properly. Maybe it would look "doctored up" to do that now. I going to send a couple of letters from people who know as as a couple and have seen us together. Don't know what else I can do, any other ideas?

Do you have telephone records as well that may help proving your relationship. What about gas bills, restaurant bills, etc. on a credit card for your trips to visit.

Usually on digital camera's if you haven't deleted the images on the CF card the date and time remains allowing you to print that.

How about printing emails if you have saved them they have the date on those as well. Also text messages can be printed....

Hope this helps!!!

By the way keep track of your border crossing you will need those dates later:thumbs:

Also if you have receipts from ATM showing the date you widrawed money while you were in Canada or any receipts from stores if you used your credit card!

Wish you the best of luck, hope this gets solved!

Edited by faithinGod

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

zzflag019.gif united-states-flag.gif

03/31/2010 filed I129

12/16/2010 Interwiew-Approved

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

05/23/2011 AOS,EAD,AP apps sent

07/15/2011 EAD, AP approved

10/05/2011 AOS approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Greetings. I feel your pain as I received an RFE for lack of evidence of meeting in April. First, as to how long the NOA2 takes after filing a response: In my case I received the RFE on a Tuesday, collected evidence and mailed back USPS Express on Wednesday, it was received back at the CSC on Thursday and I had the NOA2 on Monday. Six days including a weekend. Not bad.

As to what constitutes "evidence" you can forget photos, e-mails, text messages and the like. Those items may count as evidence of having an on-going relationship but aren't worth the paper they're own as evidence of meeting. Reading from the RFE: Primary evidence may include, copies of passport pages that show the identification page and admission stamps, [their underline!] airline ticket stubs, and receipts (that indicate month, day, and year) or any evidence that will help the USCIS determine that the petitioner has met the beneficiary within the two years.

Secondary evidence may include film-dated photographs... (forget it as evidence, but I would include a few just to show you know each other) The following DOES NOT [again, their caps] constitute evidence: itineraries, disc, videos, emails, letters, phone bills, phone cards, and greeting cards.

In my RFE answer I used color copies of my passport (every page, highlighting the Ukraine stamsp) showing entry and exit visas to the Ukraine and also airline ticket stubs (boarding cards) showing the date and my name.

If you are going to/from Canada and don't have visa stamps that is a problem. Can you ask for them at a border crossing? I never thought to try. I would get those if possible. If not, I would include information that shows names and dates. Hotel bills with both names and the date and address, ATM withdrawals would be good. Credit card receipts in the country might also be good. Really the more the better (I sent 37 pages of supplemental data!) and include a letter why you don't have the entry stamps and/or airline ticket stubs.

Good Luck! ~Casper

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Greetings. I feel your pain as I received an RFE for lack of evidence of meeting in April. First, as to how long the NOA2 takes after filing a response: In my case I received the RFE on a Tuesday, collected evidence and mailed back USPS Express on Wednesday, it was received back at the CSC on Thursday and I had the NOA2 on Monday. Six days including a weekend. Not bad.

As to what constitutes "evidence" you can forget photos, e-mails, text messages and the like. Those items may count as evidence of having an on-going relationship but aren't worth the paper they're own as evidence of meeting. Reading from the RFE: Primary evidence may include, copies of passport pages that show the identification page and admission stamps, [their underline!] airline ticket stubs, and receipts (that indicate month, day, and year) or any evidence that will help the USCIS determine that the petitioner has met the beneficiary within the two years.

Secondary evidence may include film-dated photographs... (forget it as evidence, but I would include a few just to show you know each other) The following DOES NOT [again, their caps] constitute evidence: itineraries, disc, videos, emails, letters, phone bills, phone cards, and greeting cards.

In my RFE answer I used color copies of my passport (every page, highlighting the Ukraine stamsp) showing entry and exit visas to the Ukraine and also airline ticket stubs (boarding cards) showing the date and my name.

If you are going to/from Canada and don't have visa stamps that is a problem. Can you ask for them at a border crossing? I never thought to try. I would get those if possible. If not, I would include information that shows names and dates. Hotel bills with both names and the date and address, ATM withdrawals would be good. Credit card receipts in the country might also be good. Really the more the better (I sent 37 pages of supplemental data!) and include a letter why you don't have the entry stamps and/or airline ticket stubs.

Good Luck! ~Casper

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.