AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

anyone get an RFE for not translating the supporting evidence?

e.g. RFE for not translating hotel receipts, bus tickets, etc

3/9/2010 - Sent I-129F

3/15/2010 - NOA1

3/15/2010 - Touch

4/29/2010 - Touch!

4/30/2010 - Touch!!

5/6/2010 - RFE received via email (IMBRA form)

5/7/2010 - Touch

5/11/2010 - RFE received via mail (IMBRA form)

5/12/2010 - RFE response mailed to CSC

5/24/2010 - CSC receives RFE response

5/25/2010 - Touch!

6/8/2010 - NOA2!!!

6/17/2010 - NVC!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Question about Divorce Decree and Divorce Certificate

According to the USCIS site they request:

" If either you or your fiancé(e) were married before, give copies of documents showing that each prior marriage was legally terminated."

Does anyone know if in both docs it is proved we can legally get married?

What is the correct one?

Thanks for yr help.

IBLP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We have finally accumulated all of the necessary information to file our petition for the k-1 visa.; it should be mailed to Vermont, from Maine next week! We have for our primary a hotel with both our names on it and the dates etc., will this be enough for primary, we have also included photos for secondary and reciepts from another hotel but only with my finaces name on them, however we did include the receipts from getting our passport photos done as it had both our names and puts us both at the exact same place -same time. Fingers are crossed...We are hoping to be able to marry in the U.S. by fall - What do you think our chances are of that happening? the Consulate i am dealing with in Canada is in Montreal and i havent heard from very good reviews for this particular Consulate!

Good Luck to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I got a RFE they want transportation tickets,date and place photos etc etc. what I sen d was Airline stubs or email tickets confirmation it's that good enough?????I send dated pictures, a very short statementof our meeting. Im tired about this. we have 2 children but is not enough for them.

Sandy

Timeline

I got a RFE they want transportation tickets,date and place photos etc etc. what I sen d was Airline stubs or email tickets confirmation it's that good enough?????I send dated pictures, a very short statementof our meeting. Im tired about this. we have 2 children but is not enough for them.

From what i understand, you need 'primary' evidence that you have actually met, within the 2 years. Something that puts both of you at the same place,date etc.,..airline tickets with names on them..dated pictures, passport stamps..do some research here, theres alot of good information...then after establishg that you have met, you will need evidnece of an on going relationship. I know it's frustrating...but it's what they need - so no choice but to get er done if you want to be together, simple as that. It will work out, take a step at a time.

good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have a question and it's probably not the right place, so I am sorry, but you have the UK flag so I am guessing you have gone through the same thing.

On the Fiance letter of Intent, they ask for it to be notorized. Notorizing means something simpler in the US than it does in the UK. Do I really need to pay £250 to a fully qualified solicitor and apostile for every single document, or do they mean what we call a witness over here in the UK.

Please help.

Peter & Angela

uk.gift4527.gifusa.gif

6/01/10: Sent I-129F

6/02/10: Rec'd @ VSC

6/08/10: NOA1 & Cheque Cashed

6/30/10: NOA2 Dated

7/01/10: NOA2 via Text & Email

7/12/10: Case logged @ NVC

7/14/10: Case sent to London Embassy

7/16/10: Case rec'd @ London Embassy

7/21/10: Case logged @ London & Packet 3 sent

7/28/10: Packet 3 rec'd & Returned

8/11/10: Medical @ Knightsbridge

Timeline

I have a question and it's probably not the right place, so I am sorry, but you have the UK flag so I am guessing you have gone through the same thing.

On the Fiance letter of Intent, they ask for it to be notorized. Notorizing means something simpler in the US than it does in the UK. Do I really need to pay £250 to a fully qualified solicitor and apostile for every single document, or do they mean what we call a witness over here in the UK.

Please help.

I am thinking you intended to reply to someone else else as i don't have the uk flag! no worries...i don't know the answer, however, you might want to go into the portals and select your country and post there...good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Question about Divorce Decree and Divorce Certificate

According to the USCIS site they request:

" If either you or your fiancé(e) were married before, give copies of documents showing that each prior marriage was legally terminated."

Does anyone know if in both docs it is proved we can legally get married?

What is the correct one?

Thanks for yr help.

We got an RFE on that. The correct one is the divorce decree, signed by a judge. That's considered "primary evidence", what they're looking for. My mistake was to send a divorce certificate totally valid in Spain, delivered by the Register Office, in which they record my marriage, separation and divorce, with dates, record #, etc. They consider this "secondary evidence" just because it's not signed by a judge, although it's perfectly valid in Spain, and they won't accept any secondary evidence unless you send another document coming from an official source saying it's impossible to get the primary evidence.

Stick to the primary evidence, the final divorce decree signed by the judge.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I just got my RFE as part of a K-1 visa application. Only one item was listed: 'We need proof that you have met in the last 2 years.' You gotta be kidding me?! What about the affidavit and countless photos in multiple countries??? Apparently, and this just shows what century the USCIS is living in, "...only film dated photos count..." Ok, when was the last time someone used film?!

So, now it's 9pm, I'm at the office making color copies of my passport showing Ukraine Visas, copies of airplane boarding passes, blah blah. I'll send it back in the morning and with a little luck get my NOA 2 in a couple weeks.

Wish the I-129f instructions had been a little more instructive!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello there,

I have 2 questions.

1. when you get a rfe is there actually a deadline until when you have to have sent back what they where asking for? Something like "you have 20 days to sent back what we ask you for"?

2. Has anyone ever had a rfe about tax reports?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have a concern for a RFE. Im 20 yrs older then my fiancee and he is the one coming here. ( I pray) I was separated from my ex-husband for 2 yrs and just had my divorced finalized on 9/9/09. We tried doing the B-2 visa first to see if he would like it here but was denied. Something really silly he said. ( A hole in one of the finacial documents from a staple) Is there a chance that we will get an RFE for any of these reasons. His country Ghana. Some relief from anyone if they have any idea. VERY NERVOUS. Thanks for any and all advice.

TIMELINE

FEBRUARY 27,2009 - Meet

MARCH 27,2009 - Flew to Ghana to meet Evans and his family

APRIL 8,2009 - Returned to USA

FEBRUARY 10,2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

FEBRUARY 16,2010 - Received NOA 1 ( Hard Copy)

FEBRUARY 16,2010 - touched

NONE- RFE received

MAY 21,2010 - Touched

MAY 21,2010 - NOA2 received (EMAIL)

MAY 26,2010 - NOA 2 received hard copy

MAY 26,2010 - NVC received

June 10,2010 - NVC sent to Embassy of Ghana

June 14,2010 - EMBASSY received (got an e-mail after sending them an e-mail)

June 23rd - July 2nd - Going to Ghana

July 28,2010 - Packet 3 & 4

November 9,2010 - Medicals

November 15,2010 - Vaccinations (4 shots. the next 2 shots are on the 14th)

December 21,2010 - Interview

March 31,2011 - 2nd Interview

?? - Visa pick-up date

?? - EVANS arrival

?? - Apply for SSN

?? - Get married

?? - Start AOS process

event.png

event.png

event.png

GOD BLESS US ALL AND KEEP US SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Add me to the list of RFEs, but we don't know why yet. It just feels really silly and we hope it means a quick NOA2 after we send it back in. VSC is killing us. :bonk:

Before Journey:

Met online in 2002 as friends. Fell in love in 2005. Got engaged in 2010.

K-1 Journey, January 2010-July 2010:

NOA1: January 29. RFE: April 21. NOA2: June 4. Interview: July 15. Visa in hand: July 20. POE: July 22.

July 24, 2010: Married in front of 150 of our loved ones on a beautiful, sunny day. Living happily ever after and oh so thankful that 5 years of a long distance relationship and 7 months of a visa process is condensed into one line.

Wedding pictures! Because I'm shameless. http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae47/AmeriDaneWedding/

Adjustment of Status Journey, January 2011-March 2011:

January 25: NOA1 for AOS and EAD. Feb 5: Bio appointment received. Feb 7: RFE. Feb 11: Sent RFE response. Feb 23: AOS transfered to CSC. Feb 25: Biometrics. March 11: EAD approved! March 19: Received EAD. March 21: AOS approved! March 25: GC in hand!

And we'll live happily ever after.. for the next 2 years, anyway.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Received my RFE way back in March. VSC is asking for more proof that we met with in the last 2 yrs (2007 - 2009)

So made a huge info packet hoping to satisfy their request.

:bonk:

Lets see what happens.

Still kinda laughing at the fact, that i fedexd the request packet two days (march 29, and some one signed for it on march 30) after i received the RFE. They finally decided to open the packet and up-date their status yesterday!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

My Time Line:

12-06-2009 Sent VSC application.

12-10-2009 Received application and check cashed.

12-15-2009 Received NOA1 in mail.

03-24-2010 Touched

03-24-2010 RFE notice online.

03-27-2010 RFE received in mail.

03-29-2010 FedEx RFE with more evidence.

03-31-2019 FedEx received by VSC

04-21-2010 Touched

04-21-2010 Processing case now!!!!!

04-28-2010 Touched

04-28-2010 Our case has been approved!!!!! (134 days from NOA1)

05-03-2010 Received NOA2 in the mail.

05-03-2010 New case number assigned.

05-13-2010 Case forwarded to Islamabad Pakistan

05-17-2010 Case received by Islamabad Pakistan

05-20-2010 E-mail received from Islamabad Embassy listing the required paper work and certificates that had to be made.

06-27-2010 All paperwork completed and affidavit of support sent to financee as well. (Police Certificate was a a bit troublesome to get)

06-28-2010 All Paper work mailed to embassy that was required in the Package

07-26-2019 Received phone call for interview that it has been rescheduled (Actually moved up!!! from August 23rd to August 4th) Said that interview letter was mailed out on 07-23-2010 and it states that original date is August 23rd but we have changed it to August 4th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.