AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

That may be excellent advice for some situations, but not "always". In our case, we went through the whole process without ever sending in the USC's birth certificate at all (we used the passport to provide proof of citizenship).

Oh no. I sent only the "short form" of my birth certificate. Our state does have a long form option but it takes 6 weeks to obtain. And I didn't send copies of my passport pages.

Is it possible to make an addendum to an I-129F that's waiting for review. I already received NOA1 with case number. I wonder if I can "pre-empt" the RFE by sending my passport copies?

Thanks,

3AD

I failed to make a final correction on the I-129F petition. Instead of waiting to see what might happen, I wrote a correction letter explaining the situation, signed the letter, and attached a copy of our NOA1. I have no idea if it had any effect! I was never contacted about it. As a matter of fact, the only thing that has happened is recieving NOA1. Its been 139 days from date of our NOA1, still nothing.....still waiting...and waiting.......and waiting................................and waiting....................

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Its not likely that anything you sent in will meet up with your petition. At least, that's been the case in all the time i've been here.

It is possible you will still get an rfe or perhaps the adjuticator will let whatever issue you found slide.... hope you hear something soon.

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
+ Always send in the LONG version of the birth certificate (USC) - not the short one. If you only happen to have the short one, include copies of ALL pages of the passport of the US citizen.

+ Always send in your vaccination supplement and medical copies (if obtained) with your AOS. Some countries (like Germany) don't give you any copies of that, so be sure to get them again from a civil surgeon in the USA. It might cost a few dollars.

Also, I would like to add that even though we had two RFEs (one for the K-1 and the other one for AOS), we never complained because RFEs are not a big issue at all. It took only about 14 months from when we first started this entire process by sending in the K-1 application to the issue of my Greencard..... and all that with two RFEs.

Whats the difference betwee a Long version and a Short Version?

01/21/10 - AOS Approved

01/19/10 - EAD Card Received

01/16/10 - AP received

11/18/09 - AOS - NOA1

10/30/09 - Civil Marriage

10/24/09 - Entry/I-94 start

09/04/09 - K1 issued

07/15/09 - K1 - NOA2

02/27/09 - K1 - NOA1

02/24/09 - Filed I-129F

Timeline
Whats the difference betwee a Long version and a Short Version?

Long version usually has the parents full names / occupations...etc. Sometimes there is a back nad/or more than one page.

Hi all! Escuse my ignorance, as I'm new here. What does REF stand for?

Thank you.

Kind regards to everyone here.

loly

RFE = Request for evidence.

here is a page you may find useful

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi all.

We got a RFE because they wanted stuff that we already sended in.

They asked us to send in my fiances proof of citizenship, a copy of my passport, proof that we met within 2 years and they wanted proof of ongoing relationship

I'm the beneficiary. We already included everything above in our petition when we first sended it in, but not the proof of ongoing relationship after filling, because we thought that was first needed at the interview stage.

So we just sended it all again, but we included proof of ongoing relationship aswell. :)

So don't take any chances!

7/31/2008 - Sended I-129F to VSC (lost in mail).

9/24/2008 - Resended I-129F to VSC (*sigh* lost again).

10/30/2008 - Resended again I-129F to VSC.

11/11/2008 - NOA1

03/09/2009 - RFE received

03/11/2009 - Returned RFE

05/23/2009 - Recieved 2nd RFE

08/05/2009 - Denied. Besides that he turns out to be a total jerk. Case ended.

Advice needed:

I'm Canadian, and my fiancée is American. The thing is-we met in person by driving-NOT flying. My passport has nothing on it, as Canadians never get stamped going into the US-esp. via car. So, we have pictures of us together, emails send to eachother pre-sending in the I29-F and that's about it.

Is there anything else I can and should provide as evidence considering the above? Any thoughts and/or solutions would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Advice needed:

I'm Canadian, and my fiancée is American. The thing is-we met in person by driving-NOT flying. My passport has nothing on it, as Canadians never get stamped going into the US-esp. via car. So, we have pictures of us together, emails send to eachother pre-sending in the I29-F and that's about it.

Is there anything else I can and should provide as evidence considering the above? Any thoughts and/or solutions would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

This is not really an appropriate thread in which to post this question, as it is really for posts about receiving RFE's and how to avoid them. But, the answer to your question is found within the Guides: K1 Visa Guide

Also, as this is a Canada-specific issue (I assume that Mexicans entering the U.S. have their passport stamped, but I could be wrong here), perhaps asking for advise in the Canada Regional forum would be helpful if you don't find the info you need within the guides.

Timeline
Advice needed:

Thanks!

We know that not all adjuticator's are created equally. Personally, I sent proof of ongoing relationship along with the petition. I guess I just figured it wouldn't hurt. Sorry you got held up a bit but hopefully it wont be long now. :) Really good information to know, thank you.

timeline.jpg

Just got our 1st RFE, as predicted, proving we've met. Due to a lack of passport stamps of him having been here within two years before we sent our K-1 stuff, I am going to have my friends who HAVE met him to sign affidavits, per the RFE's list of things they want.

I've looked through the example forms section and cannot find an affidavit template to fill out/have my friends sign.

Also (and this will sound really lame)-must I have it notarized? Sorry, likely an easy answer to it, but I work in politics, not law!

Thanks so much!

~M

Edited by M613

Timeline

There are no example forms for affidavits from family members/friends. I'm unsure whether or not it should be notorized. I wouldn't think so but it couldn't hurt either.

Since Canada is our closest neighbor, many CAN/US couples have encountered the same issues as you. You will be best served to visit the Canadian Regional Forum here on VJ and have those fine folks give you some advice. it's sure to help you through the rest of the process.

good luck!

timeline.jpg

There are no example forms for affidavits from family members/friends. I'm unsure whether or not it should be notorized. I wouldn't think so but it couldn't hurt either.

Since Canada is our closest neighbor, many CAN/US couples have encountered the same issues as you. You will be best served to visit the Canadian Regional Forum here on VJ and have those fine folks give you some advice. it's sure to help you through the rest of the process.

good luck!

I'll go with a generic template from here and fill in the blanks... Question, however, has been copied and pasted into said forum accordingly-thanks!

After 9 months of waiting, we also got an RFE about how we met and established relationship, and also proof of having met in the past 2 years. We did send this already.

What were they doing all this time, anyway ???

QUESTION: In most cases, how long after receiving the RFE reply does USCIS approve the petition? :blink:

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

An RFE is issued at the USCIS stage of the petition. They are requesting more evidence to help them to decide on your petition. If you're close to interview that means your petition has already been approved.

Can you please explain that ?

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.