AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
Just got a RFE. They asked for something we already send them.

My fiance has been married twice before. He send both the divorce papers. The first one is very long and detailed since he has 2 children from that marraige and it includes details of custody and things like that. The second one was a "do-it-yourself" divorce through the florida divorce court.

The official divorce papers is very basic, but it is the formal divorce papers as issued by the court.

We plan to contact the Florida courts to see if there is any additional paperwork we can send, but I actaully believe that they just missed the correct papers since my fiance just send our package as one huge stack of papers with no dividers of tabs.

I will update we have send the RFE back (and hopefully gotten our RFE)

We got out approval today. We contacted the court and they send us new Divorce papers (that looked exactly like the ones we send in previously and got the RFE for) then we send that, plus the mailing details, plus the invoice for the papers (only 4 bucks luckely) in.

Got RFE on January 13th, Send it back February 2nd, Got NOA2 on February 17th.

2008-09-22: Mailed I-129f package.

2008-09-25: NOA1

2009-01-13: RFE

2009-02-17: NOA2

2009-02-25: NVC

2009-03-03: Package 3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

anyone posting here ever seen anyone get 2 rfe's ? like more then one RFE for the initial submission ? im just curious i have heard of it happening just havent found a post...

Just to let anyone know who's checking on here about letters of intent to marry......we forgot to send ours with the I-129F and got approved without an RFE!!!! Oh, we also put 'N/A' on the G325A forms in boxes that are meant to say 'none' and that didn't matter either!!

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just to let anyone know who's checking on here about letters of intent to marry......we forgot to send ours with the I-129F and got approved without an RFE!!!! Oh, we also put 'N/A' on the G325A forms in boxes that are meant to say 'none' and that didn't matter either!!

so what about if i didnt even put NA in the blanks :blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Then the form may be deemed incomplete and an RFE will be sent.

Also, Kirsten UK: you're lucky not to have gotten an RFE. It may have just been an oversight by the adjudicator. I wouldn't suggest submitting an I-129F petition without the letters of intent on purpose.

Edited by eyoa

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Then the form may be deemed incomplete and an RFE will be sent.

thats wat im afraid of :blink: i left the 'other names of fiance' blank...im pretty sure that was an important field :bonk:

Wow, I am sure that was a mistake from the adjudicator...but anyway, congrats on your NOA2!

I am sure you will have to bring the letter of intent to the interview though?

Edited by maiandra

AOS/AP/EAD

WEDDING: OCTOBER 24th 2009!

Nov.16th 2009 - AOS/AP/EAD sent to USCIS Chicago office

Nov.18th 2009 - AOS/AP/EAD arrived at Chicago PO Box

Dec.11th 2009 - Biometrics Appointment, Alexandria, VA

Jan.19th 2010 - EAD approved

Jan.20th 2010 - AOS Transfer from Chicago to California

Jan.23rd 2010 - AP received

Jan.25th 2010 - EAD received

June 25th 2010 - Green Card production ordered!

July 9th 2010 - Green Card received!

June 11th 2012 - Lifting Conditions filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I put my father was born in Oklahoma on the G-325a.I just noticed on my birth certificate his place of birth is Arkansas.I Never knew him & didnt think to look the birth certificate before submitting the papers.Will this cause a RFE?

Filed: Timeline

We never received RFE. Our I-129 was approved no problems.

However... does it make sense to send my Fiance into the interview with extra evidence to prevent RFE situation? Such as extra photos and more recent updates in our relationship. This RFE... can it refer to something we could get from not supplying enough evidence at the interview?

Fiance will have interview next week in Seoul. Wish us luck!

Peter

Woof woof... wanna play?[/color

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

An RFE is issued at the USCIS stage of the petition. They are requesting more evidence to help them to decide on your petition. If you're close to interview that means your petition has already been approved.

Applying for the visa is an entirely different process. More evidence of an ongoing relationship helps support a bona-fide relationship so yes, do send her in with documentation of that. If they request something more of you then your approval will be left pending until you give them what they need.

Please familiarize yourself with the GUIDES and FAQ in the links above. You will also want to check out the Embassy info / reviews link to familiarize yourself with the process in Seoul and what might be required that you don't know about. Best to go into it as prepared as possible.

good luck

timeline.jpg

We just got the info about a RFE, does anybody know if there is a difference between further and initial evidence? Thanks for your response!

K1 Visa Timeline:

11-10-2008 I-129F sent to Vermont

11-12-2008 VSC received package via UPS

11-13-2008 NOA1

11-17-2008 check cashed

11-19-2008 NOA1 in mail

03-05-2009 E-mail notification: RFE sent

03-09-2009 received RFE in the mail

03-09-2009 RFE sent back

03-10-2009 RFE delivered

03-11-2009 RFE received and case resumed

03-19-2009 NOA2

Igor´s List:

02/09/2009 #298

02/23/2009 #271

03/09/2009 #186

03/19/2009 #162 - NOA2

02/26/2009 - first touch since 12/05/2008

02/27/2009 - second touch

03/04/2009 - third touch

03/05/2009 - fourth touch - case status: RFE sent

03/06/2009 - fifth touch

03/12/2009 - sixth touch - case status: RFE received and case resumed

03/13/2009 - seventh touch

03/16/2009 - eighth touch

03/19/2009 - ninth touch - NOA2

Lifting Conditions Timeline:

12/14/2011 - I-751 delivered to VSC

12/16/2011 - NOA 1

12/22/2011 - NOA 1 in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

What did they ask for?

Initial evidence of having met in person within the last two years would be something like passport stamps, boarding passes, itinerary... and photos (although they are secondary). Perhaps they need more proof from you.

Further evidence might be something more they need from you to either prove you are both 'free to marry' or maybe something like a divorce decree proving legal name change for a woman....

It's important to send exactly what they're asking for in the RFE.

good luck

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everybody,

I recommend that all of you applying for the k1, to read this instructions on USCIS website, before filling out the I-129 form:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129Finstr.pdf

My fiancee and I are just starting my visa journey and reading that was really helpful. You can't go wrong if you follow their guide.

Good luck to all of us!

Our timeline:

California Service Center

I-129F Sent-----------------2009-03-31

I-129F NOA1----------------2009-04-06

FINALLY NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2009-07-22 (APPROVED!!!)

Packet 4 on the mail--------2009-08-14

Interview date----------------2009-09-15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
We never received RFE. Our I-129 was approved no problems.

However... does it make sense to send my Fiance into the interview with extra evidence to prevent RFE situation? Such as extra photos and more recent updates in our relationship. This RFE... can it refer to something we could get from not supplying enough evidence at the interview?

Fiance will have interview next week in Seoul. Wish us luck!

Peter

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Gio

Our timeline:

California Service Center

I-129F Sent-----------------2009-03-31

I-129F NOA1----------------2009-04-06

FINALLY NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2009-07-22 (APPROVED!!!)

Packet 4 on the mail--------2009-08-14

Interview date----------------2009-09-15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.