AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We finally got our RFE in the mail.

They've asked us for more primary or secondary evidence that we've met in person in the two years prior to our filing for the NOA1. (That is a bit of a stickler, as I had been planning to send evidence of the two meetings we've had in the meantime, but that isn't valid information. Only the two years prior to December 7, 2005 count.)

I sent copies of the boarding passes and airline tickets and receipts that we used as we flew back and forth, as well as pictures of us together, along with the original packet.

For my RFE, I'm planning to send those boarding passes and tickets (again), the same pictures I sent before, as well as copies of my passport and some receipts from my trip to Saskatoon to see my fiance. Also, I'm asking my family and friends to write quick notes attesting that they met my fiance when he was visiting me. They didn't ask specifically for that kind of information, but it seems like it might be helpful as corroborating evidence.

Can anyone suggest anything else I might send? I stayed with my fiance, and we didn't use much public transportation, so it's not like I've got hotel receipts or train tickets I can send them.

Thanks!

Rachel

Is your fiancee from Saskatoon Sakatchewan? I came from there too!!!

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

How long does it usually take after sending in the requested rfe to see some action, i mean an approval if all the required documents are correct? Just to get an idea, I've seen as early as 1 day after and as late as 2 weeks after it was received, so I was a bit concerned for myself. Thanks and good luck to the rest of us waiting.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

As explained by a former adjuticator... it has everything to do with the adjuticator working your case. They will put RFE's aside and work on other cases. Some will schedule a day where they work on RFE's and some will work on them each morning before adjuticating any other cases. Like everything else in this process, it seems a ####### shoot. Hopefully you'll get lucky and have it done with very soon. :)

timeline.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The letter of intenet (with your signature) is necessary.

I know the all of the VJ have sent the letter, but my lawyers keeps saying the letter can be sent later on

Dumb lawyers! :angry: I have heard more delays and troubles from them... most of us just read the directions and did it on our own - which works out wonderfully, usually faster and MUCH cheaper! (Unless the case is very complicated).

Instructions on the I-129F application form, the backbone of the whole fiance petition and process:

7. What Documents Do You Need to Prove That You Can Legally Marry?

B. Provide original statements from you and your fiancé(e) whom you plan to marry within 90 days of his or her admission, and copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent

I WISH I had come accross this site before I sent in the I-129F, then I would not have gotten the RFE.

I just got an email from my lawyer about the letter of intent..She said the I-129-F changed right before we applied, Dec/06 and we´ll probably be fine without the letter. I don´t believe her, and if they changed the form BEFORE we filed the process, was weren´t we told about it..

Do u guys know when the I-129F changed, and they started requiring the letter??I´m so mad at her, because I think she´s still trying to avoid admit she made a mistake..arghhhh

hi everyone,

We just received an RFE response for more proof of having met in the last 2 years. In preparing our response we found that there were some minor errors in our i-129F form concerning the None /N/a responses. On reading the VJ site, we also realized we haven't sent any Letter of Intent

Do you think we will get another RFE for this?Will it be all right to include a corrected version of the 129F and our Letters of Intent in the package even though it wasn't asked for in the RFE? Please advise. We received our RFE package this week and we plan to send out the reply at the start of the year. Happy New Year to everyone!

Wes&Amy

Hello everyone!

After 8 touches when I thought today was the day I was getting my NOA2, I got an RFE instead. Today I got the email notice for it, so should be receiving it in a few days. I think I may know what it is for after reviewing this wonderful thread. It might be for Part C #2, where you have to answer "yes" or ''no".

The thing is that I hired an attorney for the paperwork, and when I sent in my I-129F in August 2008, the form I used was this one: Form I-129F revised 11/24/06, and now, when I look at the USCIS website, the form is UPDATED as: revised 07/30/07 and the one prior to that (11/24/06) does not contain a section for the "yes" or "no" in part C #2, the newer updated 07/30/07 one contains this part to answer "yes" or "no".

Other than this reason for the RFE I cannot think of anything else, especially after extensive research here on VJ, nothing else comes to mind...so I will post back once I get the postal mail notice and hopefully I will be able to send back to CSC whatever they requested the day after, if not the same day, I was really hoping for my NOA2, and this RFE was a rude surprise!

Anyone else get an RFE for the reason I mention above?

Please share!

Thanks!

-MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline
hi everyone,

We just received an RFE response for more proof of having met in the last 2 years. In preparing our response we found that there were some minor errors in our i-129F form concerning the None /N/a responses. On reading the VJ site, we also realized we haven't sent any Letter of Intent

Do you think we will get another RFE for this?Will it be all right to include a corrected version of the 129F and our Letters of Intent in the package even though it wasn't asked for in the RFE? Please advise. We received our RFE package this week and we plan to send out the reply at the start of the year. Happy New Year to everyone!

Wes&Amy

Send whatever corrected information you need to with the initial rfe. The letters of intent are a recommendation from VJ...as are the none/n/a answers you refferred to. Each adjuticator seems very different in the way they handle petitions and in what they send rfe's out for so it is very much dependant on the person looking at your petition. If it were me, I would send in corrected forms and any additional supporting evidence of having met in the last two years (passport stamps, itinerary, photos...etc)

Hello everyone!

After 8 touches when I thought today was the day I was getting my NOA2, I got an RFE instead. Today I got the email notice for it, so should be receiving it in a few days. I think I may know what it is for after reviewing this wonderful thread. It might be for Part C #2, where you have to answer "yes" or ''no".

The thing is that I hired an attorney for the paperwork, and when I sent in my I-129F in August 2008, the form I used was this one: Form I-129F revised 11/24/06, and now, when I look at the USCIS website, the form is UPDATED as: revised 07/30/07 and the one prior to that (11/24/06) does not contain a section for the "yes" or "no" in part C #2, the newer updated 07/30/07 one contains this part to answer "yes" or "no".

Other than this reason for the RFE I cannot think of anything else, especially after extensive research here on VJ, nothing else comes to mind...so I will post back once I get the postal mail notice and hopefully I will be able to send back to CSC whatever they requested the day after, if not the same day, I was really hoping for my NOA2, and this RFE was a rude surprise!

Please share!

Thanks!

-MARM

Hi Marm, sorry you didn't get the news you wanted just yet. :( Even more sorry that it was someone else's actions that may have caused this delay. My guess would be that you need the updated I-129f with the appropriate questions but it's so hard to say until you get the notice from them. Do let us know if this is the case. In the meantime at least you can prepare this form and have it ready to go right out..then hopefully it wont be too long for you from there!

good luck!

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi everyone,

Wes&Amy

Send whatever corrected information you need to with the initial rfe. The letters of intent are a recommendation from VJ...as are the none/n/a answers you refferred to. Each adjuticator seems very different in the way they handle petitions and in what they send rfe's out for so it is very much dependant on the person looking at your petition. If it were me, I would send in corrected forms and any additional supporting evidence of having met in the last two years (passport stamps, itinerary, photos...etc)

Hello everyone!

Please share!

Thanks!

-MARM

Hi Marm, sorry you didn't get the news you wanted just yet. :( Even more sorry that it was someone else's actions that may have caused this delay. My guess would be that you need the updated I-129f with the appropriate questions but it's so hard to say until you get the notice from them. Do let us know if this is the case. In the meantime at least you can prepare this form and have it ready to go right out..then hopefully it wont be too long for you from there!

good luck!

Hi KimandRuss,

Thank you very much for the advise. I have another set of questions. If we revise the form, should we also update the date at the end of the I-129F form or retain the old date before we sent the K1 package? Also is it necessary to have the Letter of Intent notarized? We also haven't sent proof of on-going relationship. Is it advisable to send some evidence now together with the requested documents from the RFE?Thanks again.

Wes&Amy

Timeline

Hi Wes & Amy,

If you're creating a new form that must be signed, IMO you should put the date when you sign it.

Letter of Intent does not need to be notorized.

Whether or not to send proof of ongoing relationship is dependent very much on the Embassy you will be dealing with. I don't think it's as important in Manilla and it's certainly not needed or required by the uscis BUT it is often recommended that when you are dealing with a high fraud post that one send along some additional evidence of an ongoing relationship to perhaps help answer any questions or doubt a CO may have before the beneficiary is actually interviewed. In other words, in some places, it's often best to send some along with the initial petition. Therefore any red flag issues can hopefully be addressed before hand. It's entirely up to you... NZ is not a high fraud post at all but we did send along some supporting evidence initially.

good luck!

timeline.jpg

I got my RFE letter today...and it was as I had guessed....for part C. the IMBRA questions. Well, I answered the questions, signed it, and sent it right back, it took less than 10 min!

Now I am anxiously awaiting our NOA2!

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

For French citizens who had a previous marriage, even if the 129F instructions say to put an official paper showing that you are divorced, the birth certificate is not enough. You have to send the "judgment of divorce" in french and in english translated by an assigned translator.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

For my fellow RFE recipients... when you got the physical letter from the USCIS, did anyone else receive this comment?

"From the date this office receives your resubmission, a minimum of 14 days will be required to process your form. If you have not heard from us within 60 days, you may contact the USCIS...."

Just wondering what the min of 14 days is all about, especially considering that many people talk about getting the app approved within a few days after submitting the info needed for the RFE.

For French citizens who had a previous marriage, even if the 129F instructions say to put an official paper showing that you are divorced, the birth certificate is not enough. You have to send the "judgment of divorce" in french and in english translated by an assigned translator.

Timeline

Anyone previously married needs legal proof that marriage has ended.

A person that has changed their name also needs proof of legal name change, which a divorce decree of absolute does as well.

For my fellow RFE recipients... when you got the physical letter from the USCIS, did anyone else receive this comment?

"From the date this office receives your resubmission, a minimum of 14 days will be required to process your form. If you have not heard from us within 60 days, you may contact the USCIS...."

Just wondering what the min of 14 days is all about, especially considering that many people talk about getting the app approved within a few days after submitting the info needed for the RFE.

Standard note. Some approvals take less time..some take more. Uncertain..as are many things with this process.

Good luck... I hope it has a quick turnover! :)

timeline.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We got a RFE in the mail December 19th requesting evidence of meeting prior to the 2 years of filing the I129 :crying: ...we sent in copies AGAIN of my I94 that was stamped in my passport but the letter stated pictures of us together date stamped...my digital camera for some reason will not let me print out the dates of the pictures the other ones of us together are on a camera phone which does not have a date stamp...so I wrote the dates on the back resent the copy of the stamp in my passport included a letter from my fiancee's family saying I had been there on numerous occasions and copies of some emails saying how I was going to be coming to see him from earlier in the year....I hope this is enough evidence as most of our communication is texting which has NO record or MSN messenger...I travel quite often to see him but as I only live 2 hrs away I DRIVE and Canadians technically dont need visa stamps to visit the USA so you would think they would have a record of my visits at the border every time I cross?! :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I received my RFE letter today.CSC requested evidence of met within last two years plus her Birth certificate.

I sent them copy of Pakistan visa on my passport and stamps copies of entering and exiting.

Sent them two pieces of restaurant bills we had diner together.

Sent them copies of ticket stubs to Pakistan and flight schedule sheet.

Sent them our engagement pictures and movie.

PLUS of course a copy of her birth certificate.

Lets hope that is enough proof. Can't wait to get my NOA2. Anyone know how long will it take for them to approve the case (NOA2) and how long for getting visa in hand after that? if the process went normal without any errors.

LoveU.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I got my RFE on the 29th, the lawyer and my partner just received the paper copy this weekend,

i needed a copy of my Decree Absolute for UK divorce ( i had sent the original which was stamped and they didnt like it.. had to pay £5 for another and ask them to sign and certify this - still not sure they will accept it)

my question is.. on the form it said Foreign document : any document containing a language other than English must be submitted with a full english translation ... blablablabal

then below it asks for the Decree Absolute...

does that relate to the DA Decree or does it relate to someothing else that I could have sent that wasnt in English? - cant they be more specific

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.