AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I received 2 RFE's:

1) I tried to use my electronic filing of my taxes as proof of income. They really wanted to see the 1040 and w-2's.

2) I did not include an I-864 Affidavit of Support for my Stepson. I thought he was covered on my SO's form. All I had to do was photocopy her form and send it in.

I will add this; I have Adobe Acrobat and a scanner and made .pdf's of everything, signed and unsigned. I carry all of this info on a flash card wherever I go. I can access any info from just about any computer at anytime. I found this invaluable. The value of proper presentation of your documents to USCIS in an orderly fashion cannot be over estimated. I used Microsoft Word and inserted photos of us together complete with captions under each photo of when, why and where. I kept a record of every e-mail we ever sent to each other and all my phone records. While I did not present all of this evidence, I had it available in softcopy should I get the one adjudicator that decides to be a ####### about such things. People who recommend the ACCO style fasteners and folders (2 hole punch style) are spot on. I arranged my evidence like a book. A table of contents with headings and page numbers. The adjudicator we had told us that it was a well compiled package and that he OK'd the GC and had no need to see any other evidence (but if it would make me feel any better I could show it to him anyway).

One more note about Acrobat - if you have this then you can edit directly into most USCIS forms rather than printing them and handwriting the info. It will also allow you to save the edited versions of their forms. This is really cool if you need to file multiple forms under different names etc.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

That may be excellent advice for some situations, but not "always". In our case, we went through the whole process without ever sending in the USC's birth certificate at all (we used the passport to provide proof of citizenship).

Oh no. I sent only the "short form" of my birth certificate. Our state does have a long form option but it takes 6 weeks to obtain. And I didn't send copies of my passport pages.

Is it possible to make an addendum to an I-129F that's waiting for review. I already received NOA1 with case number. I wonder if I can "pre-empt" the RFE by sending my passport copies?

Thanks,

3AD

Hi 3AD.

You should wait till they ask you to send them in.

While you wait, you should obtain a long form of your birth certificate.

They may not even ask you to send it in, but you may want to order it just in case they do.

Then, you do not have to wait 6 weeks after you receive RFE if you ever do receive RFE.

Good Luck :thumbs:

Nao

Past History

10/09/2007: Sent out I-129F

07/31/2008: K1 visa issued

08/05/2008: U.S. entry as a K1 visa holder

09/03/2008: Wedding at the City Hall:)

AOS timeline

09/18/2008: Sent out AOS/EAD/AP via Fedex

09/22/2008: Application received

09/26/2008: Application received Date on NOA1

10/16/2008: Biometrics appointment

10/17/2008: Touch

12/08/2008: Filed a Service Request for EAD (more than 75 days since petition received.)

12/22/2008: Infopass Appointment (Day 91 since EAD application filed)

12/22/2008: EAD approved (card production ordered/Day 91)

12/31/2008: AP received in mail :)

01/02/2009: EAD received in mail :)

01/09/2009: AOS interview letter received in mail :)

02/20/2009: Interview :) => Approved!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

That may be excellent advice for some situations, but not "always". In our case, we went through the whole process without ever sending in the USC's birth certificate at all (we used the passport to provide proof of citizenship).

Oh no. I sent only the "short form" of my birth certificate. Our state does have a long form option but it takes 6 weeks to obtain. And I didn't send copies of my passport pages.

Is it possible to make an addendum to an I-129F that's waiting for review. I already received NOA1 with case number. I wonder if I can "pre-empt" the RFE by sending my passport copies?

Thanks,

3AD

Hi 3AD.

You should wait till they ask you to send them in.

While you wait, you should obtain a long form of your birth certificate.

They may not even ask you to send it in, but you may want to order it just in case they do.

Then, you do not have to wait 6 weeks after you receive RFE if you ever do receive RFE.

Good Luck :thumbs:

Nao

Ooops.

I was replying to the post from 2006 :wacko: .... lol

My bad....

Nao

Past History

10/09/2007: Sent out I-129F

07/31/2008: K1 visa issued

08/05/2008: U.S. entry as a K1 visa holder

09/03/2008: Wedding at the City Hall:)

AOS timeline

09/18/2008: Sent out AOS/EAD/AP via Fedex

09/22/2008: Application received

09/26/2008: Application received Date on NOA1

10/16/2008: Biometrics appointment

10/17/2008: Touch

12/08/2008: Filed a Service Request for EAD (more than 75 days since petition received.)

12/22/2008: Infopass Appointment (Day 91 since EAD application filed)

12/22/2008: EAD approved (card production ordered/Day 91)

12/31/2008: AP received in mail :)

01/02/2009: EAD received in mail :)

01/09/2009: AOS interview letter received in mail :)

02/20/2009: Interview :) => Approved!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
You included copies of your passport page with visa and arrival & departure dates right? You should be OK. If you are worried, search through all your paperwork at home (and ask him to do the same) and see if you can find other evidence, then copy it and keep ready just in case.

when i was in the US visiting him in the summer, i also bought a cell phone with a US number from T-Mobile. But I put my gf's address (who also lives in the US) on that cell phone bill. still good to include that cell phone bill?

also, does my us fiance need the long version of his brith cert? i think he only submitted a copy of the short form

you need to send the detailed version. our rfe was because of it. maybe you might be ok..lets hope! otherwise, get a long version ready just incase you'll need it.

Edited by Steve1027

Timeline complete and up to date! Check it out!

To track DHL shipment of your petition from NVC to the embassy refer to this posting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t=#entry2811887

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Wow, I just read this thread! Looks like I'm getting a RFE, but I hope not. The only possible reason that I can think of to receive a RFE (but im sure that they will find something else) is because on the I129F and the G325A for my beneficiary's middle name I wrote N/A in stead of NONE

Has anyone done the same thing?

Timeline complete and up to date! Check it out!

To track DHL shipment of your petition from NVC to the embassy refer to this posting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t=#entry2811887

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have since noticed I wrote N/A in many places instead of none. Just noticed USCIS sent me a second RFE on Nov 18 (haven't received it yet). First one was for missing divorce document, maybe next is for mistakes on applications?

Feb 11, 2005 ZAGS wedding in Moscow

Aug 7,2005 married in the Cathedral in Dmitrov

June 27, 2008 mail I-130

July 11,2008 sent I-129F

Oct 2, 2008 Yuri received packets 3+4 from US Embassy Moscow

Nov 20, 2008 Interview....VISA APPROVED!!!!!!

Dec 10, 2008 Yuri arrived! No problems :)

April 20, 2009 mailed AOS

May 4, 2009 medical exam

May 21, 2009 biometrics done

June 5, 2009 received EAD by mail

Aug 10, 2009 interview-given greencard congradulations letter with stamp

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

It can be anything... and every adjuticator is different so it's hard to say if someone will get an rfe based on someone else's petition.

One of the most common (and I think ridiculous) i've seen is for Q2 in part C of the I-129f. It seems folks don't realize that the question needs to be answered as they believe it relates to the military question above. It's a simple tick of a box that is often left un-ticked. Silly...and you would think they'd fix it.

All you can do is have the documents you are concerned about ready to go just in case. :)

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hey guys :)

i am so desperat :(

my fiance has send the f129i package and after 3 weeks the texas service center returned the whole package with a note:

texas service center is returning your forms 129F:

per the uscis announcement issued on june 21, 2007, uscis instructs applicants that on or after august 29th 2007 to dorect file their forms that were transitioned during the 2006 BI Specialization initiative. The form filing instructions are by geographic jurisdiction and form type.

the revised filing instructions include Bi Spezialization forms:

Form I-129F- Petition for alien Fiance

Form I-131 Application for Travel document

Form I-140 Immigrant Petition for Immigrant Worker

Form I-360 Petition from Amerasian/ Window(er) or spezial Immigrant

Form I-485 Application to register permanent residence or adjust status

Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization

Form I-907 request for Premium Processing (when available)

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE this is the 2nd time we got this :(

i don´t know what they want from me....

the info in visajourney says that we need to send the g325a and the i129f forms + pics and a letter of intend

i ver read infos of the other forms.

please help me i am about to go crazy with that stuff....

thanks in advance :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

louise21:

I believe the problem for you is that you are sending your packet to the WRONG center (Texas), as they DO NOT process I-129F petitions. You have to resend your packet either to California or to Vermont (based on the state where the petitioner lives). Carefully read the instructions for form I-129F to find out the correct address.

Good luck! :thumbs:

By the way I have a question to you....did you make a cross on part C question 2 for NO - cause we totally left out part c cause we thought it´s just for military people that life overseas!?

If we get an RFE what would we have to do???

K1 Visa Timeline:

11-10-2008 I-129F sent to Vermont

11-12-2008 VSC received package via UPS

11-13-2008 NOA1

11-17-2008 check cashed

11-19-2008 NOA1 in mail

03-05-2009 E-mail notification: RFE sent

03-09-2009 received RFE in the mail

03-09-2009 RFE sent back

03-10-2009 RFE delivered

03-11-2009 RFE received and case resumed

03-19-2009 NOA2

Igor´s List:

02/09/2009 #298

02/23/2009 #271

03/09/2009 #186

03/19/2009 #162 - NOA2

02/26/2009 - first touch since 12/05/2008

02/27/2009 - second touch

03/04/2009 - third touch

03/05/2009 - fourth touch - case status: RFE sent

03/06/2009 - fifth touch

03/12/2009 - sixth touch - case status: RFE received and case resumed

03/13/2009 - seventh touch

03/16/2009 - eighth touch

03/19/2009 - ninth touch - NOA2

Lifting Conditions Timeline:

12/14/2011 - I-751 delivered to VSC

12/16/2011 - NOA 1

12/22/2011 - NOA 1 in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
louise21:

I believe the problem for you is that you are sending your packet to the WRONG center (Texas), as they DO NOT process I-129F petitions. You have to resend your packet either to California or to Vermont (based on the state where the petitioner lives). Carefully read the instructions for form I-129F to find out the correct address.

Good luck! :thumbs:

hey thanks for your quick answer, but see i was really ansure with texas... and fiance went to the uscis center in florida and they told him that he needs to send the petition to texas :(

i told him right away that this couldn´t be because i read something about vermont... but like men are he said that i am not right and then he has send the petition to texas :(

THANKS ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

hi im new on think thing and have no idea what im searching for!!! i recently got married in oct to my husband which is a us citizen and we have our marriage licence already but now i don't know what is the next step im supposed to do!!! what is a k1 form and can anyone give me some information on what i should do next!!!!i would like to get a green card or working visa soon so i could start working! what is the fastest way into doing that? do i need to hire a lawyer for all this or can i do it all by my self ! PLEASE PLEASE HELP THANKYOU

Timeline

Use this link to find out where you were suppose to file. Unfortunately, this process will teach you that even when you are asking the right people... you will want to double, then triple check the answers you receive. ;)

good luck.

hey guys :)

i am so desperat :(

my fiance has send the f129i package and after 3 weeks the texas service center returned the whole package with a note:

texas service center is returning your forms 129F:

per the uscis announcement issued on june 21, 2007, uscis instructs applicants that on or after august 29th 2007 to dorect file their forms that were transitioned during the 2006 BI Specialization initiative. The form filing instructions are by geographic jurisdiction and form type.

the revised filing instructions include Bi Spezialization forms:

Form I-129F- Petition for alien Fiance

Form I-131 Application for Travel document

Form I-140 Immigrant Petition for Immigrant Worker

Form I-360 Petition from Amerasian/ Window(er) or spezial Immigrant

Form I-485 Application to register permanent residence or adjust status

Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization

Form I-907 request for Premium Processing (when available)

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE this is the 2nd time we got this :(

i don´t know what they want from me....

the info in visajourney says that we need to send the g325a and the i129f forms + pics and a letter of intend

i ver read infos of the other forms.

please help me i am about to go crazy with that stuff....

thanks in advance :thumbs:

timeline.jpg

Timeline
By the way I have a question to you....did you make a cross on part C question 2 for NO - cause we totally left out part c cause we thought it´s just for military people that life overseas!?

If we get an RFE what would we have to do???

Yeah, ticked the box that said NO.

If you get an RFE you will simply need to tick the box and send it back to the USCIS asap. Mark the outside of the envelope REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE I-129f.

timeline.jpg

Timeline

K-1 is a fiance visa for US citizens to bring their fiances to the states. You are already married and I assume in the States? I would assume that you are just going to adjust status but without more details it's hard to say for sure.

Read all you can in the links above.

Congratulations and welcome to VJ. :)

hi im new on think thing and have no idea what im searching for!!! i recently got married in oct to my husband which is a us citizen and we have our marriage licence already but now i don't know what is the next step im supposed to do!!! what is a k1 form and can anyone give me some information on what i should do next!!!!i would like to get a green card or working visa soon so i could start working! what is the fastest way into doing that? do i need to hire a lawyer for all this or can i do it all by my self ! PLEASE PLEASE HELP THANKYOU
timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.