AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I got a rfe in 15 july and replyed in 20 july and till now there is no response no online status change its still say rfe

I got a rfe in 15 july and replyed in 20 july and till now there is no response no online status change its still say rfe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

i just got an rfe and i am heartbroken. i don't know what more they can possibly want. want are common rfe requests? i am dying for the rfe to come in the mail. i am just so confused and heartbroken right now :(

It will be ok. They just want evidence thats it. They just want proof you guys known each other for at least 2 years and have physically interacted with each other. I had to send in a lot of info because I simply didn't send in everything.

Pictures of your two together

copies of passport and Stamped passports and intinerary showing you traveled to see each other.

Chat conversations

proof you promise to marry within 90 days of entering. Seems most people submit a signed Affidavit from each of you promising you will marry.

Some people show reciepts of engagement rings or letters from their preacher who will marry them and affidavits from friends who are aware you are getting married. The RFE letter will show all the things they want you to send. It seems overwhelming but it really isn't.

08-27-18 :  I-129F package sent

08-29-18 : Package delivered

09-05-18 : text from USCIS 

09-11-18 : NOA1 hardcopy

02-01-19 : Notice of approval

03-11-19 : NVC Received Package

03-13-2019  Received Case Number from NVC

04-02-2019  Package Left NVC to Consulate 

04-08-2019   Notified by Consulate received Package and received Package 3 via email.
06-04-2019   Interview

07-31-2019 Received VISA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Although it sometimes takes longer than two weeks, it's not as common. Did they receive your reply?

My status changed when they received it to:

Request for Evidence Response Review

On August 14, 2014, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Once a timely response to the request for evidence is received by USCIS, we review the evidence or information you submitted. If you submitted the requested evidence, we continue with the adjudication of your application or petition in light of the new evidence.

Timeline

Although it sometimes takes longer than two weeks, it's not as common. Did they receive your reply?

On August 14, 2014, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Once a timely response to the request for evidence is received by USCIS, we review the evidence or information you submitted. If you submitted the requested evidence, we continue with the adjudication of your application or petition in light of the new evidence.

You are a day behind us. Ours says, On August 15, 2014

Edited by queloque67

04-08-2019   Notified by Consulate received Package and received Package 3 via email.
06-04-2019   Interview

07-31-2019 Received VISA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

No they didnt replay till now im worry about that

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi everyone, I have a few questions...

We are in the process of waiting for our noa2, and we just got an RFE after 7 months of waiting. My fiancé who is from new zealand visited from march-june under the visa waiver. it has been 2 months since he has left and we are talking about him possibly coming back here while everything else finishes for the k-1 and then we both go back to nz for his medical and interview.

The questions are, 1) has anyone traveled to the states under a visa waiver, twice, in a short period of time? 2) And will they care if we do the rest of the forms and the remainder of the process while he is in the states and we go back to nz shortly before the medical and interview?

thanks to anyone who can help!

Timeline

Hi everyone, I have a few questions...

We are in the process of waiting for our noa2, and we just got an RFE after 7 months of waiting. My fiancé who is from new zealand visited from march-june under the visa waiver. it has been 2 months since he has left and we are talking about him possibly coming back here while everything else finishes for the k-1 and then we both go back to nz for his medical and interview.

The questions are, 1) has anyone traveled to the states under a visa waiver, twice, in a short period of time? 2) And will they care if we do the rest of the forms and the remainder of the process while he is in the states and we go back to nz shortly before the medical and interview?

thanks to anyone who can help!

My friend and her spouse did. Her spouse was from England. The issue is not really with USCIS. Its with Immigration at the Airports port of entry which I believe is a different agency who decide if you can come in or not. USCIS really doesn't care. Once her spouse got the notification from USCIS, he flew back to England and is currently waiting to go for his interview. She was nervous about the whole thing because there isn't a concrete answer.

06-04-2019   Interview

07-31-2019 Received VISA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I just received my RFE… USCIS was useless in helping me on the phone, does anyone know if they want my photocopies of the original forms that are dated back in January? or do they want me to update everything and date it to August. Any help is appreciated. And i KNOW i sent this stuff in… they have to have lost it… should i send both?

the office is unable to complete the processing of your petition without further information. please read and comply with the request below, then submit the evidence to the above address. Include a copy of this letter and place the attached sheet on top.

a review of form i-129f indicates that you failed to submit the following documents:

beneficiary's G 325A

A review of form i-129f indicates you failed to submit a properly completed form G325A (Biographic information) with the beneficiary's information. Therefore, please submit

Petitioner's G 325A

A review of form i-129f indicates you failed to submit a properly completed form G325A (Biographic information) with the beneficiary's information. Therefore, please submit

Beneficiary's intent to marry
Please provide a original statement from the beneficiary establishing his intent to marry you within 90 days of his admission to the US. You may also submit copies of any evidence he wishes to submit to establish he mutual intent to marry.
Translations----not applicable bc all forms are in english

Timeline

I just received my RFE… USCIS was useless in helping me on the phone, does anyone know if they want my photocopies of the original forms that are dated back in January? or do they want me to update everything and date it to August. Any help is appreciated. And i KNOW i sent this stuff in… they have to have lost it… should i send both?

the office is unable to complete the processing of your petition without further information. please read and comply with the request below, then submit the evidence to the above address. Include a copy of this letter and place the attached sheet on top.

a review of form i-129f indicates that you failed to submit the following documents:

beneficiary's G 325A

Petitioner's G 325A

Please provide a original statement from the beneficiary establishing his intent to marry you within 90 days of his admission to the US. You may also submit copies of any evidence he wishes to submit to establish he mutual intent to marry.

It is understood that they want original. And most people sign their forms with blue ink which gives an authenticity of the signature instead of a copy. With Fedex you could knock all of the above out and sent back to USCIS within a week.

06-04-2019   Interview

07-31-2019 Received VISA

Timeline

You are a day behind us. Ours says, On August 15, 2014

Any reply to your RFE?

beneficiary's G 325A

Petitioner's G 325A

Did you reply to your RFE? Any updates?

Timeline

Any reply to your RFE?

Did you reply to your RFE? Any updates?

Nothing. I thought we would get something today but no update. Everyone seem to get a reply to their RFE within 7 days. Wishful thinking I guess. :(

06-04-2019   Interview

07-31-2019 Received VISA

Timeline

Wow, this link with a list of cases gives good insight for reasons of denial. Pretty straight forward why most people were denied.

http://www.uscis.gov/laws/admin-decisions?topic_id=1&newdir=D6+-+Fiancees+and+Fiances+of+U.S.+Citizen+%28K-1%29%2FDecisions_Issued_in_2014/

06-04-2019   Interview

07-31-2019 Received VISA

Timeline

Wow, this link with a list of cases gives good insight for reasons of denial. Pretty straight forward why most people were denied.

http://www.uscis.gov/laws/admin-decisions?topic_id=1&newdir=D6+-+Fiancees+and+Fiances+of+U.S.+Citizen+%28K-1%29%2FDecisions_Issued_in_2014/

Wow, this is good info. I always worry that for some bad luck, crazy reason I will be denied. Or that the officer will just nick pick and for some unjustified reason will just deny me. But I guess these are very concrete reasons for denial. People simply fail to follow instructions and provide what is needed.

Still my fingers are crossed.....

Timeline

Wow, this is good info. I always worry that for some bad luck, crazy reason I will be denied. Or that the officer will just nick pick and for some unjustified reason will just deny me. But I guess these are very concrete reasons for denial. People simply fail to follow instructions and provide what is needed.

On August 25, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations. :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

On August 25, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations. :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Timeline

CONGRATS!. Did you just get the notification this evening? We got nothing yet.

06-04-2019   Interview

07-31-2019 Received VISA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.