AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Has anyones RFE taken longer then 20 days to arrive ? Its about to be a month and still no hardcopy. I'm becoming depressed. What should I do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If that was me I would put the main job and then perhaps a reference to an attachment and on the attachment put the second part time job.

Its just that there has been RFE's for overlaps and gaps in timeframes, so IMO best to include an attachment as opposed to overlapping on the form.

Perhaps someone else has a better solution.

Oh wait, you're talking about putting down more than one job? I had two jobs last year, so my employment part on the 325a does show that I had both at the same time. I just quit the main job (to look for better employment in my field) and am only working the second job. So it reflects that I only have one at the moment, but would it be a problem that I did have two at the same time?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Has anyones RFE taken longer then 20 days to arrive ? Its about to be a month and still no hardcopy. I'm becoming depressed. What should I do

You should give them a call.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello... we just received RFE and it's kinda frustrating because we sent all the requirements that they needed :-( KEEPING THE FAITH! and now I downloaded and print the messages from emails, FB, and most specially skype. we sent again the the first package we sent plus the things that we had recently since he just got back to Va, we lived together for 6 months here in the Philippines, he even tried to applied in a call center here., and also I attached the contract that he signed just to proove that we really are a couple and we wanted a family and of course get married... is RFE bad or good? please help... thank you...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi,

We received an RFE on July 31 2013. In the notice in states to provide evdence of meeting in person within 2 years prior to the filing of the petition.

As evidence they will accept airline ticket stubs and receipts .....

My question is about the wording "and receipts". Do they mean that only reciepts for airline ticket stubs or just any recepts like for example hotel invoice of us staying together, debit card receipts of both of us from the same city and on the same date....

Thanks

Pawel

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Warsaw, Poland
I-129F Sent : 2013-01-31
I-129F NOA1 : 2013-02-08
I-129F RFE(s) : 2013-07-31
RFE Reply(s) : 2013-08-06
I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-12

Filed: Timeline

I got the RFE for photos on 7/27, RFE response review on 7/29 and today the status is updated back to initial review? have seen people went straight to Approved from RFE Response Review. Why did mine change back to Initial Review? I Has any one had a similar situtation? If so, how long before you get approved? I'm beginning to worry.Thanks

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Oh wait, you're talking about putting down more than one job? I had two jobs last year, so my employment part on the 325a does show that I had both at the same time. I just quit the main job (to look for better employment in my field) and am only working the second job. So it reflects that I only have one at the moment, but would it be a problem that I did have two at the same time?

You are responding to a posting from over seven (7) years ago…..???

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi, i have a question for people who received RFE's before. What was the deadline they gave you? Was something simple, or something that needed more documents (including out of the country docs)?
Cause my rfe never arrived and they just resent it, but the tier 2 person we spoke to kept saying that there's a deadline for it to be replied and if it's something simple they give you less time. That kinda freaked us out, because if we missed the first deadline then it'll be a great headache for us to prove that was their fault in the first place (like telling us to wait 15 days before calling) - although we do have 2 service requests to prove it. I just wanted to know the average time so maybe we can feel a little bit less desperate while we wait for the second time for the hard copy to arrive.

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone to those who got RFE.

My fiance received an RFE asking about affidavit from friends. what we did is asked our friends to write a letter and sign them. Whoever here has the same RFE like ours please share your experience. I need to be enlightened if we did the right thing. Thank you.

I have not got an RFE, but an affidavit is more then a letter, there are uscis guidlines here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ba7ad3d958f17210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=b328194d3e88d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

And an example attached. The affidavit has to be signed and witnessed by a Notary.

-Pat

Affidavit.doc

Edited by CrazyRide

~Our K-1 Journey~

7/6/2013 Engaged

9/16/2013 I-129F Mailed

9/23/2013 NOA 1 Received

10/17/2013 NOA 2 Email!!

That's 24 days from NOA1 to NOA2!!!

Filed: Timeline

I have not got an RFE, but an affidavit is more then a letter, there are uscis guidlines here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ba7ad3d958f17210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=b328194d3e88d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

And an example attached. The affidavit has to be signed and witnessed by a Notary.

-Pat

Pat, Thank you so much for the response @crazyRide I really appreciate your input..Anyway We mailed a letter from my neighbors here stating that they personally met my fiance. sign and date but not notarized. After a week we got approve. :)

-Hannah

RkTqm8.png

And

WUDnm8.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Pat, Thank you so much for the response @crazyRide I really appreciate your input..Anyway We mailed a letter from my neighbors here stating that they personally met my fiance. sign and date but not notarized. After a week we got approve. smile.png

-Hannah

That's great to hear, congrats.

~Our K-1 Journey~

7/6/2013 Engaged

9/16/2013 I-129F Mailed

9/23/2013 NOA 1 Received

10/17/2013 NOA 2 Email!!

That's 24 days from NOA1 to NOA2!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Received an RFE email today. Can't know for sure what it is - we had good primary evidence such as boarding pass date stamped by airport security, passport entry and exit stamps and photos printed from film that were date stamped from the film lab along with dates the pics were taken and locations. I had all her documents professionally translated such as birth certificate, marriage and divorce decree along with a name change document.

The only thing I can think of is that I included an ATM receipt and a hotel receipt that were in her native language but I didn't have translated. I had thought that the other evidence would be sufficient and that the receipts were mainly for the consulate to see. Hope it something easy like that! So it could be that EVERYTHING that isn't in English must have a certified translation! Kind of excited that they actually began reviewing our file at less than 3 months since our NOA1 date!

05-02-13 I-129F Sent05-06-13 Delivery Confirmation at Dallas Lockbox

05-08-13 NOA1

05-10-13 Touched

05-13-13 NOA1 I-797C Hardcopy Received

08-05-13 Request For Evidence

10-16-13 NOA2

10-21-13 NOA2 Hardcopy Received

11-19-13 NVC Received

11-26-13 Consulate Received

12-04-13 Case transferred from Moscow to Kyiv

01-31-14 I-129F Approval Extended For 4 Additional Months By Consulate At My Request

03-06-14 Interview

05-23-14 ISSUED

05-28-14 Visa Received

08-19-14 POE Chicago

08-22-14 MARRIED!

09-04-14 Received SSN

02-06-15 Filed AOS 

01-20-16 AOS Approved

--------------------------------------

ROC Filed 1-18-18

1-18-18 NOA1

5-11-18 Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

5-24-18 Biometrics Processed

8-18-18 I-797 18 Month Extension Letter Received

1-30-19 ROC Approved

2-5-19 Green Card Received 

4-26-19  N-400 Submitted

9-11-19  N-400 Interview (Approved!)

11-08-19 CITIZENSHIP!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

I couldn't track my status on their website so i called and they said your case was ordered on Jul11 and i havent received anything yet. So i called them again and they said they will reach out to the CSC and put in a service request and that i should either receive a service request response (as to what is going on with my case) or an RFE by Aug 20. Has anyone had this issue before or know what the heck is going on??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.