AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Hey I'm new to the site. My fiance is Canadian and in college right now and I'm an American citizen. He's heard some things from his mom's friend who used to live in the states before moving back up to Canada. But I'm still confused for most part on the forms and the whole deal with him not being able to even visit Canada for a year (I live in a boarder state at the most 1.5hrs from the Canadian boarder) what exactly are the rules and regulations to everything?

This flo chart will give you a general idea on how the process works. Once you petition your Canadian fiance he can still visit but will likely need to bring ties to prove he will be going back to Canada. You will want to visit the Canadian regional forums here on VJ to learn from other CAN/US couples. Because the K-1 is a one time entrance visa, after he is here on his K-1 visa he will need to marry you within 90 days and then wait for AP (filed with AOS after marriage) before travelling outside of the US again. The problem is that he will not have a valid visa to return to the US without AP or green card. It's a matter of months at best.

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
Not an RFE but it was sent back to my fiance. He forgot to sign on page. We double checked but somehow missed it. So triple check everything twice!lol

How strict are they about spelling? My fiance sent me his G325A form and he miss spell a lot of words. Can I just use a white out and fix it?

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
+ Always send in the LONG version of the birth certificate (USC) - not the short one. If you only happen to have the short one, include copies of ALL pages of the passport of the US citizen.

That may be excellent advice for some situations, but not "always". In our case, we went through the whole process without ever sending in the USC's birth certificate at all (we used the passport to provide proof of citizenship). Also, some places issue only one form of birth certificate, so there's not always a distinction between "long form" and "short form". Just telling folks they have to file the "long form" may be more confusing than helpful if there is no "long form" option in their place of birth. Finally, some USC's were born abroad, so they don't have the option of using the birth certificate to provide proof of citizenship.

I also sent it in without a birth certificate because the book I read (Fiance & Marriage Visas: A Couple's Guide to U.S. Immigration by Illona Bray, Nolo Press) said that the passport in and of itself is proof of citizenship. I sent a copy of every single page, plus front and back cover!. I've only received NOA1 so far, no RFEs yet asking for birth certificate.

Edited by grinchus

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
+ Always send in the LONG version of the birth certificate (USC) - not the short one. If you only happen to have the short one, include copies of ALL pages of the passport of the US citizen.

That may be excellent advice for some situations, but not "always". In our case, we went through the whole process without ever sending in the USC's birth certificate at all (we used the passport to provide proof of citizenship). Also, some places issue only one form of birth certificate, so there's not always a distinction between "long form" and "short form". Just telling folks they have to file the "long form" may be more confusing than helpful if there is no "long form" option in their place of birth. Finally, some USC's were born abroad, so they don't have the option of using the birth certificate to provide proof of citizenship.

I also sent it in without a birth certificate because the book I read (Fiance & Marriage Visas: A Couple's Guide to U.S. Immigration by Illona Bray, Nolo Press) said that the passport in and of itself is proof of citizenship. I sent a copy of every single page, plus front and back cover!. I've only received NOA1 so far, no RFEs yet asking for birth certificate.

Arrgh I got an email over a week ago about and RFE and still have not gotten the letter in the mail! Its so frustrating, I just want to know what I need to do!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ireland

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-13

Check Cashed: 2009-03-16

Touched : 2009-06-25

Touched : 2009-07-22

RFE: 2009-06-26

RFE Reply(s) : 2009-07-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-07-29

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-08-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-09-11

Packet 4 Received :2009-09-18 - got no letter. Just a phone call.

Interview Date : 2009-09-22

Visa Received : 2009-09-25

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys..i found this from the other site;;;

http://www.asawainternational.com/forum/administrative-review-visa-denials/7119-reasons-administrative-review-ar.html

oops..im off topic...it should be about RFE..hehehehe..but i hope this link can be of help too....

goodluck

Edited by LaneAndDaisy

OUR K-1 JOURNEY TIMELINE

06-22-2009 ---- NOA1 09-18-2009 ---- NOA2

10-27-2009 ---- Medical 11-11-2009 ---- PEPS for Annulment Issue 11-18-09 ----Received PEPS Result

12-04-2009 ---- Interview 12-12-2009 ---- Visa Received

12-18-2009 ---- Flight to US via PAL ...POE - LAX

03-02-2010 ---- SSN and State ID

---AOS TIMELINE---

02-09-2010 ---- Mailed AOS( 485, 864, 131, 765, 1145)

02-12-2010 ---- AOS Package Received by DHS-USCIS

02-18-2010 ---- E-Notification, SMS and NOA Hardcopy Received

03-15-2010 ---- Biometrics Appointment in Milwaukee, WI

04-09-2010 ---- Authorization for Parole/Travel Dox Received

04-16-2010 ---- EAD Card Received

05-12-2010 ---- Interview Schedule in Milwaukee..PASSED!!! Thank You Lord!

05-17-2010 ---- Welcome Notice arrived in mail

06-01-2010 ---- Received Instruction Permit Card from DMV

06-10-2010 ---- 2-yr. GC/PRC arrived today in the mail..SALAMAT PO LORD!

12-12-2010 ---- Got my DMV License

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I noticed somebody asked a week or so ago if there was a list of all RFEs so people could look out for possible "boo-boos." So here we go!

My RFE reason was;

The forms we downloaded didn't tell us to add evidence of meeting in the past two years or frontal face photographs. Which is weird because we got them directly off the London Embassy site. So we got an RFE for basically the other half of what you're suppost to send origionally. We started the K-1 appliciation before we found this forum so we were kinda just going with the instructions as best as we could. We say if you're just starting the I-129F download it from VJ...they seem to have the right instructions....

Great Idea, I just made some separate posts for my boo boo's.... so here is a synopsis:

Have your car you are importing to compliance and proof of it. Have a compliance letter and ask for it early as it can take some time to get.

Be careful after getting here as to the order of what you do. Apply for your SSN with the same name you got your K-1 Visa with at the border to avoid delays. Then apply for a change of name later. I applied right after getting married with my married name and they said my documents didn't match records. They are going to see if they can be verified, I'm still waiting to see if they are or not since my AOS is not yet filed. It would have been fine if I had applied with my maiden name.

Also, read everything you can before you send in your application, 3 months is a long time while you are waiting and if everything is in place it goes so smooth!

John and Becky - Permanent Resident since December 7, 2009!!!

K-1 Visa – I-129 - Vermont Service Center -Consulate: Vancouver, BC, Canada

2009-01-16 - I-129F Sent

2009-01-20 - I-129F NOA1

2009-04-24 - I-129F NOA2

2009-04-28 - NVC Received

2009-04-29 - NVC Left

2009-04-30 - Recieved NOA2 in mail!

2009-05-01 - Consulate Received

2009-05-02 - Received letter from NVC

2009-05-11 - Packet 3 Received and Sent - Interview Appointment Date Confirmed

2009-05-13 - Medical

2009-05-15 - Packet 4 Received and Interview Date - Approved!!!!!

2009-06-16 - Visa Received

2009-06-19 - POE Laurier, Wa

2009-07-04 - Married!

Adjustment of Status - CIS office: Albany, NY

2009-07-29 - Date Filed

2009-07-31 - NOA Date

2009-08-12 - RFE(s)

2009-09-01 - Bio. Appt.

2009-11-05 - AOS Transfer

2009-12-08 - Approved!!!!!

2009-12-14 - Greencard Received!!!!!

Lifting of Conditions - I-751 - Vermont

2011-09-15 - Date Filed

2011-09-15 - NOA Date

2011-10-18 - Bio. Appt

2012-07-12 - Approved!

2012-07-21 - Green Card Received!!!!! Now for Naturalization!

Naturalization - I-400

2013-03-25 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Uh oh...

for my DS230, in the employment section, they ask for jobs had in the past 10 years. I have my main part time job, for 3 years but I have two jobs that I have had for about 6-8 years that I have at the same time. I work full time and then I have a parttime job and I freelance.

SO, for my job stuff, the ten years is covered but there are 3 'presents' listed. AS I do have three jobs going at the same time.

is this going to be a problem?

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually, what I just did was write an addendum to question 32, explaining that I have 2 part time jobs as well as a full time job. at least this way they'll know, right?

:)

LGG

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline
* No gaps or overlaps on timeframes for residences and employment questions for past x amount of years on the G-325A

eg

October 2005 to Present

December 2004 to October 2005

March 2004 to December 2004

June 2003 to March 2004

and so on...

i worked at 2 places at the same time how should i fill that out if i cant overlap times?? also do i absolutly need to specify exact month? i dont really remember the exact months when i started etc. from years ago

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
* No gaps or overlaps on timeframes for residences and employment questions for past x amount of years on the G-325A

eg

October 2005 to Present

December 2004 to October 2005

March 2004 to December 2004

June 2003 to March 2004

and so on...

i worked at 2 places at the same time how should i fill that out if i cant overlap times?? also do i absolutly need to specify exact month? i dont really remember the exact months when i started etc. from years ago

in the letter they sent me it said my documents needed to be in the office on or before the 23rd of this month and it will take 14 days to process it

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I havent been back on since Saturday cause I was so pissed I got my RFE letter and Im like ok wat did I miss.....dese ppl done mixed me up wit someone....they say that in Oct. 2005 I was issued a P21 classification which is the spouse of a lawful permanent resident and I have not provided evidence of previous marriages and their subsequent termination. I was so mad because I thought I made an error and it was them.......I HAVE NEVER BEEN MARRIED. In 2005 I sent for a new green card......was given one with wrong info on it so I sent it back and they mailed me the correct one.....And wat has me more mad the A# they have listed in the top left box in the letter is not mine.....it clearly has the correct A# on my certificate of Naturalization....I didn't know wat to do so I called.....the customer service rep wasnt no help cause shes tellin me to send in wat they are requesting IM LIKE HOW IF I'VE NEVER BEEN MARRIED!....I said can you transfer me to an immigration officer....So Mr. Enriques comes on the phone and I explain to him that it doesnt say what to do if this is wrong information.....He said to write a letter explaining to them that this is not me, point out that the A# is not my old A# and send in any info I have to back that up. Also let them know that I have never been married etc. He was like they do mix up ppls info sometimes so let them know this is wat happened.....Do you guys think that this is all I have to do...I do not want another delay!

Ok so I have my Jamaica Passport that has a stamp with the correct A# I also have the paper that was sent with the correct Greencard that says the A# and the date is 6/13/06(the one I recieved after they made the mistake with the last one) and the Naturalization Certificate...im gonna make a copy and highlight the A#, plus im gonna write a letter.....wat else should I have or need IDK

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

• 2 weeks later...

great thread, members can get infos. ideas on this thread... who had an rfe...

but thanked God no rfe on us... but not completely done with the process hope God will guide us on this visa process.... :innocent: :innocent:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
When my husband (a fiance back then) sent the K-1 package he sent a check for a wrong ammount, so the whole package was rejected and returned to him. He resent it later with the correct check and everything went well afterwards, but it caused a delay for a few days. It wasn't technically a RFE, but I think it can help some people :) Always check on the uscis website for the right fees, because sometimes they change them.

hello there, im new in this site....im a july filer, i just gow one question to all you guys...my petition package has no "letter of intent to marry" is it a reason for sending us an RFE? or is it possible that uscis will consider that and just require in during consulate interview?

pls help me.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.